Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Book Talk
Reload this Page >

Lord of the Rings hardcover available anywhere?

Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

Lord of the Rings hardcover available anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-01, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose I could scour the book-sites, but I figured, Hey.. why do that when I can just ask here??

Anyway, I consider myself somewhat of a collector of hardcover books (not necessarily first-editions, just nice big hardcovers).
Is the Lord of the Rings series available anywhere in hardcover? I haven't read any of them, but would definitely do so if I could get a hardcover edition, within a reasonable price-range.
Thanks!
Old 05-03-01, 01:44 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It gets rereleased in a variety of formats every few years.

If you have a favorite bookstore, you might try checking there.

Otherwise, you might try http://www.mysimon.com . I think they have an option to search for hardcover only.

Also, at the top of the page, there's a list of DVD sites, and the last one says MORE!. Click that link and you can see several bookstore links, including some discount book links.

Finally, in my opinion, I think you might be most satisfied looking through some ebay auctions for what you want. LoTRs is a pretty widely available series, so the listings for the hardcovers should be fairly inexpensive.

I bought my set from Waldenbooks, but that was a few years ago.

Good luck.

-David
Old 05-03-01, 01:48 PM

Yes, they are available in hardcover, and in a collected hardcover edition. Almost any bookstore should have them in stock (or at least be able to order them).
Old 05-03-01, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I highly recommend this set from The Folio Society. It has beautiful decorative line illustrations by Eric Fraser and vegetable parchment boards with gilt stamping and all three volumes are housed in a very sturdy slipcase. You can get them by joining the Society but they often turn up on EBay and sometimes can be had for about $100 - well worth the investment and they‘re the only appropriate treatment of these fantastic stories that I’ve seen.
Old 05-03-01, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The leather bound editions from Easton Press look nice as well. Spendy though.