Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Comic Book Talk
Reload this Page >

The NEW Batgirl...Comic/Novelization Question. (possible Spoilers??)

Community
Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

The NEW Batgirl...Comic/Novelization Question. (possible Spoilers??)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-01, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,975 Likes on 1,207 Posts
I don't think this will spoil since I think the comic has dealt with this. So I didn't give it a spoiler tag.

So let me get this straight...

The first appearences of the NEW Batgirl was The Huntress?

Now, Batgirl is the assasin Caine's mute daughter?

I think I read that in the Novelization of the NO MAN'S LAND series.

Also,

Originally wasn't The Huntress from another PRE-CRISIS DC world? Wasn't she infact Batman and Catwoman's daughter?????
Old 05-14-01, 08:09 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The new Batgirl, Caine's mute daughter, was formally an assassin.
They show this in the first couple issues of the Batgirl comic.
I am just starting the No Man's Land novel, which covers the shattering earthquake that changed Gotham.

I am not sure about the Huntress part. Hopefully someone else can answer that. She is either the daughter of Bruce and catwoman's daughter, or in reading the graphic novel of the first part of No Man's land, I got the feeling Huntress might have been Nightwing's gf.
She makes a number of references to not wanting to be "part of the family"

Old 05-14-01, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I haven't read the comic for some time.

And I'm almost done with the novel.
Old 05-16-01, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 485 Likes on 330 Posts
I'm not sure whose love-child Huntress was in pre-Crisis. But these days, The Huntress is Helena Bertinelli, a school teacher in Gotham, but also a relative of the Bertinelli mafia family from Italy. Feeling remorseful for her family's evil ways, she became a vigilante and stalks the streets as The Huntress. No familial relation to Batman.

Batman disapproved of her sometimes brutal tactics. Before No Man's Land, she began to try hard to win Batman's approval and become somewhat romantically involved with Nightwing at one point. When No Man's Land began and Batman was missing, she assumed the identity of Batgirl (without anyone's permission). Upon his return and running into the new Batgirl for the first time, Batman immediately knew it was The Huntress, but did not let her know that he knew. He let her continue and gave her a chance to prove herself. Unfortunately, on one assignment she failed and people died. Batman stripped her of the Batgirl mantle and bestowed it upon Cassandra, the daughter of Cain, whom he had met around the same time.
Old 05-16-01, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Todd B.
I'm not sure whose love-child Huntress was in pre-Crisis. But these days, The Huntress is Helena Bertinelli, a school teacher in Gotham, but also a relative of the Bertinelli mafia family from Italy. Feeling remorseful for her family's evil ways, she became a vigilante and stalks the streets as The Huntress. No familial relation to Batman.

Batman disapproved of her sometimes brutal tactics. Before No Man's Land, she began to try hard to win Batman's approval and become somewhat romantically involved with Nightwing at one point. When No Man's Land began and Batman was missing, she assumed the identity of Batgirl (without anyone's permission). Upon his return and running into the new Batgirl for the first time, Batman immediately knew it was The Huntress, but did not let her know that he knew. He let her continue and gave her a chance to prove herself. Unfortunately, on one assignment she failed and people died. Batman stripped her of the Batgirl mantle and bestowed it upon Cassandra, the daughter of Cain, whom he had met around the same time.

Here's some evidence of her ORIGINAL origin:

http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/egypt/235/
Old 05-22-01, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Huntress was the daughter of the Earth-2 version of Batman and Catwoman, when there were multiple-earths in the DC universe before Crisis on Infinite Earths took place.