Borders 25% off one item 4/19-4/25

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Borders 25% off one item 4/19-4/25

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-05, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to buy a DVD with the coupon tonite and got the old "DVD's are only 10% off". I asked her where it said that in the coupon, she said it qualified under electronics. I laughed at her and asked her where do I insert the batteries or plug it in the wall? When she didn't see my humor I asked her to call a manager. The manager came over, looked at the coupon and told the girl unless it specifically says DVD at a less percentage, take 25% off. She didn't say anything else to me, and I got my DVD at 25%. I recommend anyone else having this problem, just ask for the manager.
Old 04-23-05, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed at the Borders I went to today that the most recent releases are MSRP. I noticed all the Errol Flynn titles had a price sticker of 19.99 and on sale for 16.99 while with their old pricing they would have been 14.99. Also, the recent Columbia westerns titles that just came out with a msrp for 14.99 are stickered at 14.99.
Old 04-23-05, 09:32 PM

I have also noticed the rise in Borders' DVD prices. Most of the Criterion titles released during 2005 have been priced at full MSRP at Borders, with the exception of a handful releases like Night and the City, Thieves' Highway, L'Eclisse, Sword of Doom and a few others. Unfortunately, it looks like next week's releases of Divorce-Italian Style and F for Fake will be priced at MSRP.
Old 04-24-05, 07:59 AM

I picked up "Rules of the Game" (which was listed for $35.99, a little less than the MSRP of $39.99), so it worked out to $26.99, about a dollar more than the lowest mail order store. What I like about going into a store with the Criterions is that I find a title (like "Rules of the Game") that I have always wanted, but is not top of mind with me.
Also my Borders is giving out 30% off coupons for books until 5/1.
Old 04-24-05, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by jackson walker
I picked up "Rules of the Game" (which was listed for $35.99, a little less than the MSRP of $39.99), so it worked out to $26.99, about a dollar more than the lowest mail order store. What I like about going into a store with the Criterions is that I find a title (like "Rules of the Game") that I have always wanted, but is not top of mind with me.
Also my Borders is giving out 30% off coupons for books until 5/1.
I'm the exact same way, wound up picking up The Lower Depths for the same price. I don't mind the extra dollar or 2 because I'm the type who likes to hold the title in my hand, make sure the casing is good, etc. Plus I get to come home and watch it right there instead of waiting for shipment.
Old 04-24-05, 06:39 PM

this 25% coupon can't combined with 10% off coupon.
Old 04-24-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks! I posted one in Hot Deals for 25 percent off but it was three days only and ended today.

I used that one and will hit another store Monday that was out of a book I wanted.

Movies of the 80's