Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

New Coupons for Digital Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-05, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedyray
I have a question Mark, am I going to get double points? I had an order ship while there was a power outage according to customer service. The order shows as processing on the website not shipped despite the fact CS assured me it is on the way. I assume this will effect my double points.
E-mail me and I will check into this for you.
Old 09-24-05, 11:21 AM

My credit has been a month today as well. Does anyone know when we should expect the credit to show up?
Old 09-24-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by honking
Hey Mark,

I sent in a shipment of used DVDs for credit on August 23rd, Quote #7782 how long will it take to receive credit for them? I was told 15 days when I called, but it has now been 30. Please let me know, there are many new releases I would like to order. You can email me or post here. [email protected]
Exactly the same problem I am having. I sent in my dvds about 3 weeks ago, it has never taken this long before. I still haven't heard back from Mark or from the general CS email system.

What is going on here?
Old 09-26-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I sent my very first shipment in and was wondering how long it was going to take to get a credit. I'm only 10 days in and see I have a lot longer to wait.

Edit: Email received at 11:07CST saying "credit applied"

Last edited by Chew; 09-26-05 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-26-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Chew
I sent my very first shipment in and was wondering how long it was going to take to get a credit. I'm only 10 days in and see I have a lot longer to wait.

Edit: Email received at 11:07CST saying "credit applied"
Still no credit for me.
Old 09-26-05, 05:29 PM

Why am I 33 days in with no credit? How long should I wait before turning this over to the post office?
Old 09-26-05, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by crazydvdman
Why am I 33 days in with no credit? How long should I wait before turning this over to the post office?
The problem with that is, I am betting they actually got your package, unless there was a rash of lost/stolen packages that were sent to DigitalEyes. I am not sure you can do anything other than file paperwork for mail fraud. Even that might be stretching it.

I won't make the same mistake twice, this will be the last time I do a trade-in deal with DigitalEyes. Hell, after all this, I might not even order from them again, and I have spent a good deal of money there.

Going on about one week without a response from CS@DigitalEyes, and several days without a response from Mark Harill (after he told me to email him directly. Clearly they do not know how to treat their loyal customers.
Old 09-26-05, 09:16 PM

My father in law is the postmaster so I'll certainly get something done. My store credit for this is over $400.

As with you, I order most, if not all, of my DVDs from DigitalEyes so I'm sad to see myself and others having issues. It usually takes 1-2 weeks but going past 4 is just crazy especially when www.sellmydvds.com has your check in the mail the same day they get your package. That $400 store credit is ready to be spent on items I haven't purchased the past four weeks in hopes of just getting them at DigitalEyes.

I understand if they're backed up but not replying to two e-mails isn't a way to treat anyone.
Old 09-27-05, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by honking
Yeah, just in case something shady is going on, I canceled my preorders I made. I do have insurance on the package I sent, but I don't think that does any good if they just keep it and do nothing. I emailed everyone at Digital Eyes (lori, orders, Mark) over a week ago and heard nothing back. Getting worried now. The first email I sent them said there were delays and I would receive my credit within 15 days of them receiving the package, but now they just don't respond and it has been well over 30 days. I have spent over 1500 dollars with them in the past!!!
Sounds like we are in the exact same boat. What the hell is going on there?!?
Old 09-27-05, 04:52 PM

Something is certainly going on. I called them today and the conversation was a bit strange. I asked how long it was going to take and they said they were running behind but it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks. I then told them mine had been 33 days. The person on the phone then looked up my information and said I should wait until Thursday or Friday and then call them back if I hadn't gotten my credit yet. The person then said I should give them my delivery confirmation number the next time I call.

Why tell me to give them until Thursday or Friday AND then call back with my tracking number? My tracking number states that the package was received four weeks ago this past Saturday.
Old 09-27-05, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For what it's worth, I think you guys should give this matter some more time before jumping to conclusions (or, frankly, before bad-mouthing digitaleyes and the ever courteous Mark in a public forum like this one). I also have a large shipment of used discs I sent in several weeks ago and haven't yet seen credit for, but it's a simple fact of life that sometimes things do get backed up and orders take longer to process. A month or so is not an unreasonable amount of time to wait.
I could be wrong, of course, but this sounds like nothing to me, and I'd really suggest taking a quiet, wait and see approach here. Speaking as a longtime customer, Digital Eyes has always been one of the most honest outfits I've dealt with, and I don't smell the slightest whiff of conspiracy or catastrophy here.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Gypo66; 09-27-05 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-27-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gypo66
For what it's worth, I think you guys should give this matter some more time before jumping to conclusions (or, frankly, before bad-mouthing digitaleyes and the ever courteous Mark H. in a public forum like this one). I also have a large shipment of used discs I sent in several weeks ago and haven't yet seen credit for, but it's a simple fact of life that sometimes things do get backed up and orders take longer to process. A month or so is not an unreasonable amount of time to wait.
I could be wrong, of course, but I'd really suggest taking a wait and see approach here. Speaking as a longtime customer, Digital Eyes have always been one of the most honest outfits I've dealt with, and I don't smell the slightest whiff of conspiracy or castrophy here.

Just my two cents.
Regardless of whether they are backed up or not, it isn't hard to give a simple reply to an email, and it is the least we should expect.
Old 09-27-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I asked Geoff to look into this. Not sure who he will contact but if he hears something back he'll tell me and I'll post, or he will ..
Old 09-28-05, 01:16 PM

From my phone call with them yesterday it's very clear that if I didn't have delivery confirmation then I wouldn't see a dime from them.

At the very least someone from the company should speak up here or answer an e-mail.
Old 09-28-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From my phone call with them yesterday it's very clear that if I didn't have delivery confirmation then I wouldn't see a dime from them.

At the very least someone from the company should speak up here or answer an e-mail.
As long as they got it you will get credit - eventually. I have waited similar perods of time for credit in the past. Especially one time when I had a big order. They get behind soemtimes, yes they seem to be having some serious issues currently, but I am sure it will get worked out and everyone will get their credit. I personally thing everyone is getting a little too worked up over the delay. My order took about 30 days ($100+) and I never thought twice about it. If it had been 45 I might have started to wonder what was going on.
Old 09-28-05, 02:29 PM

I could be wrong, of course, but this sounds like nothing to me, and I'd really suggest taking a quiet, wait and see approach here. Speaking as a longtime customer, Digital Eyes has always been one of the most honest outfits I've dealt with, and I don't smell the slightest whiff of conspiracy or catastrophy here.

Just my two cents.

Agreed completely. Digital Eyes has always been a pleasure to deal with. My last shipment of used dvds to them was mailed on Sept 12 and on Sept 23 I received my credit. So I certainly don't sense any major issues going on here, and I would just advise people to be patient.
Old 09-28-05, 02:35 PM

On all of my past shipments to them via media mail, delivery confirmation has only been an additional $0.55. I've never encountered any mailing problems, but 55 cents is such a small amount for peace of mind that I always get the delivery confirmation. Just a recommendation.
Old 09-28-05, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, alarmists. Just as I thought, no cause for concern.
Was just notified via email that my used DVD credit has gone through. How about yours?

Oh, and I can only echo what Moonraker said in the strongest of terms: not paying the extra 55 cents for delivery confirmation is not a very smart move...
Old 09-28-05, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, alarmists. Just as I thought, no cause for concern.
Was just notified via email that my used DVD credit has gone through. How about yours?

Oh, and I can only echo what Moonraker said in the strongest of terms: not paying the extra 55 cents for delivery confirmation is not a very smart move...
Same here. Hurray, the sky isn't falling....yet! Still wish I knew what the deal is with the lack in responses from them.

Last edited by flashburn; 09-29-05 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-29-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For what it's worth, I sent my shipment around the first week of September, so it took between 3 and 4 weeks to get my credit.
Again, though, that's only a very, very rough ballpark of what to expect. In the past, my wait time has been less, and it's also been more -- sometimes well over a month.
The key here is patience. Nobody's trying to screw you, so just keep on top of the situation.

By the way, Honking -- when does your delivery confirmation say your package was delivered? That's what's really critical here. If you don't have that delivery confirmation, you very well may have a problem. In the future, remember that delivery confirmation is an absolute must.

Last edited by Gypo66; 09-29-05 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-29-05, 12:02 PM

Hi - Gypo66

Delivered on August 28th. I emailed them in early September and they said they did get it but had not processed it, so we're ok, it is just taking a little longer than I thought I guess, I am not worried about it, but their are some preorders I want that would be shipping soon. I just wish they would have replied to my last couple of emails I sent. That is why I posted my question here on the board, because I know Mark checks it often for questions. DigitalEyes.net has always been very good and I will continue to order from them. Quick Shipping, Great selection and prices and you still can use Coupons, that's why they are my favorite. Thanks for the information Gypo66. I'm sure they are just running behind.

Last edited by honking; 09-29-05 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-29-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

great, I just sent off my old Hitchcock dvds to trade in for the new set. I did ship priority mail, so at least I can track and confirm delviery. As to getting the credit before the release date, I'm guessing that's a stretch. Still, if all works out in the end, I'll be happy. This is also my first time with digital eyes, by the way.
Old 09-30-05, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mark,

Not high priority at all but, sometime down the road, you might want to update the list of titles that are displayed when one click's on the "Animeigo" promotional logo that appears on the right side, half-way down on the homepage. You need to add the following:

Demon Spies
Red Lion
Samurai Banners
Shadow Hunters
Shadow Hunters II - Echo of Destiny

All the above are already available for purchase on your site, however they are not showing up when you click on the "Animeigo" logo.

And, thanks for offering these titles at such nice pricing.

Last edited by flixtime; 09-30-05 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-30-05, 10:42 AM

Received my credit today. Everything is AOK at digitaleyes.net It just took a little longer than I had expected.
Old 09-30-05, 04:02 PM

Got the credit I was after today also, maybe they do those things in batches. Sent mine in late August as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.