Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-22, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Tempted to blind-buy Thriller (isn't that who Daryl Hannah's character in the Kill Bill movies is based off of? At least the look of her, not the being mute part). I loved Cloak & Dagger growing up as a kid. They used to air it on KCOP Channel 13 here in the 1980's. Fuck, those prices are nuts, though.
Old 03-25-22, 08:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never purchased a title during a Halfway to black Friday sale. Will Thriller: A Cruel Picture be cheaper during the actual Halfway sale Memorial Day weekend, or cheaper as a pre-order now? It's the only new release I'm interested in.
Old 03-25-22, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

If the packaging isn’t a huge selling point and you don’t mind waiting a bit, there should be a standard release down the road (available at other retailers like Amazon and target.com), and some version should be 50% off in November.

It’ll be more expensive in May. This Flash sale is the least it’ll be for the next few months.
Old 03-25-22, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 825 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
I've never purchased a title during a Halfway to black Friday sale. Will Thriller: A Cruel Picture be cheaper during the actual Halfway sale Memorial Day weekend, or cheaper as a pre-order now? It's the only new release I'm interested in.
Thriller won’t be on sale at Halfway to BF. I think it’s six months after release until it’s added to their sales.
There’s a lot I’d get this month, but these prices are getting bonkers. I might just start picking up releases that are dwindling in quantity on their sale weekends. Unless it’s a title I’ve been dying to see.
The following users liked this post:
Brian T (03-25-22)
Old 03-25-22, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Toddarino
There’s a lot I’d get this month, but these prices are getting bonkers.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 03-25-22, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 947 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
Slightly cheaper this weekend, like three bucks or something. As someone already mentioned, it will only be reasonably priced starting at the Black Friday sale if you can wait that long. I sure can.

BUT, it will bump you up higher on the shipping priority list. You'll be right after subscribers, but above us riff-raff who just purchase older catalog titles at true 50% off.
Old 03-25-22, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Took the plunge and bought Miami Connection and Thriller. Almost got the bundle but couldn't justify the additional $110 for four titles I'm iffy on, two of which are mystery titles.
Old 03-25-22, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Took the plunge and bought Miami Connection and Thriller. Almost got the bundle but couldn't justify the additional $110 for four titles I'm iffy on, two of which are mystery titles.
We are cursed with the same brain. I also wrestled with the idea of getting the entire bundle, but I wound up just ordering Miami Connection and Thriller. Everything else I'm fine waiting for the full reveals, and I'll buy whatever else from this batch I'm interested in (which may wind up being nothing) in November when they're half-off (even if I miss out on the fancier slipcovers, which I don't really care about anyway). I have a feeling the mystery titles are movies I might've been excited about getting a couple of years ago but wouldn't find worth squeezing onto my overstuffed shelves these days.

And I mostly remember Cloak and Dagger more as "that movie that was always, always, always on cable" rather than "that movie I really liked growing up", so I'm okay waiting for a sale or skipping it altogether.
TheMovieman (03-25-22)
Old 03-25-22, 02:30 PM

I’d be really pumped if one of those mystery titles was Blood Beach.
Adam Tyner (03-25-22)
Old 03-25-22, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
And I mostly remember Cloak and Dagger more as "that movie that was always, always, always on cable" rather than "that movie I really liked growing up", so I'm okay waiting for a sale or skipping it altogether.
Are you sure you don't mean Beastmaster?
Old 03-25-22, 05:06 PM

Damn those wonderful bastards. Thanks to the email that was just sent out from VS stating that Thriller is half sold out am getting the urge to make the purchase. A regular edition is down the line, but it won’t include the They Call Her One Eye cut. Since that is the only version I’m familiar with, it makes this very enticing.

Old 03-26-22, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Damn those wonderful bastards. Thanks to the email that was just sent out from VS stating that Thriller is half sold out am getting the urge to make the purchase. A regular edition is down the line, but it won’t include the They Call Her One Eye cut. Since that is the only version I’m familiar with, it makes this very enticing.
Same, I was going to hold off until BF but the FOMO got me. (That and the Flesh For Frankenstein coupon they sent out expiring in a few days).
Old 03-26-22, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Paff
Are you sure you don't mean Beastmaster?
I’m definitely familiar with the old HBO joke and have some memories of watching Beastmaster as a kid, but I more vividly remember Cloak and Dagger being on one of the cable channels every time I’d turn it on.
Old 03-26-22, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Cloak and Dagger was always on television along with WarGames. They seemingly would switch between those two for years.
Old 03-26-22, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

This sale got me to drop 165 on 4 titles. They really know how to squeeze every drop of milk out with the special packaging, low stock and other stuff.
Old 03-26-22, 02:21 PM

I just sold two boxes of movies for $200 and $100 credit at a cool video store in Milwaukee. Guess I might as well piss it away.
Old 03-26-22, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Tempted to blind-buy Thriller (isn't that who Daryl Hannah's character in the Kill Bill movies is based off of? At least the look of her, not the being mute part).
Kind of the look of the character more than anything. I bought the Synapse (?) special edition DVD of the film years ago, it was ok but not amazing. I ended up selling it for a decent profit once it went out of print, I didn't see it as a film I would be revisiting much .
Old 11-21-22, 04:19 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: Vinegar Syndrome -- Black Friday Sale

Standby while we prepare for Black Friday 2022!

Black Friday is coming November 25-28th!
It will start at 12:01am EST on the 25th

• Pretty much everything 50% off
• INVISIBLE MANIAC, BURNING PARADISE, ROAD HOUSE & HOME GROWN HORRORS VOL #2 will be in stock
• 2 surprise Limited Edition VS releases
• 2 new VSA releases + 4 new catalog slips
• Exclusive New York Ninja comic book
• New merch, clothing & so much more!

– only here at –
www.VinegarSyndrome.com

Black Friday Pro Tips
If you place more than one order during the sale, select the ‘Add to my existing sale order’ free shipping option and everything will ship in one large package.

For more info on the sale, click the link below to go to our BF info site:
www.vsblackfriday.com
DiggityDawg (11-21-22)
Old 11-21-22, 09:02 PM

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Being a subscriber now this order will be smaller than usual for BF. Catalog slips, alternate slips and a few titles for me
Old 11-23-22, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

If you are interested in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 4k but not interested in the high price for the hard cover, DeepDiscount has it up for pre-order with a release next week at a nice price.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/the-tex...m_source=zaius
Old 11-24-22, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

So I’ve never ordered from VS before and I pre-ordered Road House for 44.99 in October because I didn’t want to miss out. Seeing as they aren’t shipping it yet, was that stupid to do? I don’t remember the list price but I’m assuming it wasn’t $90 and since they’re including it in their 1/2 off BF sale, seems like I’m leaving money on the table.

Hopefully ordering earlier will at least mean mine will ship before they fulfill all the BF orders.
Old 11-24-22, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
So I’ve never ordered from VS before and I pre-ordered Road House for 44.99 in October because I didn’t want to miss out. Seeing as they aren’t shipping it yet, was that stupid to do? I don’t remember the list price but I’m assuming it wasn’t $90 and since they’re including it in their 1/2 off BF sale, seems like I’m leaving money on the table.

Hopefully ordering earlier will at least mean mine will ship before they fulfill all the BF orders.
I’m pretty sure it’s too new and won’t be included in the 50% off part of the sale. Also the wait is normal for the boutique companies, more so Severin but yeah VS too.
Old 11-24-22, 02:52 PM

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

it won’t be 50% off unless your a subscriber where it’s already 50% off
Old 11-24-22, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, you did the right thing if it's a movie you really want. And you're right about the shipping too.

Keep in mind (and I love/hate this about VS sales), you can add to the order all weekend and it will all ship together at no extra cost. Since you've never ordered from VS before, this is a great way to back fill your collection with older catalog titles that WILL be 50% off.
Old 11-24-22, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks for the info guys appreciate it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.