Last edit by: Trevor
Print Wikipost

Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Old 01-07-23, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 468 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Thor Love and Thunder 4K is $5.74 at Amazon. Make sure you click on the coupon to get the extra discount. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If you ordered the cheap Disney/Marvel 4K's in November, they are finally shipping now. My order is being delivered today.
Old 01-14-23, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2,294 Likes on 1,689 Posts

Does anyone know, are you able to add an Amazon GC to an existing pre-order? The reason I ask is I have the Missing in Action trilogy on pre-order for $39.99 plus tax. It ships next week. I just got an Amazon GC for $25 from a friend and added it to my account. But, I can't find how you can add it to the order. I remember doing it in the past, but I can't seem to find it. I don't want to cancel and re-order, because I have a locked in discount and the item went up $3.

Anyone who knows, your info would be helpful. Unless Amazon killed it?
Old 01-14-23, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 824 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Does anyone know, are you able to add an Amazon GC to an existing pre-order? The reason I ask is I have the Missing in Action trilogy on pre-order for $39.99 plus tax. It ships next week. I just got an Amazon GC for $25 from a friend and added it to my account. But, I can't find how you can add it to the order. I remember doing it in the past, but I can't seem to find it. I don't want to cancel and re-order, because I have a locked in discount and the item went up $3.

I believe you can only do it on orders made with a debit card. If you defaulted paid for a pre-order with a CC, change the payment over to debit card and it may let you use the GC for payment.
Old 01-15-23, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 103 Likes on 76 Posts

I just had the same thing, except it was a regular order that didn't ship yet. I also remembered doing it before, but I couldn't find a way to do it so I ended up cancelling the order and re-ordering. When cancelling, I chose 'Need to change payment method' as the reason and was kind of hoping it was going to give me the option of changing the payment method but it was just cancelled.
Old 01-15-23, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 322 Likes on 259 Posts

You can only change the payment method up to the time the payment is submitted to your bank or CC company to be processed. With Amazon, that's typically the time when it enters the shipping phase of the order process (which doesn't necessarily mean it's shipping soon - just that it's entered the shipping process). Since you can't change the payment method means it's entered that phase. The only way at this point is if the payment method is declined, at which point you'll be notified and can then change it, or cancel the order and re-order.
Old 01-15-23, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
You can only change the payment method up to the time the payment is submitted to your bank or CC company to be processed.
It's not just that. I have a pre-order that doesn't ship until April, and the payment has definitely not been submitted to the bank. When I Edit the order and try to change the payment method, I can switch it to any of the other credit cards in my account, but there is no option to change it to my Gift Card balance.
Old 01-15-23, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
It's not just that. I have a pre-order that doesn't ship until April, and the payment has definitely not been submitted to the bank. When I Edit the order and try to change the payment method, I can switch it to any of the other credit cards in my account, but there is no option to change it to my Gift Card balance.
That's just odd... I can on my 4 pre-orders... 1 for Jan 31, 2 for Feb 14, and 1 for Feb 28. When I go to "View order details" the option is there - next to the one to change the Payment Method:
Here's a shot of one of the Feb 14th release date titles:

Old 01-16-23, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That is weird. I have a gift card balance, and that whole "Apply gift card balance" section is just not there. On both the April pre-order I mentioned earlier, and a new order I just placed a few minutes ago which hasn't entered processing or shipping yet.
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (01-16-23)
Old 01-16-23, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts

Amazon has been one tech bug after another the last few months.
Old 01-16-23, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,386 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
That is weird. I have a gift card balance, and that whole "Apply gift card balance" section is just not there.
Try on desktop. I don't see the option in the mobile app or the website on mobile, but when I click on "View order details" on my desktop PC, I do see the "Apply gift card balance" option at the top of the page (between "payment method" and "order summary").
Old 01-16-23, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am on desktop. It looks just like BobO'Link's screenshot and as you describe, except the "Apply gift card balance" section is not there.

Old 01-16-23, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,386 Likes on 910 Posts

Yup, just a big empty gap where it shows up for me. I'm not sure what to say!
Old 01-17-23, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Try on desktop. I don't see the option in the mobile app or the website on mobile, but when I click on "View order details" on my desktop PC, I do see the "Apply gift card balance" option at the top of the page (between "payment method" and "order summary").
I thought about that but don't do "mobile apps" of any type so have no way to check.

I was going to suggest clearing all Amazon cookies - I have to do that periodically to get rid of the cookies used when they make my account part of a test for "new features" (all of which are plain bad/not useful) - but that's a royal pain to do properly.
Old 01-19-23, 11:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

John Wick 1 & 2 for $10.73, not too bad. https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=4k+movi...jicPvumTzYhTUA
Old 01-26-23, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 258 Likes on 182 Posts

Amazon has the Blade Runner double feature for $5.99 (price matching Best Buy it appears).

Temporarily out of stock but can still be ordered.

Amazon.com: Blade Runner DBFE (BD) : Various, Various: Movies & TV Amazon.com: Blade Runner DBFE (BD) : Various, Various: Movies & TV
Old 01-26-23, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Amazon has the Blade Runner double feature for $5.99 (price matching Best Buy it appears).

Temporarily out of stock but can still be ordered.

Amazon.com: Blade Runner DBFE (BD) : Various, Various: Movies & TV
(Rhetorical Question): Why is it that the few items I want are never $5.99??!!