DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) X-Files Season Box Sets $49.99 @ Best Buy

Old 05-10-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

(DEAD) X-Files Season Box Sets $49.99 @ Best Buy

Well, the X-Files Season Box Sets (I think all of them) are now priced $49.99 at Best Buy's website. I thought someone might be interested in this new lower price.
Old 05-10-05, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nice deal! I might pick up a couple more of these for the wife soon at that price.
Old 05-10-05, 11:20 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Just got back from the Best Buy in Lincoln, NE and they did indeed ring up as $49.99 in store...plus they had all the seasons! I only needed the last three but if you are one of those who didn't get in on the FOXSTORE deal....this is your next best bet!
Old 05-10-05, 12:49 PM

Thanx OP - have been waiting to pick up the last three seasons
Old 05-10-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll have to go back to my local Best Buy because the other day I saw most of them had a $125.99 price sticker on them.
Old 05-10-05, 03:39 PM

Just a little FYI...my copies all had $96.99 pricetags on them. I took in printed out copies of their website into the store and asked a guy in the media department if they pricematch their own website. He said yup so I took my three seasons and my life aquatic up to the counter and said I have pricematches. She rang up Life Aquatic and picematched it, then rang up the X-Files and each came in at $49.99...so no need to pricematch there!
Old 05-10-05, 05:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Preditor74
Just got back from the Best Buy in Lincoln, NE and they did indeed ring up as $49.99 in store...plus they had all the seasons! I only needed the last three but if you are one of those who didn't get in on the FOXSTORE deal....this is your next best bet!
You have to be kidding. I tried to order some of the seaons today for instore pickup and not only was Lincoln sold out, all 3 Omaha Stores, Council Bluffs, and KC were also sold out of all season except s9.
Old 05-10-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

as was discussed during the last BB.com sale thread their website's inventory does not reflect the store's inventory. just because it's not available for pickup via bb.com does not mean it's not available to be purchased in stores.
Old 05-10-05, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kklems
You have to be kidding. I tried to order some of the seaons today for instore pickup and not only was Lincoln sold out, all 3 Omaha Stores, Council Bluffs, and KC were also sold out of all season except s9.
It has been stated elsewhere (don't remember what thread) that your local Best Buy has a limited supply of its stock that is considered "bestbuy.com" stock. So, a store might have 20 copies of a title, but if none of that is allocated to be "bestbuy.com" stock, then you cannot do an in-store pickup on it.

Your best bet in this case if you really want the item then is to take a printout of the bestbuy.com page and see if they'll pricematch their own site. It's hit or miss, depending on how the CSR feels. If they say they don't, you can always say "So, I can go home and order this for in-store pickup at the lower price, and then come right back here and get it?" and they'll usually rethink their logic.
Old 05-10-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went to my local BB a little earlier and they had several copies of all the seasons. I picked up Seasons 3-9 for the wife, and completed the set. The receipt shows "SALE", so I'm guessing that this isn't a permanent pricedrop.
Old 05-10-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This fulfills a longtime goal of mine! My Fiance and I have had a deal for a while now that she could get all seasons of Friends adn I could get all X-files if we found good enough deals. She got her Friends collection a cuople of months ago, now here's mine! Ordered on BB.com for shipping, since my local store only seems to have a few seasons at any one time. $49.99 each + $13.41 S&H + $32.43 tax = $495.75. Steep, but the best price I've come across.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-11-05, 01:04 AM

Yes i know. I tried doing instore pickup through the website at first (in fear that the store would not have them for that price) but it said that there were none availible. This was weird because on Monday I was in there and saw they had all the seasons. Just go in and check...they most likly have them!
Old 05-11-05, 02:33 AM

Now if only the Star Trek sets were this price
Old 05-11-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Preditor74
Just a little FYI...my copies all had $96.99 pricetags on them. I took in printed out copies of their website into the store and asked a guy in the media department if they pricematch their own website. He said yup so I took my three seasons and my life aquatic up to the counter and said I have pricematches. She rang up Life Aquatic and picematched it, then rang up the X-Files and each came in at $49.99...so no need to pricematch there!
Interesting... my local BB will not price match their website. They say it's two completely different things.

The site said that none of my local stores had seasons 1-3, but when I stopped in on my way home there were 3 or 4 copies of each on the shelf. Never trust the website.
Old 05-11-05, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Interesting... my local BB will not price match their website. They say it's two completely different things.
That was corporate policy for many years. A few months back, they finally realized just how silly and anti-customer that was and changed the policy.
Old 05-11-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
That was corporate policy for many years. A few months back, they finally realized just how silly and anti-customer that was and changed the policy.
The order must not have hit my local store yet, because they told me last night that they don't price match the site. Thankfully the season sets rang up at $49.99 and I didn't have to argue with them.
Old 05-11-05, 09:16 AM

thanx - stopped by the b&m to p/u a couple of seasons. the store must have stocked up b/c they had considerable stock yesterday
Old 05-11-05, 09:20 AM

Torrance, CA Best Buy has $500 more than they would have had last night if it wasn't for this deal - picked up Seasons 2-9 amongst a CD or two.
Old 05-11-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone know how long these will be on sale? I would like to buy 1 season a week for the next 9 weeks if I could get them at $50 each week. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-11-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
Torrance, CA Best Buy has $500 more than they would have had last night if it wasn't for this deal - picked up Seasons 2-9 amongst a CD or two.
I'm guessing they actually lose money selling it at that price.....
Old 05-12-05, 04:48 PM

Airport Way BestBuy in Portland, OR had at least three boxes per season. Boxes say $96.99, but rang up at $49.99. Picked up 2-9 for $399.91, no tax in Oregon. Only deal I could find better was the Fox Store Coupon, but I didn't get one. Used my RewardZone card so I'll get a couple of $5 coupons in return.
Old 05-12-05, 09:15 PM

In chicago I picked up season 1 thru 6 for $329. Hot Dammmmmmm
Old 05-13-05, 12:47 AM

In Plantation, FL I picked up seasons 2-7.. Yeehaawww....
Old 05-14-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Already got 2-6 from DDD on their sale (which ended up being about the same price from BB per set w/tax and shipping). So I ordered season 7 from Best Buy... $50 is too much for Season 8-9. I'd pay $25 for both 8-9...
Old 05-14-05, 03:07 AM

Oh come on, Season 8 I thought was actually pretty decent. I mean I liked Doggett, and you got Mulder back for half of the season (and I didnt mind the resurrection plot...I mean we've seen weirder things on TXF). Plus Mulder got some great moments...my favorite being when he woke up from being dead and asked Scully, "Who are you?" only to smile...it was soo Mulderish! Then of course to follow up with did anybody miss me? Such a great character! Season 9 I had to buy just because I never watched it (the show always ended with that perfect Season 8 ending), so I want to give it a shot. Anyways...I always hate people who bash season 8 just because it doesnt have Mulder, because it is actually not that bad.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.