Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Amazing Spider-Man 3 times a month

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bishop2knight
It might not be 1/3 the price, but I bet it'll be 4/3 the crappiness.
Ding ding!
Old 06-19-07, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
If those rumors are true about "One More Day" getting rid of Mary Jane, I wont have to worry about buying any Spidey books....
Old 06-19-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
What rumor?
Old 06-20-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some highlights from Joe Q:

http://www.newsarama.com/heroes_phil...nemoreday.html

The same fan also asked about Quesada's take on the Peter/MJ marriage, which Quesada repeating his feelings that a married Spider-Man takes away a big part of the soap opera, and the problems inherent with having them divorced or Spider-Man becoming a widower. He also said undoing it with a "continuity punch" is a problem

"In my perfect world, I'd love to bring the soap opera back. And that's what Ultimate Spider-Man does, too. You know that Peter and MJ are destined to be with each other, but here comes Kitty Pryde."

Supporting cast after One More Day? Quesada: "Part of Brand New Day will be building a supporting cast around Peter," adding that it'll be some old and a lot of new.

So good chance I wont be reading this new Spider-Man anyway...
Old 06-20-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 349 Posts
Eww, that doesn't sound good at all.
Old 06-21-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When is the last time you heard Quesada say something that actually sounded GOOD?
Old 06-21-07, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at my LCS yesterday for my weekly books and they had no idea about this new idea for Amazing Spiderman..Doesn't Marvel communicate with comic shops about big changes like this? If I was in charge and I was going to do something that would affect small shops sales I would definitely let them know or at least ask for their input...That's why the comic business is on life support...
Old 06-21-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildo1966
I was at my LCS yesterday for my weekly books and they had no idea about this new idea for Amazing Spiderman..Doesn't Marvel communicate with comic shops about big changes like this? If I was in charge and I was going to do something that would affect small shops sales I would definitely let them know or at least ask for their input...That's why the comic business is on life support...
Well, if your LCS is relatively small, I'm not sure they would have solicited input from every LCS around. Wasn't the news distributed at the big convention?

I'm not defending their decision to do this, I'm just saying the way they made the announcement was not unreasonable, and to my knowledge they're not changing any past Previews solicitations, so this change is a little ways away. Could be wrong, though.

I really don't see the part in the Joe Q. interview where he even hints he'll do something to MJ. What am I missing here?

If they're going to say Spidey's marriage is a problem with people relating to him like they did in his early days, I'd say a bigger problem is the fact that he's an adult now and no longer a kid... which was the point, I thought, of the whole Ultimate Spiderman book.
Old 06-23-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
When is the last time you heard Quesada say something that actually sounded GOOD?
The day he says "I quit."
Old 06-23-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
When he took over and said that he understood why fans were so upset about the direction of Spider-Man (just after the clone saga), and he was going to make the books more fan friendly.

Just the first of many lies, though.
Old 06-23-07, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Any editor could have come in and noticed all the fans who left after the clone saga. I had high hopes for Joe Q, but lately....I don't know. Hes in a long line of editors who think fans are stupid, or don't get it, when they disagree with direction.
Old 06-24-07, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Most importantly, it gets rid of that dismal Peter David book. As a longtime PAD fan, I don't know what the hell happened to him. He could always be counted on for a good Spidey story or a good Hulk story, but FNSM was a mess.
I agree that FNSM had some lame stories, but I liked how PAD made use of Peter Parker's supporting cast, with Flash, Betty Brant, Deb Whitman, and how they all reacted to the Spidey unmasking. It feels a little like the old-school Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man title, which was a nice change from what JMS has been serving up.