Reload this Page >

The Left Behind Series [merged discussion thread]

Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

The Left Behind Series [merged discussion thread]

Old 07-12-01, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
??-->Book 9 of The Left Behind Series

Anyone know when the ninth book of the Left Behind series is due?
Old 07-12-01, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here's a release schedule for the rest of the books:

Book #9: Desecration - Available October 30, 2001
Book #10: Armageddon - Available June 4, 2002
Book #11: Left Standing - Available June 3, 2003
Book #12: Glorious Appearing - Available June 1, 2004
Old 07-12-01, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Wormwood

You mean there's an end to this? Maybe there is a god.
Old 07-13-01, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by movielib

You mean there's an end to this? Maybe there is a god.

As long as they don't make a movie about all of them! Maybe they can get Corey Feldman and Tracey Gold for the next one.....
Old 07-13-01, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot, Wormwood. I didn't think I'd have to wait so long when I read the first 8 books in 2 months. Can't wait 'til October.
Old 07-13-01, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

movielib and JaxComet, you two need to get a life if you have nothing better to do than come into a thread about a book series that you have something against. And Samuel, you're welcome.
Old 07-13-01, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

movielib and JaxComet, you two need to get a life if you have nothing better to do than come into a thread about a book series that you have something against...
Thanks. I'll take it under advisement.

Last edited by movielib; 07-14-01 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-13-01, 10:29 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by JaxComet

As long as they don't make a movie about all of them! Maybe they can get Corey Feldman and Tracey Gold for the next one.....
Yah know, now that you mention it-- whadda you think, the Dynamic Duo of the 80's, Corey Haim and Corey Feldman, reunited to play Gog and Magog?
Old 07-13-01, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I the only one who put the first book down, about halfway into it, thinking these people are complete idiots?
Old 07-14-01, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by innocentfreak
Am I the only one who put the first book down, about halfway into it, thinking these people are complete idiots?
when i first started to read the series, i did the same thing, not thinking that they were idiots but that the book was really slow. however, about 8 months later i tried again and ended up reading the first 6 books in about 2 months. maybe i just had more time to enjoy them, i don't know. it was slow at the outset but it picked up the pace as it progressed.

i also find it interesting how they are starting to space out the books more. the first 6 books, if i recall, came out about every 6 months or so, but now with these, they are starting to come out about once a year. maybe they are building the anticipation towards the end of the series???

Last edited by kevin75; 07-14-01 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-15-01, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well it was just that some of the way some of the characters think is just way to stupid for me. I think the line was said by the pilot to his daughter when he was quetioned about the new political figure whether it might be the man that was talked about on the tape, his response was no someone who is trying to decieve people would be more obvious. Maybe I read it wrong, but if not I deal with stupid people all the time through work and reading about them is not how I want to spend my free time. I was into the book but shortly before there had started to lose interest.
Old 07-28-01, 10:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just finished The Indwelling and The Mark and while they are not the best books I've ever read they are fun/quick reads. You can usually finish one in a day w/o any problem. I have to admit though the 2nd book almost made me stop reading the series since it was pretty much a rehash of the 1st (in fact I didn't even bother adding it to the "collection"). I also agree w/ some of the things being said here, these people are not written to be the brightess in the world Personally though I'm looking forward to the rest of them.
Old 07-29-01, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by JaxComet

I didn't like the movie, it could have been decent but it sucked. I think the problem is that it was at least a 4-6 hour story shrunk down to 90 minutes. USa (The cable station) is working on a television series. I think it will work much better in that format but I do get your joke.
Old 07-29-01, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Samuel
I didn't like the movie, it could have been decent but it sucked. I think the problem is that it was at least a 4-6 hour story shrunk down to 90 minutes. USa (The cable station) is working on a television series. I think it will work much better in that format but I do get your joke.
I thought PAX TV was the one doing the series.
Old 07-30-01, 10:47 PM

movielib and JaxComet, you two need to get a life if you have nothing better to do than come into a thread about a book series that you have something against. And Samuel, you're welcome.
Are you against freedom of speech? Just because the thread is about Left Behind doesn't mean you have to like the series to say something about it. And to suggest so is very... Carpathian.
Old 07-31-01, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Linoge
Just because the thread is about Left Behind doesn't mean you have to like the series to say something about it.
No kidding. Stating an opinion about the books is okay with me, even if you don't like them. But cracking jokes and bashing others opinions about them here is inappropriate and immature.
Old 07-31-01, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Linoge

Are you against freedom of speech? Just because the thread is about Left Behind doesn't mean you have to like the series to say something about it. And to suggest so is very... Carpathian.

Agreed. The sad people are the one's who take these books so seriously. It's only a story!!!!! The author does not have some sort of inside information!!
Old 07-31-01, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No kidding. Stating an opinion about the books is okay with me, even if you don't like them. But cracking jokes and bashing others opinions about them here is inappropriate and immature.
Yes, I've always thought it's the height of maturity to be hypersensitive to harmless little jokes.
Old 07-31-01, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by movielib

Yes, I've always thought it's the height of maturity to be hypersensitive to harmless little jokes.
I won't even bother with you anymore, you are wasting my time.
Old 07-31-01, 06:52 PM
Cool New Member

One of the authors has sued the film company that made the movie. Something about how the movie didn't have as big a budget or marketing effort as agreed upon. I tried the series but thought it was ridiculous. Even with my bias....

If you're going to make any prolonged series like this into the visual medium, a TV series or special is the way to go. Even if the movie had bigger stars, more $$, etc. there would never be enough of an audience for this to keep making sequels. The authors didn't know what they were doing to begin with because they planned on releasing tons of books in the series but signed the titles individually for movie deals. The ONLY way that series would have made sequels is if someone combined 3-5 books at a time for a film. I wish writers would butt out of the film making process.

Almost as bad as Anne Rice when she payed for large advertisements shunning the choice of Tom Cruise in her vampire novels. If the writers don't like it, fund the flick (ie Stephen King), otherwise they need to shut their yap.
Old 10-30-01, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Left Behind #9

well, the next book in the series comes out today. i am really excited about this seeing as how we have had to wait longer then normal for this one as compared to the previous ones. hopefully it will be good.
Old 10-30-01, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Me too. I don't necessarily subscribe to Tim Lahaye's belief in prophesy step by step, but it is a very good series. #7 was pretty weak. I have read most of "the kids" series as well. Not bad.
Old 10-31-01, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought mine but I don't know when I'll have time to read it
I'm not even a Christian, I just like the story.
Old 11-01-01, 02:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by kvrdave
Me too. I don't necessarily subscribe to Tim Lahaye's belief in prophesy step by step, but it is a very good series. #7 was pretty weak. I have read most of "the kids" series as well. Not bad.
Personally I thought #2 was the weakest so far. I almost stopped reading it after that one since it was pretty much a rehash of everything that happened in the first one. I stuck w/ it though and am enjoying it again. Of course I still have to wait another year or so since I always buy them in paperback on the bargain shelf
Old 11-02-01, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I bought #1 at Sam's for 7.99. They all are marked at that price.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.