Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Powerhouse/Indicator (UK) Blu-ray Sales

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-23, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Powerhouse/Indicator (UK) Blu-ray Sales

I placed an order to replace the Mill Creek Hammer double features I have with much better versions

The Gorgon
The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb
The Revenge of Frankenstein
The Two Faces of Dr Jekyll

Came out to £31.43, which looks like it'll be about $39
Old 03-25-23, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 986 Likes on 695 Posts

I would say I own about 80% of the box sets Indicator has put out, so all of these broken up singles in this sale mess with me when I'm browsing. I finally settled on:

Columbia Noir 5
Hammer Robin Hood set
A Time for Dying
Bullfighter and the Lady​​​​​​
Old 04-05-23, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 617 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
I would say I own about 80% of the box sets Indicator has put out, so all of these broken up singles in this sale mess with me when I'm browsing​​​
Finally got a shipping notice for my order from this sale. Apparently it was one of their biggest ever (with eight limited editions going out of print, with standard editions later this year), so there were delays (I'd actually forgotten I'd even placed an order!). I likewise already own the vast majority of their box sets, so decided to clean up on all the region-free singles I didn't already have (and some versions that may replace US editions I already own):

DEADLY AFFAIR
ROADGAMES (already have Umbrella edition)
CASTLE KEEP
BUNNY LAKE IS MISSING (already have Twilight Time)
THE RECKONING
THE MIND OF MR. SOAMES
THE LEGACY
THE COLLECTOR
SEE NO EVIL
PSYCHE 59
HARDCORE
FRAGMENT OF FEAR
EYES OF LAURA MARS
ENDLESS NIGHT
BREAKOUT
A DANDY IN ASPIC
BERSERK
EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (already have Twilight Time, but not many supplements on that)
+
CREATURE THE WORLD FORGOT - LIMITED EDITION

Might be ages before I order another sale batch from them. Could be a while before a big enough round of standard editions get down to the £4.99 price point.
The following users liked this post:
cinefan (04-05-23)
Old 04-05-23, 11:34 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I got my shipping notice today too for my 3/25 order that I posted above. The shipping notice came about 45 minutes after a separate email apologizing for delays and explaining they were a bit overwhelmed.I was starting to wonder a bit.

Now I'll just see how long it takes to make it here, given that I went with the cheapest possible shipping option. I'm in no hurry though.
Old 04-05-23, 01:25 PM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Would like to get your feedback on CREATURE THE WORLD FORGOT when you see it. That is the ONLY Hammer film from Indicator that I don't have. I couldn't even get past the trailer...
Old 04-06-23, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've owned the UK DVD of Creatures for several years. I believe it was pretty barebones, so I upgraded to the Indicator box largely due to the 2.5+ hours of supplements (not including the commentaries on both the feature and short films). I'm not a huge fan of the film itself. It's just ok, but not one I'd revisit very often. For my money, it's easily the least of Hammer's caveman movies (or whatever they're grouped as), but I've found the extras on most of Indicator's Hammer boxes to be first rate for context, so I'm hoping this will be more of the same. Plus the sale price seemed reasonable. I would've preferred it be Region Free, but the movie is also in a Mill Creek set over here so no luck on that.
Old 04-10-23, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts

Still no shipping notice for my order on the 30th. I’ll give another day or two before I email them.
Old 04-10-23, 08:53 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Jut FYI, the email doesn't mention Powerhouse or Indicator, it comes from Lime Wood Media, Ltd., so it's possible you got the notification but missed it.
I placed my order on 3/25 and it shipped 3/31
Old 04-10-23, 10:54 AM

Yeah the original order confirmation arrived in my junk folder. I almost ignored it due to the company name.
Old 04-12-23, 02:28 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cinefan
I got my shipping notice today too for my 3/25 order that I posted above. The shipping notice came about 45 minutes after a separate email apologizing for delays and explaining they were a bit overwhelmed.I was starting to wonder a bit.

Now I'll just see how long it takes to make it here, given that I went with the cheapest possible shipping option. I'm in no hurry though.
My 3/25 order arrived today at my New York State address, one week after getting the shipping email. So it took a little while to dispatch, but got here pretty quickly once it did. Just like the last time I ordered from them, the packaging for shipment was excellent and everything arrived in perfect condition. Time for a Harryhausen festival! Or at least a Sinbad festival.

The following 4 users liked this post by cinefan:
BobO'Link (04-14-23), DiggityDawg (04-12-23), DVD Polizei (04-20-23), laidbacklarkin (04-12-23)
Old 04-15-23, 05:32 PM

Finally got my ship notice. Hasn’t moved yet, but it’s getting ready.
Old 10-30-23, 08:44 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/sale
Sale

This sale lasts until noon (UK time) on Monday 6 November, and features the below items.

Every order placed will receive two emails: one to confirm the order has been made, and a second to confirm it has been dispatched. We will make every effort to ensure that orders are packaged and placed with couriers as soon as possible. We anticipate orders during this sale to be high and our ability to reply to customer emails will unfortunately be limited throughout the Sale period. Despite us taking on extra staff, it is normal for orders to take a lot longer than usual during this time, please be patient – thank you.

Our standard Shipping Policy applies. For UK addresses, free tracked shipping applies to orders with a value of £50 or more. For EU, US and Canadian addresses, free tracked shipping applies to orders with a value of £200 or more. For the Rest of World, free tracked shipping applies to orders with a value of £250 or more.

Should you have any questions that you cannot see answers to here, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.

PLEASE NOTE: SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY YET-TO-BE-RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS ANY SALE ITEMS, YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THE PRE-ORDER TITLE/S BECOME AVAILABLE.
laidbacklarkin (10-30-23)
Old 10-30-23, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I cleaned out everything I wanted from them back in the March sale (post #53) and other sales through the ages, and most of their recent releases don’t hold much interest (and are often pretty obscure) but might give this a try as Powerhouse is discontinuing their ‘points’ program at the end of the year and I’ve got a few left over. Use ‘em if ya got ‘em!
laidbacklarkin (10-30-23)
Old 10-30-23, 03:32 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
I cleaned out everything I wanted from them back in the March sale (post #53) and other sales through the ages, and most of their recent releases don’t hold much interest (and are often pretty obscure) but might give this a try as Powerhouse is discontinuing their ‘points’ program at the end of the year and I’ve got a few left over. Use ‘em if ya got ‘em!
agree. Few of their recent output seems compelling. Mostly interested in LE box sets but a few of the past ones that I wanted are all sold out. But if pushed (by myself), this is a company I won’t hesitate to give my money to. Will wait until the weekend to talk to myself
Brian T (10-30-23)
Old 10-30-23, 05:59 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

$5 a disc and free shipping?! Couldn’t resist. I cleaned out pretty much all their horror titles.
nikkijo (04-17-24)
Old 11-03-23, 08:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Are the reward points tied to a particular account? I have a code for $12USD, but I can't combine with an order that contains any of the 3 for $5 titles (even with lots of regular priced stuff in the cart). And shipping to the US for one or two items is way more than the $12 which pretty much makes it meaningless to me. So if it's not tied to an account, I'm happy to pass it along to someone in the UK to redeem - just e-mail me: prognerd at mindspring comdot. --Peter
Old 11-04-23, 10:33 AM

anyone getting free shipping past £200 ? I am still getting hit with $37 S/H
Old 11-04-23, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
anyone getting free shipping past £200 ? I am still getting hit with $37 S/H
mine worked once I realized 200£ wasn’t $200 but looks like you know that
Old 11-04-23, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
yeah 😊, my cart is worth nearly $260, hence the ask. At $1.21 in exchange, that’s well last the pound limit
Old 11-06-23, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Cleared cookies, selected shopping option with £ and recreated shopping cart and this time it worked. Loaded up on most LE's with low stock. Interestingly some LE's that showed up as OOS previously were now available to order again as 'Pre Orders'. I hope that they are not the Standard Editions because the title description clearly says LE. One of the best annual sales as you can't get these titles for anywhere close to these prices any other time of the year.
Old 11-06-23, 06:29 PM

Got my box today. It was almost larger than my wife. She isn’t happy. And she working yesterday and tomorrow, darn mail timing.
Old 04-08-24, 06:45 AM

DiggityDawg (04-08-24)
Old 04-09-24, 07:35 AM

Shipping really hurts. I’m only halfway to the 200 otherwise I’d take a few more.
Old 04-09-24, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Shipping really hurts. I’m only halfway to the 200 otherwise I’d take a few more.
Best way to handle Indicator sales in the US is a group buy.