Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Seinfeld Seasons 1-3 $79.24 + tax at Bestbuy.com + you get a $25 Digital coupon!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Seinfeld Seasons 1-3 $79.24 + tax at Bestbuy.com + you get a $25 Digital coupon!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-04, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Received my Seinfeld Seasons 1 & 2 and Season 3 boxes from Coconuts. For those who are interested, there was *no* UPC sticker on the plastic wrapping of the boxes. For me, however, this is no big deal. I have no issue at all with using an exacto knife to carefully cut out the UPC from each box. The UPCs are on the outer sleeve box, not on the DVD covers themselves. To get $20 back, its worth the effort IMO. (There are no Coconuts stores in my city, so asking the B&M to give the stickers isn't an option for me).
Old 12-01-04, 03:02 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My Seinfeld gift set arrived from Best Buy but the box has a split along one corner of the base. It looks like a damage straight from the manufactuerer

Does BB do an even exchange in the store if I bring it in? A couple of years ago they kept saying the store and online were two separate entities and they wouldn't do exchanges. They would only return the online purchase and have you repurchase another set in the store. Has this changed for the better now?
Old 12-01-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eau
Does BB do an even exchange in the store if I bring it in? A couple of years ago they kept saying the store and online were two separate entities and they wouldn't do exchanges. They would only return the online purchase and have you repurchase another set in the store. Has this changed for the better now?
From their website:
How do I return an item?

Avoid shipping charges and receive a refund more quickly by returning online orders at any Best Buy store within the United States.
  • Your packing list/receipt and ID are required.
  • Include all original packing materials, manuals and accessories with the product to avoid any additional fees.
  • Returns of gift with purchase items, quantity discounts and bundle purchase have specific guidelines for what your return price will be.
Old 12-01-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Grrrrr... My Seinfeld sets shipped out on 11/22 and I still haven't got them. Worse yet the tracking number they gave me comes up as not ever being entered in the system. So I decided to e-mail Coconuts Customer Service Dept and they were supposed to respond 2 days ago to my e-mail... Still nothing.
Old 12-01-04, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine also shipped on 11/22 and I haven't received it either.

And I e-mailed them with a question about the order on 11/20, just after I placed it. The auto-reply said "a Customer Care Agent will respond within the next business day." Not a word since.

Last edited by seymouru; 12-01-04 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-01-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I need to check when mine shipped as it still hasn't arrived from Coconuts. Not too impressive for this first-time shoppper.
Old 12-01-04, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well that sucks. I just checked the account and it says that no order was ever received.

Guess I don't need those box sets after all.
Old 12-01-04, 08:10 PM
Cool New Member

I took my banged up boxes in with the envelope and packing slip. They said they could give me a refund and i would have to go back through the check out and essentially re-buy new sets. They were marked $41.99, I showed the cashier my packing slip price of $29.99 each, she changed it to that and gave me the mag and bonus DVD for free...PLUS I did an in-store pick up the Legendary Films of Ray Harryhaussen which I used my $20 in digital coupons on last night! so I ended up pretty good with some hassle...and will NEVER order anything and have it delivered form bestbuy.com again...
Old 12-01-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Heliosphann
Grrrrr... My Seinfeld sets shipped out on 11/22 and I still haven't got them. Worse yet the tracking number they gave me comes up as not ever being entered in the system. So I decided to e-mail Coconuts Customer Service Dept and they were supposed to respond 2 days ago to my e-mail... Still nothing.
I just checked this thread to see if anyone else had this problem. Absolutely no reason this set shouldn't have arrived yet if it was shipped inside the US, and further, it's a bit disconcerting there is still nothing when searching for the tracking number.
Old 12-01-04, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Heliosphann
I received mine the day after it's release day. (On a Wednesday).

After reading that you might have to cut out the UPC, I was worried. I emailed customer service asking if there was any way around it.

That was last Saturday, and I still haven't had a response from them yet.

I'm having the same trouble with the DDD customer service. Can't get a hold of them through email or phone.
Old 12-01-04, 09:46 PM
Cool New Member

My digital coupon have a value of $23.18 (before tax). I ordered 2 DVD from them ($13.49 and $7.19) + $2.50 (shipping) + tax (CA) for $1.71. Look like I have to pay tax twice. Anyone have that experience with them ?
Old 12-01-04, 09:56 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by seymouru
From their website:
I would rather want an exchange than a return and repurchase. Does BB still make you return the online purchase and than rebuy in the store? I used $9 BBucks on it and the gift set is no longer on sale ($89.99 now).
Old 12-01-04, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by eau
Does BB still make you return the online purchase and than rebuy in the store? I used $9 BBucks on it and the gift set is no longer on sale ($89.99 now).
It sounds like they do, based on ddschneider1972's post above. But they matched his purchase price, so maybe they'll still let you apply the BB Bucks.
Old 12-02-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Coconuts

I got my Seinfeld 1,2 and 3 from Coconuts.com today. I placed my order on Friday, November 19, and I live in NH. The sets came in pristine condition, so the banged up boxes seem to be a BB failure. I hope you other Coconuts.com orderers get your sets soon...
Old 12-02-04, 12:04 PM

Re: Coconuts

Originally posted by sumdeus
I got my Seinfeld 1,2 and 3 from Coconuts.com today. I placed my order on Friday, November 19, and I live in NH. The sets came in pristine condition, so the banged up boxes seem to be a BB failure. I hope you other Coconuts.com orderers get your sets soon...
Did you also get a tracking number that wasn't showing up on the USPS site? I ordered on 11/22 and like many above, the tracking number is not in the USPS system.
Old 12-02-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Coconuts

Originally posted by Wallet Boy
Did you also get a tracking number that wasn't showing up on the USPS site? I ordered on 11/22 and like many above, the tracking number is not in the USPS system.
Yes, I got a tracking number for USPS that did not work. I just checked the status of my order on the USPS site and it still doesn't say anything different even now that I have the item. I'm not sure what is wrong with the number but either Coconuts.com or USPS dropped the ball on this one.
Old 12-02-04, 07:52 PM

fucking best buy!

No bonus DVD and still no digital coupon
Old 12-02-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still haven't gotten my digital coupon. Should I email them? It looked like it should have been delivered by now.
Old 12-02-04, 11:38 PM

I got my dig coupon a few days ago. I actually returned the set the day before so I don't think the coupon works anymore anyways.
Old 12-03-04, 12:51 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by leland
I got my dig coupon a few days ago. I actually returned the set the day before so I don't think the coupon works anymore anyways.
Have you tried it for sure? Use it if it still works
Old 12-03-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Posting here must have done the trick. No sooner than I post and I come home to find Seinfeld in my mailbox from Coconuts. Not exactly a quick delivery, but at least they finally arrived.
Old 12-03-04, 03:24 PM

So can I take my coconuts order to FYE and get UPC codes so I don't have to cut the box. Did that work for anybody?
Old 12-03-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jmanin2
So can I take my coconuts order to FYE and get UPC codes so I don't have to cut the box. Did that work for anybody?
I posted the same question in the TWEC thread about 2 weeks ago and never received a response. I too am interested to know if anyone has tried this before and what the result was.
Old 12-03-04, 03:57 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My Seasons 1-2 set (plus the bonus disc) was mis-routed for the past week - I finally got it today and the top right corner was all crushed.

I figured I'd keep it anyway, but when I opened the wrap and removed the outer case the inner case was completely mangled, torn, etc.

I don't know how that could have happened on the side where the outer box was fine, so maybe it was mangled in the factory.

In any event, I'm going to try to return it to a BB store today and hopefully they won't give me any guff about the shrink wrap being removed (I'll return the wrap with it).
Old 12-04-04, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my Season 1&2 + 3 Box Sets Yesterday from Coconuts... They arrived in great shape, albeit no doubt transversing the US several times in getting to my house... Mine shipped on 11/22. I've got things faster from Amazon Japan via standard shipping!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.