DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Powerhouse/Indicator (UK) Blu-ray Sales (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/644453-powerhouse-indicator-uk-blu-ray-sales.html)

Brian T 06-25-18 12:21 PM

Powerhouse/Indicator (UK) Blu-ray Sales

Couldn't find an existing thread to put this in, so might as well start a new one in case there are other deals from this company down the road (which would be nice, since it so rarely happens).

Ray Harryhausen Birthday Special - until July 1 (I think?)
All three boxed sets £98.00 / US $133
http://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/pro...rthday-special

Shipping is £8.95 to US or Canada.

Not exactly cheap, but cheap . . . er. :lol:

LIMITED AVAILABILITY – OFFER RUNS UNTIL MIDNIGHT (UK TIME) ON SUNDAY, OR UNTIL OUR STOCK IS EXHAUSTED

To celebrate Ray Harryhausen's 98th birthday on 29 June we are offering a Harryhausen Birthday Special promotion containing all three of our Harryhausen box sets for £98 (our normal price is £128.97). Once the copies of THE SINBAD TRILOGY are sold out, this offer ceases, and THE SINBAD TRILOGY box set will become out-of-print (OOP).

All UK shipments will be tracked via Royal Mail for peace of mind.

You will receive the following 3x Limited Dual Format Edition box sets:

THE SINBAD TRILOGY
THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Nathan Juran, 1958)
THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (Gordon Hessler, 1973)
SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER (Sam Wanamaker, 1977)

THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME ONE: 1955-1960
IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA (Robert Gordon, 1955)
20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH (Nathan Juran, 1957)
THE 3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER (Jack Sher, 1960)

THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME TWO: 1961-1964
MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (Cy Endfield, 1961)
JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (Don Chaffey, 1963)
FIRST MEN IN THE MOON (Nathan Juran, 1964)

These all-time classic adventures, each featuring pioneering special effects by filmmaking legend Ray Harryhausen, are presented here in stunning restorations on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras, these stunning Limited Dual Format Editions are strictly limited to 6,000 units.

Classic Films 06-26-18 11:53 AM

Re: Powerhouse/Indicator (UK) Blu-ray Sales

Deep Discount has the individual sets on sale for $48.68 each. With their current 10% off code "SCUBA" on 3 or more DVDs, the 3 are $131.44. Be aware that the Sinbad set is listed as out of stock at DD but you can order it. Each set counts as one DVD with their coupon code, so you need to order all three to get the 10% off. You can of course order other items to get to 3. You could also wait for a 15% off code. As 4th of July is coming perhaps there will be one.

Classic Films 06-26-18 01:34 PM

And now there is a 15% coupon with no minimum purchase at Deep Discount. Brings the cost of each set to $41.38 each. Code SPF15 expires 6/29 noonish.

Brian T 06-26-18 01:36 PM

DD now has the 15% coupon (SPF15). Probably a better deal, BUT the Sinbad set seems to be close to OOP, so I do wonder if DD would actually be able to fulfill orders for it.

I'm not really interested in these anyways. I wish Powerhouse (or some other site) would do a deal on the Hammer sets, but who knows . . .

PhantomStranger 06-26-18 02:28 PM

I'm assuming these sets are locked to Region B?

Brian T 06-26-18 02:36 PM

All Region Free, actually. Same for the Hammer sets, the Budd Boetticher and Sam Fuller boxes, presumably others they've acquired from Sony. :)

dex14 08-23-19 07:13 AM

OUR ONLY SALE OF 2019

Right now at our website, until midnight on Monday 26 August (UK time), we are having our annual sale. Please visit our website for full details.

This sale runs for four days: from noon on Friday 23 August 2019 to midnight on Monday 26 August 2019 (UK time).

Extra staff are in place to cope with demand, but please be patient while we work through the orders over the coming weeks – thank you.Our Shipping Policy for international customers has changed. We are unable to sustain the losses of large untracked parcels repeatedly going missing whilst in transit to some of our international customers. Very large international parcels will now only be sent tracked.

PLEASE NOTE: SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY YET-TO-BE-RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS ANY SALE ITEMS, YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THE PREORDER TITLE/S BECOME AVAILABLE.

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/sale

brucehf 08-23-19 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13596951)
OUR ONLY SALE OF 2019

Right now at our website, until midnight on Monday 26 August (UK time), we are having our annual sale. Please visit our website for full details.

This sale runs for four days: from noon on Friday 23 August 2019 to midnight on Monday 26 August 2019 (UK time).

Extra staff are in place to cope with demand, but please be patient while we work through the orders over the coming weeks – thank you.Our Shipping Policy for international customers has changed. We are unable to sustain the losses of large untracked parcels repeatedly going missing whilst in transit to some of our international customers. Very large international parcels will now only be sent tracked.

PLEASE NOTE: SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY YET-TO-BE-RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS ANY SALE ITEMS, YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THE PREORDER TITLE/S BECOME AVAILABLE.

Shipping to the USA 50 pounds for 6 box sets kills the deal unless there is a free shipping code??

MooMooMooMoo 08-23-19 09:34 PM

I agree, the prices only make sense with free or close to free ship. I don't like the statement about lost packages, either.

dex14 08-24-19 08:42 AM

I was going to get the Fuller set but it added like 14 euro. I just went with 3 titles instead.

Jfunk1 08-24-19 12:30 PM

Not all Region Free, but mostly. For example, I picked up "Little Murders," which is Region B locked.

DWilson 08-26-19 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jfunk1 (Post 13597496)
Not all Region Free, but mostly. For example, I picked up "Little Murders," which is Region B locked.

They have a some Universal titles that are "B" locked, -"Blue Collar", "Charley Varrick" and "The Passenger".

Chad 03-13-20 09:21 PM

Indicator 4 Day Flash Sale

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...a25c80d7af.jpg

Stock update: LE's of Hammer Vol 1, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, See No Evil, The Chase, Five Tall Tales, and The Deadly Affair are now OOP.

Not a very generous offering of LE box sets. :(

This sale runs for roughly four days: from noon on Friday 13 March 2020 to 23:59 on Monday 16 March 2020 (UK time).

Hazel Motes 03-14-20 04:03 AM

Re: Indicator 4 Day Flash Sale

Anyone from the Vancouver B.C area wanna team up on free shipping? My cart is almost half way to free shipping.

JamesDeek 04-21-20 04:53 AM

Thanks for the head up

JoeySeven 06-22-20 08:41 PM

Powerhouse/Indicator Harryhausen sale. Never ordered from them before,but seems like some decent prices.
If Powerhouse did free shipping to the states before on order 50+,I think that is over.

3 for £30

Sale

Powerhouse Films is celebrating Ray Harryhausen's 100 birthday with the following sale:

Monday, 29 June, marks one hundred years since the birth of special effects genius Ray Harryhausen. INDICATOR will be celebrating via a number of offers.

First, a collection of five limited edition postcards – utilising original artwork – will be automatically included with every direct order from this website (while stock lasts).Secondly, THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME ONE: 1955-1960 will be available at a discounted price of £29.50 for one week only (offer ends 29 June at midnight). And, finally, our 3 FOR £30 offer on five Ray Harryhausen Standard Editions – FIRST MEN IN THE MOON, MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD, THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD, and SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER – continues to be active. Just add three or more eligible titles to your cart, and enter the code THIRTY at the checkout

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/3-for-30

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...e-1955-1960-le

I'll edit later,I'm doing too many things at once right now. ;)

----
For 6 (3 for £30 movies) + THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME ONE set would be
total £89.50 + Shipping £15.19 Total £104.69 or $117.71 US dollars

Classic Films 06-23-20 11:24 AM

Reminder that shipping rates international to the US go up a lot on July 1. 9+ pounds for 3 items seems high but it will presumable be worse in 7 days.

Brian T 10-22-21 01:41 PM

5th Anniversary Powerhouse Indicator sale on now (noted in the International Deals thread, but figured it was worth putting here, too):

5TH ANNIVERSARY SALE

Right now at our website, until midday on Friday 29 October (UK time), we are having a week-long fifth-anniversary sale which includes over 150 titles.

Our standard shipping policy applies for all sale items. For UK addresses, free shipping applies to orders with a value of £50 or more. For the Rest of World, free tracked shipping applies to orders with a value of £200 or more.

We are also delighted to confirm that we are now fully IOSS registered just in time for the sale! VAT is now automatically disclosed at the checkout stage, meaning there should be no unexpected import charges on deliveries to our customers within the EU.

For information regarding overseas shipping costs, import charges, combining orders, etc., please refer to the Sale section in our website's FAQ and also the SHIPPING POLICY section.
Their prices actually drop further once you go to check-out (presumably due to VAT), which can help offset the shipping. For example:

- The first two COLUMBIA NOIR Volumes and the FU MANCHU box are £29.99 on sale, but drop to £24.99 at checkout (about $35 US)
(depending on order size and shipping costs, that should be cheaper than Amazon US has the sets via their Global Store)
- IRREVERSIBLE SE is £14.99, down to £12.49 (about $17 US)
- A lot of singles previous issued in boxed sets (Harryhausens, Sinbads, Scott westerns, Hammers etc.) are £6.99, down to £5.83 at checkout (about $8 US)

I 'pretend-ordered' both Noirs, Fu Manchu, Hammer Volume 5, and added two singles and shipping came to £24. Adding another box and another single only drove it up to about £26. I suspect you could put together a careful order in this sale and come out ahead vs buying on the US or Canadian Amazon sites.

Proglodite 10-23-21 08:11 AM

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/50-off
And con-current with the current sale are these titles that are 50% off the SALE price and all are limited editions.
And if you pay for shipping, it's by Federal Express, so delivery will be super fast.
And to hit the free shipping threshold, the total has to be £200 or more AFTER the VAT removal.
--Peter

darkdaze73 10-23-21 12:02 PM

I see several I would like to pick up, but I'm having a hard time doing so due to the cost of shipping.

cinemaman 10-23-21 01:57 PM

I hear this complaint about shipping to the US. But I don't see this when I order. I bought 14 movies, and including shipping it averaged $11 a movie!! That's insane for any Indicator release! And I didn't even take advantage of the 50% offer because I didn't see it before I ordered.

To me. This was the sale of the year.

pgm 10-23-21 04:40 PM

Does anyone know if the Powerhouse/Indicator release of "13 Ghosts" includes the Illusion-0 viewer? I can't find any information anwhere. I know it includes the Illusion-0 version, but there is no mention of the viewer. Thanks in advance

cinemaman 10-24-21 05:50 AM

as far as I know, the Illusion-O viewer does not exist anymore and therefore is not included. There are some rare copies out on ebay for $10, if you really want one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/14404461360...oAAOSw~gxfYm5J

I am going to try a standard red/blue 3D set of glasses I have to see how that fares.

dex14 10-24-21 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 (Post 14001902)
I see several I would like to pick up, but I'm having a hard time doing so due to the cost of shipping.

I would suggest if there are other people here on the site who want some titles, to do a group buy to get you over the 200 GBP threshold.

darkdaze73 10-24-21 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 14002158)
I would suggest if there are other people here on the site who want some titles, to do a group buy to get you over the 200 GBP threshold.

I was contacted and got on that last group buy over at that other site.