Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Action Comics #1000

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-21, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Re: Action Comics #1000

Originally Posted by movieguru
It could be the word Hustler possibly combined with the artist's name that's flagging it then. Sometimes when you list things like that it will get flagged in the listing process and you have to click an extra step saying that you state it is not in violation of an adult listing policy.
I've had that warning message when I was listing Playboys, and it's more a confirmation. In this instance, it was a very direct - in RED - statement that I was violating Ebay policy and don't do it again!!! I felt it best to not do it again. Later, I did searches on the keywords I thought might have triggered it, and items kept coming up. Here's the exact phrasing I used:
ActionComics #1000 - Blank Variant Remarked by Famous Hustler Cartoonist Muleady!

This is a one-of-a-kind copy of the Blank Variant - drawn on by Hustler Cartoonist Muleady! On both sides! Wow! (the orange tag isn’t on the real book)
Anyway, I've decided to keep it because it's kinda neat.

Old 07-17-22, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts

Based on a few online references, I now have all of the covers, plus two extra blanks that have original art on them - for a total of 46. Woo hoo.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (07-19-22)
Old 07-17-22, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

There was a time during the mid 90’s I collected every Superman and Batman related title. I don’t remember how many there were but there must have been at least eight, if not more.
Old 07-18-22, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F
There was a time during the mid 90’s I collected every Superman and Batman related title. I don’t remember how many there were but there must have been at least eight, if not more.
That was probably around the time they were so interconnected that there was a numbering system between titles (at least for the Superman books) and the story basically continued from one book to the next.