Reload this Page >

New Dan Brown novel coming 9/15

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

New Dan Brown novel coming 9/15

Old 11-18-09, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: New Dan Brown novel coming 9/15

Just finished this .... it's like an enjoyable amusement park ride, so I wasn't surprised when I got off and found I was right where I started out.
Old 11-19-09, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enjoyed his other 4 novels a lot more than this one. just didn't have the excitement of the others. And most of the characters were annoying while the puzzles weren't special. Disappointment. Ending was pretty good compared to the rest. Curious to see how Ron Howard does a movie...
Old 11-19-09, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've yet to read Digital Fortress, but I thought that Deception Point was by far his weakest work. This was no doubt the worst Langdon novel, but I still thought that it was much better than Deception Point.
Old 01-01-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xfilekr
Enjoyed his other 4 novels a lot more than this one. just didn't have the excitement of the others. And most of the characters were annoying while the puzzles weren't special. Disappointment. Ending was pretty good compared to the rest. Curious to see how Ron Howard does a movie...
I bought this book day one and it took me till now to finally finish it. I loved his previous two books, but this one was slow, boring and very predictable. I knew as soon as it came up in the book that
Spoiler:
the son was the bad guy, they would end up at the Washington Monument and I even had a bad feeling the bible would end up being the buried secret based on the previous books
and I was really saddened when a book that took 6 years to come out was that utterly predictable. It has a few good moments in the middle when the chase was on, but overall this was one of the most disappointing books I have ever read. Mainly because of the six years of anticipation. I was also saddened that the author puts so much faith in a well known bogus practice like Noetic science.
Old 04-29-10, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by darkside
I bought this book day one and it took me till now to finally finish it. I loved his previous two books, but this one was slow, boring and very predictable. I knew as soon as it came up in the book that
Spoiler:
the son was the bad guy, they would end up at the Washington Monument and I even had a bad feeling the bible would end up being the buried secret based on the previous books
and I was really saddened when a book that took 6 years to come out was that utterly predictable. It has a few good moments in the middle when the chase was on, but overall this was one of the most disappointing books I have ever read. Mainly because of the six years of anticipation. I was also saddened that the author puts so much faith in a well known bogus practice like Noetic science.
I'm currently on page 200 or so. I also figured out those things in your spoiler as well . I've read all of Dan Brown's books and this one is still fun... but after reading thru the entire Dark Tower series, it's lacking to say the least.