Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon S1 FOX DVD Deals Back!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot
actually before the first one at amazon (99% sure) it was ran at amazon.ca first (could have been after) but amazon.ca ran a sale like this once..

Hmm... you could be right. I think I remember getting Futurama Season 1 way back when.

That said, every time I've seen this sale posted since, I've gone to amazon.ca and no dice
Old 01-18-05, 05:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
My Dark Angel case looks almost as bad as some of the sets you'd see in USED bins (creased, dented corners, worn). Disk 1 was loose rattling around inside and is scratched up a bit. The rest of the disks were in place, but for some reason some of them were still scratched a little. I don't think they'll be bad enough to not play, but still, it should be a little nicer than this. But then. for $15 I can't complain too much.
Disc 3 of my Dark Angel set was loose and scratched also, but I think I can polish the scratches out with some clearcoat polish. I have had this problem on occaison with discs in WM's dump bin and especially with several of the Columbia House TV greats series. CH would always replace them though. Looks like they could come up with a better center hub for the cases so they wouldn't spin inside the case or come off altogether. My $.02.
Old 01-18-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That's the last time I order DVD sets from Amazon. I got my Dark Angel S1, Futurama Vol 1, and Son of the Beach Vol 1 today.

My Dark Angel case looks almost as bad as some of the sets you'd see in USED bins (creased, dented corners, worn). Disk 1 was loose rattling around inside and is scratched up a bit. The rest of the disks were in place, but for some reason some of them were still scratched a little. I don't think they'll be bad enough to not play, but still, it should be a little nicer than this. But then. for $15 I can't complain too much.

The outer Futurama box was creased a bit, the Son of the Beach box was fine.
just return it to Amazon as defective. They should ship you another one, free of charge
Old 01-18-05, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dabaomb
just return it to Amazon as defective. They should ship you another one, free of charge
And what if that one is even worse?

I'll just live with it.
Old 01-18-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And what if that one is even worse?

I'll just live with it.

I've ordered dozens of box sets from Amazon and never had any problems, nor has their packaging seemed any worse than what I get from other sites. I think the problem with your package was a combination of a poor case type for that title and rough handling by the USPS or whatever carrier they used. It would be very unlikely from my experience that you would get a 2nd package in the same condition. It's not like you're buying "as is" B-grade merchandise that you have to worry that there is a worse defect in a second one. Oh, and if the second one is worse, just return it again. Amazon lets you print prepaid labels for defective returns, you know.
Old 01-19-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

from all my orders with them, only 1 box (Roswell S1) was damaged (smashed all to hell actually), but they immediately shipped a replacement via 2nd day air and e-mailed me a return label.....i couldn't have asked for a quicker or better resolution.
Old 01-19-05, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jpdude
from all my orders with them, only 1 box (Roswell S1) was damaged (smashed all to hell actually), but they immediately shipped a replacement via 2nd day air and e-mailed me a return label.....i couldn't have asked for a quicker or better resolution.
I decided to return it. I didn't realize that they immediately ship a new one before I even send the original back. It should be here Friday, then I'll send the original one back. I already printed my label.

I don't think it was poor handling during shipping because the other 3 items with it were fine and everything was shrink-wrapped together.
Old 01-21-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I got my replacement this morning and I haven't opened it yet, but the packaging is in MUCH better condition. Just a few slightly dinged corners and edges. Even the shrink-wrap is much clearer and not as cloudy/worn looking. I haven't opened it yet, but I can tell there are no loose disks inside.

Also for some reason, this replacement one doesn't have the big UPC sticker on the shrink-wrap covering the original UPC like my first set did. I'm not sure what that means, but I like it better since I leave the shrink wrap on.

EDIT: Not a single scratch on all 6 disks.

I'd swear my first one was opened and resealed.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 01-21-05 at 10:51 AM.