Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Green River Killer Books

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green River Killer Books

Which book about the Green River Killer should I get? I already know I don't want the one called "The Riverman". There is one called "The Search for the Green River Killer" that seems to have a few good reviews, but Ann Rule just released one called "Green River, Running Red: The Real Story of the Green River Killer". I believe there's also one written buy a cop working the case.

Any help would be appreciative. I dont' like buying multiple books on the same case.
Old 12-20-04, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
I believe "The Search for the Green River Killer" was written in the early '90s before Gary Ridgway was arrested.

Other options are:

Ann Rule's book -- probably the best source available.

"Chasing the Devil," which was ghost written for King County Sheriff Dave Reichert (who's soon to become a Congressman).

Gary Ridgway: The Green River Killer, which was written by the staff of the newspaper that I work at, the King County Journal. It's a quick read and has some good photos you won't find anywhere else.
Old 12-20-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by funkyryno
I believe "The Search for the Green River Killer" was written in the early '90s before Gary Ridgway was arrested.
It has been updated though in later/current printings. I picked up a copy second hand just recently (haven't read it yet though).
Old 12-20-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out "The Search for the Green River Killer" since it's been updated.