Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Harry Potter book 6 & beyond [merged news and chat]

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-03, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry Potter book 6......when?

Does nayone know when J.K. Rowling has plans to release Book 6 in the series. I finished Book 5 about 3 weeks after it was released, and I have been craving for Book 6 ever since. I have heard that the title will be called "Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch", but I don't know if that is true or not.
Old 07-30-03, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chances of the title being named that is about the same as the chances of you actually having a wife/girlfriend. take it for what you will make of it. it's still being written and under heavy lock and key. sit back, the last wait was pretty damn long. expect as much of a wait again.
Old 07-30-03, 11:38 PM

Not soon enough.

But yeah, she's workinging on it right now, and will most likely be another loooooooooong book. Expect AT LEAST a year and a half, probably longer.
Old 07-31-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't expect it until probably summer of '05. J.K. Rowling is very busy now with her new baby(which I can completely relate to)and I expect a long wait, but not as long as it was between books 4 and 5.
Old 08-01-03, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 396 Likes on 283 Posts
wasn't legal action for somthing or other the main reason book 5 was delayed so long?
Old 08-01-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There were a few plaigarism(sic?)lawsuits that J.K. Rowling went through that took away from her writing time, yes. I believe one was filed against her(which was thrown out of court)and another was filed by her(which I believe she also won).
Old 08-04-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Chances of the title being named that is about the same as the chances of you actually having a wife/girlfriend.
Owch, that seems a little harsh -- am I missing something here?
Old 08-04-03, 08:09 PM

I think 2005 would be a good guess year. The anticipation builds but I seriously doubt we'll have to wait as long as we did for 4 and 5. Imagine the wait for 7, the final book.

doc
Old 08-05-03, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/kroq...otter_book.asx
Old 08-06-03, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

June 2011
Old 09-03-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Rumored Harry Potter 6 and 7 titles

http://www.imdb.com/PeopleNews/#10

According to rumors based on trademark registration, the names Harry Potter books six and seven will be

(Put in spoilers in case you feel the titles might give something away. Personally, I don't think so)

Spoiler:
Harry Potter And The Mudblood Revolt
and
Spoiler:
Harry Potter And The Quest Of The Centaur

I'd guess that the first one would be for book seven and the second for book six, but I could be wrong. Neither sounds much like the climactic ending to a long series though.

The first one sounds like it might be
Spoiler:
the return of Dumbledore's Army (even though they presumably weren't all mudbloods).

It seems kind of odd that
Spoiler:
"mudblood" is in the title, since it is considered a bad word in the wizard world.
Old 09-03-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trademark registrations don't mean Jack. It could be for a whole slew of other stuff. Boardgames for example. Those aren't going to be the titles of the last 2 books.
Old 09-05-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,429 Likes on 1,043 Posts
/\ Yeah, I was going to say those sound more like videogame titles to me.

Here's hoping she doesn't hold back with six and seven. As long as five was, I got the feeling she was kinda rushed and cut stuff for time. I'd rather wait a smidge longer and get War and Peace sized books if need be.
Old 06-28-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The latest rumor is that the name of book 6 is
Spoiler:
"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince".

This phrase can be found on the official JK Rowling web page. Whether it is actually the name of book six or not is another question. Rumor has it that this was also the original name of Chamber of Secrets. Seems like this rumor could be true (unlike the rumor that the title was "Harry Potter and the Pillar of Storgé" )

It is supposed to be game that you have to win in order to find it. For those that don't want to take the time (it isn't that fun):

Spoiler:

1. Click on the ring (rubber band? scrunchie? something obvious that I can't think of?) just above the center.
2. Open the door
3. Click the 5 clickable bricks in the right order.
4. The order (numbering from top to bottom) is 3, 4, 2, 5, 1
5. Turn on the fan

Last edited by Jeremy517; 06-28-04 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The title in the above post
Spoiler:
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
has been confirmed by Rowling

Spoiler:
http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/29/news/newsmakers/harrypotter/index.htm?cnn=yes
Old 06-29-04, 11:24 AM

The way I see it, every year from now on will have either a new Harry Potter book or a new Harry Potter movie. Therefore:

1997: Book #1
1998: Book #2
1999: Book #3
2000: Book #4
2001: Movie #1
2002: Movie #2
2003: Book #5
2004: Movie #3
2005: Movie #4
2006: Book #6
2007: Movie #5
2008: Movie #6
2009: Book #7
2010: Movie #7

This schedule also alows for the same amount of time between 5&6 and 6&7 as there was between 4&5.
Old 06-29-04, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think that's necessarily the case. I can see the book coming out summer 05 and the movie in fall 05.
Old 06-29-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by WildcatLH

Spoiler:
http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/29/news/newsmakers/harrypotter/index.htm?cnn=yes
Also mentioned in the article is that
Spoiler:
Neither Harry nor Voldemort are the Half-blood Prince.

Who are the other possibilities? Most of the male characters are full-blood. Ron, Neville, Draco, etc...
Old 06-29-04, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jeremy517
Also mentioned in the article is that
Spoiler:
Neither Harry nor Voldemort are the Half-blood Prince.

Who are the other possibilities? Most of the male characters are full-blood. Ron, Neville, Draco, etc...
Spoiler:
the only one I can think of off hand is Seamus, but that doesn't really seem terribly likely. It is interesting that she would say that it isn't Voldy, since it was supposed to be the chamber title I would have assumed it would be him... unless you go with Dobby's clue to Harry about saying that the problem in chamber didn't have to do with Voldy, but that seems pretty cheesy.

I really hope she'll manage to get the book out by next year.
Old 06-29-04, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by Nefarious
I don't think that's necessarily the case. I can see the book coming out summer 05 and the movie in fall 05.
Well movie#4 is already scheduled for November 18, 2005. Which also pretty much means theres no way movie #5 will come out until 2007.

The big question is when book #6 will come out. I suppose its possible it will come out summer 2005, but I'd honestly bet money we won't see it until 2006.
Old 06-29-04, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by Jeremy517
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'd guess its either a new character that will be introduced in book6, or if its an existing character, somebody that to date has been a minor character.
Old 06-29-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Spoiler:
Maybe the half blooded prince is Mark Evans, the mysterious kid that Harry accused Dudley of beating up in Book 5.

Evans is the maiden name of Harry's mom so there has been some speculation that Mark Evans might be some far removed relative of Harry's. Book 5 noted that Mark Evans was 10 years old which means that upon turning 11, he would be starting his first year at Hogwarts in Book 6. Possibility?

Last edited by sherm42; 06-29-04 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

you might want to put anything related to the title in spoiler tags, just in case some people may not want to know the name of book

Spoiler:
it's possible that Mark is a wizard although it would go against the ministry saying that there aren't any registered wizards near Harry (but they may not access to the Hogwart's book that lists all magical children) and the fact that it's been said that Petunia is Harry's only living family.
The name Evans seems like it should be important, but it's tough to see how he could be related to Harry given the current facts. He could be a distant cousin and have muggle parents, but one of his parents would have to be dead or not live with him for him to be half-blood according to the ministry's records...although technically it seems that having any muggle in your family tree is enough to be considered a half-blood (like Harry)
Old 06-29-04, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by hotaru_san
you might want to put anything related to the title in spoiler tags, just in case some people may not want to know the name of book

Spoiler:
it's possible that Mark is a wizard although it would go against the ministry saying that there aren't any registered wizards near Harry (but they may not access to the Hogwart's book that lists all magical children) and the fact that it's been said that Petunia is Harry's only living family.
The name Evans seems like it should be important, but it's tough to see how he could be related to Harry given the current facts. He could be a distant cousin and have muggle parents, but one of his parents would have to be dead or not live with him for him to be half-blood according to the ministry's records...although technically it seems that having any muggle in your family tree is enough to be considered a half-blood (like Harry)
Spoiler:
Those things seem easier to answer than upon first glance. If Lily's father had a brother that had kids, they would inherit the Evans name. The ministry might not consider children to be wizards until age 11. Especially those from muggle families. As for no one mentioning Mark Evans as being magical before, this could be to protect him or any other muggle relatives that Lily had. Also, it is possible that Dumbledore was lying to Harry when he said that Petunia was his only relative. It seems that for Dumbldore's magic based on Lily's blood to work, you would want the closest relative you could find. A sister would be much closer than a far removed cousin. Dumbldore certainly has a knack for keeping things from Harry. If Harry knew he had a far removed cousin, then he would likely want to live with them if at all possible. Also, maybe that side of the family is not liked by Petunia so she cut them off like she did with her sister. She would never mention them to Harry just like she never spoke of his parents. Finally, it depends on what you define as a half blood. Lily was the only one in her family to be magical. Mark could be the same way.

Last edited by sherm42; 06-29-04 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Spoiler:
If Mark is the only person in his family who is magical then he's not half-blood. Hagrid referred to Harry as a wizard when they first met and there is a list of all magical children at Hogwarts (from when they are born). Of course it is possible that the ministry sees things differently.

I do lean more towards the idea of Mark being of some significance, but I have a hard time seeing him as being the half-blood prince, although I have no idea of who it could be anyway.

Although if that Evans family were related there would need to be some explaination of why Petunia didn't associate with her non-magical relatives.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.