Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Amazing Spectacular Spider-Man: questions / news / reviews [SPOILERS?]

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

The Ultimate Amazing Spectacular Spider-Man: questions / news / reviews [SPOILERS?]

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-04, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is a great story so far. I am really enjoying it can't wait till part 3. MY wife were discussing the ages of these two people and of Peter. Is Peter really in his mid 30 by now?
Old 08-23-04, 12:32 AM

Originally posted by blakader
this is a great story so far. I am really enjoying it can't wait till part 3. MY wife were discussing the ages of these two people and of Peter. Is Peter really in his mid 30 by now?
Peter was roughly 25 (or was it 28?) during the clone saga. I think this was mentioned in one of the Ben Reilly/Kaine limited series, where Reilly finds Flash Thompson in a bar, who laments that he's a 25 year old working as a gym coach at the high school he grew up in.

No mention on how much time has passed since then, but I'm guessing it's no more than a few years.
Old 08-28-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The current ASM arc is one of the best in along time! It's much better from the usual sci-fi crap the JMS puts out.

I really enjoy the USM line...but the stories at time can be anti-climatic. The Carnage Arc had a excellent twist. Bendis managed to knock off another character from the Ultimate Line Bendis is awesome!
Old 08-29-04, 11:48 PM

It's good that I cancelled ASM after 3+ years then a few months ago.

DAMN!

I really didn't find the ASM that good. I kept it subscribing but I didn't realize that it really was that bad until I read a few years worth of Jenkins' Spectacular. I thought it was very good- I wish I had subscribed to it instead.
Old 09-06-04, 01:59 PM

Re: Re: For those of you who read Amazing Spider-Man.

Originally posted by Graftenberg
Sorry but I don't think that your theory holds water. The kids look way too much like Peter and Gwen, (clones?) and nothing like Harry. The reason Harry was in the flashbacks is becasue he was in that issue when Gwen died. #121 of Amazing. And it was the stressed of Harry drug use that caused Norman to revert back to the Goblin and kill Gwen.

I have a problem with how old these two kids are, at the youngest they look to be in their teen's or 20's which would make Peter around 35-40. But we around only two issues into the story so we'll see how it turns out.
Uhh...okay. NOW what do you think of my theory? After 3 came out, and seeing the aforementioned cover for 512, I am POSITIVE I'm right.

We'll see, I guess.

I think JMS has made the best run in recent years. Jenkins? Ugh. I can't even read most of his stuff.
Old 09-07-04, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

After reading the third part I am really confused.
You could very well be right DarkestPhoenix as to who the father is. But there aren't a lot of people that it could be unless the spring someone that we have never seen before.
Could it be Flash or even Norman??
Old 09-09-04, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ASM 510

Peter: I should talk to Norman...

Gwen:No...Peter,Don't.

Peter: But..

Gwen: Please.It won't do any good.And I just.. I can't face him right now.

Interesting, no?

I'm thinking rape, but, then again, I always have the darkest thoughts.
Old 09-10-04, 10:06 PM

I'm not sure if it ties in in any way with the storyline, since it seems JMS isn't going that way (so far), but while re-reading ASM 500, I noticed the following: (not spoilerized) When Spidey reaches the point in the timelime where te Goblin is about to knock Gwen off the bridge, he screams her name, and we see Gwen awaken, and even scream "HELP!" when she begins falling. In the original, Gwen never recovers consciousness. Later in ASM 500, Baron Mordo mentions to Dr Strange about the perils of changing the timelines, so it makes me wonder if the change wasn't deliberate on the part of JMS for later use. Again, I'm not sure how this would work with the ages of the children and all, but there it is.
Old 10-07-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just read Amazing Spider-Man # 512

Spoiler:
Norman is the father! I really don't buy the reason why Gwen had sex with him, I mean she was attracted to something inside of him? I would have bought a rape story better then that. 'It just happened' sorry but that's crap, that never just happens, at least not to me. And why would MJ not tell Peter? Wouldn't he fell better knowing that Norman wasn't just attacking Gwen to get back at Peter and that there were two kids out there that were Gwen's? Didn't MJ ever wonder what happened to them?

Old 10-21-04, 11:16 PM

Did you guys read Spectacular SM 20???? Spectacular is terrible!!!!! That's my last issue.
Old 10-22-04, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
Did you guys read Spectacular SM 20???? Spectacular is terrible!!!!! That's my last issue.
I read it. Basically they've done this to (MAJOR SPOILAGE AHEAD):

Spoiler:
boost Spider-Man's abilities for his entrance into the New Avengers team as well as making his webs now come out of his wrist ala the movies.