Print Wikipost

Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-21, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: Amazon: Blu-ray discounts and deals mega-thread

Originally Posted by bacigalup
The Ebay seller is going to have a lot of grief hearing from 27 angry buyers, myself included, if the DC is not include. But I don't want to jump to conclusions; pretty confidant the set will contain it.

The DC code should redeem unless WB really adheres to the date, then I can't complain!
I'm less worried about the code redeeming since I've rarely if ever heard of a Warner Code expiring no matter the date, but there were several posts and reviews on various sites mentioning the absence of the code sheet and
a few responses from Warner about it. I have no idea about this seller and suspect the seller would be the innocent bystander in such an event (though certain will get all the blame), but hopefully they have some true old stock

Originally Posted by fujishig
Wait, the set came out in like 2018 and they had an expire date on the digital code after only a year?
Not terribly unusual for Warner. Many of the items they repress after a year, remove any slipcovers (which state Digital) and underlying disc art doesn;t mention it then rerelease without digital
Old 03-29-21, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I'm less worried about the code redeeming since I've rarely if ever heard of a Warner Code expiring no matter the date, but there were several posts and reviews on various sites mentioning the absence of the code sheet and
a few responses from Warner about it. I have no idea about this seller and suspect the seller would be the innocent bystander in such an event (though certain will get all the blame), but hopefully they have some true old stock
Happy to say that I just received my copy with a redeemable digital code as advertised!!
The following users liked this post:
hariseldon (03-29-21)
Old 03-29-21, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bacigalup
Happy to say that I just received my copy with a redeemable digital code as advertised!!
I'm happy for a number of reasons. Really wasn't looking forward to the raised voices and clenched fists storming the castle
Old 04-09-21, 07:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On Amazon, Hammer Films 'Curse of Frankenstein' bluray for $13.64

E Unit (04-09-21)
Old 04-18-21, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Not having bluray.com to rely on for sale info has me at a real disadvantage.
Old 04-18-21, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm subscribed to br.com's daily sale sheet, & very few items are significantly discounted.
Old 04-18-21, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Make it easy summary -- no sales at Amazon since there doesn't appear to be sales at BBY, Target, or Walmart.

The only sales I can think of are at stores Amazon doesn't consider competition
The following 3 users liked this post by hariseldon:
Adam Tyner (04-18-21), kenbenobi (04-20-21), MooMooMooMoo (04-18-21)
Old 04-20-21, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make it easy summary -- no sales at Amazon since there doesn't appear to be sales at BBY, Target, or Walmart.

The only sales I can think of are at stores Amazon doesn't consider competition
Tis true, sadly...

Good to see you over here, hariseldon... I'm going through withdrawal since our other site went down...
Old 04-20-21, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Tis true, sadly...

Good to see you over here, hariseldon... I'm going through withdrawal since our other site went down...
I make the rounds. I'm semi regular here though less so now that the B&N thread is basically a shell thread.

I can't remember if you're one of these, but the big announcement overnight was the DMC update and 2 new DMC Exclusives were put up for sale including one of the last Golden Pillars
Since there's really not a DMC forum of any note here - I'll throw this out for those not cross posting at HTF

DMC Exclusive The Black Cauldron 30th Anniversary Bluray (yes, exclusive with the normal restrictions, but it's a Disc) -- everybody's getting a little bit of a kick out of tthe 1985 release getting a 30th Anniversary in 2021, but Disney has always
marched to their own drummer

Also less of note, but still not bad jus b/c it's new
DMC Exclusive VALIANT Bluray

As big and popular as the DMC thread is over at bluray, I can hear the teeth gnashing now for those who know and can't post. Especially if the regulars there didn't check into DMC this morning it's going to be a party once the doors reopen.
I won't even say I'm a big TBC fan, but the fact that there are 2 brand new exclusives after pretty much even the most optimistic people had thrown their handful of dirt on the coffin of True Exclusives was
an event to be celebrated at 1am ET

Last edited by hariseldon; 04-20-21 at 05:04 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by hariseldon:
Adam Tyner (04-20-21), miller_time22 (04-21-21), PhantomStranger (04-20-21)
Old 04-20-21, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wasn't aware of that site. I used to post at Home Theater's film & audio forums until the magazine closed them down.
Old 04-20-21, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Home Theater Forum hasn't ever been related to Home Theater magazine or not that I've known. I've been part of that group since the late 90's when a ton of the ex Compuserve HT folks moved there to the web.
Along with a couple Usenet sites, that was my main home until 2010. AVSForums peaked and faded to the background, a few other come and went completely, but HTF is still around and pretty strong.
2009-2010 I added here mostly due to Lasermovies B&N thread and Bluray.com. due to their extensive database and especially the deals threads (B&N, Criterion, DMC, Shout, etc). Bluray.com is busier and has
much deeper threads, but more of a Wild West with a vey high noise to signal ratio than HTF. The sheer amt of information is hard to beat if you can wade through the crap.
Old 04-20-21, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

‘....high noise to signal ratio..’ 😂 ain’t that the truth ! It’s the sole reason I seek refuge here - for the civility that frequently eludes the buncha young’uns frequenting Blu-ray.com threads. Thanks to everyone here for keeping decency, respect and civility intact
Old 04-20-21, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Home Theater Forum hasn't ever been related to Home Theater magazine or not that I've known. I've been part of that group since the late 90's when a ton of the ex Compuserve HT folks moved there to the web.
Along with a couple Usenet sites, that was my main home until 2010. AVSForums peaked and faded to the background, a few other come and went completely, but HTF is still around and pretty strong.
2009-2010 I added here mostly due to Lasermovies B&N thread and Bluray.com. due to their extensive database and especially the deals threads (B&N, Criterion, DMC, Shout, etc). Bluray.com is busier and has
much deeper threads, but more of a Wild West with a vey high noise to signal ratio than HTF. The sheer amt of information is hard to beat if you can wade through the crap.
I may have used the wrong name; the one I'm thinking of shut down a couple of years ago. The magazine stated they could no longer afford the expense of maintaining the forum

I spent most of my time there in the hi-res audio section (though the forum was much more video oriented than audio). The main moderator was a man named Tracy. That's about all I remember other than enjoying it.
Old 04-20-21, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I may have used the wrong name; the one I'm thinking of shut down a couple of years ago. The magazine stated they could no longer afford the expense of maintaining the forum

I spent most of my time there in the hi-res audio section (though the forum was much more video oriented than audio). The main moderator was a man named Tracy. That's about all I remember other than enjoying it.
There was a Home Theater magazine so very likely they had a forum with a similar name, but I'm certain HTF predates that. I was a charter subscriber and had a copy of every edition for a long time -- finally cleared the attic of that sort ot thing. I sort of wish I'd kept my early Widescreen Review and The Perfect Vision or at least until they changed formats to become more of a mainstream magazine. Some of the originals appeared to be handmade and very small quantity so were very hard to acquire

At one time or another I've likely subscribed to just about every one of them -- Stereophile. Stereophile Guide to HT, Video Review, Widescreen Review, Sound and Vision, Audio Video Interiors, Perfect Vision
MooMooMooMoo (04-20-21)
Old 04-20-21, 10:49 PM

Paramount Presents line - 'Fatal Attraction' - $9.40 + tax (select 'like new' condition and fulfilled by Amazon Warehouse deals, currently a 20%off promotion is going on)

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-20-21, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Paramount Presents line - 'Fatal Attraction' - $9.40 + tax (select 'like new' condition and fulfilled by Amazon Warehouse deals, currently a 20%off promotion is going on)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083XVF816/
That's Jumped to $16.99 in minutes! There is a 2017 blu edition at $8.96
Old 04-21-21, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
That's Jumped to $16.99 in minutes! There is a 2017 blu edition at $8.96
still there. You need to select used not new. Choose ‘Like New’ condition and sold by Amazon Warehouse
Old 04-28-21, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Not having bluray.com to rely on for sale info has me at a real disadvantage.
Blu-ray.com is back online, whew!
Old 04-29-21, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Amazon Amazon

Drunken Master 2 is currently $17.99 for a pre-order.

I went ahead and ordered it. It's one of Jackie's classic titles that I don't have on BD and that's a reasonable price IMO.
PhantomStranger (05-01-21)
Old 05-01-21, 09:41 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I have it on laserdisc….I guess it’s high time I upgrade it. Good price as well.
Old 05-03-21, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk God

The Ip Man 4K set is now $45.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-03-21, 04:49 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
It has been that price lately at Deep Discount and can combine with 15% off when available.
Old 05-04-21, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk God

The Star Wars movies are $16.99 each in 4K today.

However, I just took a look and a lot of them are sold out.

If you stream and want a much cheaper option, they are only $7.99 each in 4K at Vudu.
Old 05-05-21, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Star Wars movies are $16.99 each in 4K today.
Yeah I know I'm a "galaxy" (day) late so I can't do anything about it but anyone know if the Digital/Blu-Ray ones were on sale (and at what price?) at Amazon or any other retailer yesterday?
​​

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-06-21 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-05-21, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually don't remember anything lower than $15-16 each, but I wasn't really paying attention since I already had them from DMC and Best Buy

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.