Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy -- Black Friday 2017 Ad

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-17, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Best Buy -- Black Friday 2017 Ad

Since I don't have Prime any more. I brought all my blu-rays from BB this BF. But in the past I had no problem with them being shipped in a day or 2 & arriving very quickly.

But I have a order of 12 blu-rays shipped together. It was delayed from the start. Shipped by UPS on 11/22 & dropped of at USPS in CA on the 11/27. Says should arrive on 12/8.

The Wire shipped by UPS on 11/15. Dropped off at USPS in CA on 11/20. Says should arrive on 12/8

A single blu-ray shipped out USPS & so far nothing on tracking. All I have gotten is 3 blu-rays so far.
Old 11-29-17, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
Since I don't have Prime any more. I brought all my blu-rays from BB this BF. But in the past I had no problem with them being shipped in a day or 2 & arriving very quickly.

But I have a order of 12 blu-rays shipped together. It was delayed from the start. Shipped by UPS on 11/22 & dropped of at USPS in CA on the 11/27. Says should arrive on 12/8.

The Wire shipped by UPS on 11/15. Dropped off at USPS in CA on 11/20. Says should arrive on 12/8

A single blu-ray shipped out USPS & so far nothing on tracking. All I have gotten is 3 blu-rays so far.
I had the opposite happen. Got a note from UPS when I checked tracking saying (paraphrase) : "We'll be in your area and will drop off your package in lieu of USPS." Got everything yesterday. Weird, but I'm not complaining. Best Buy did screw me on RZ points though. One of my orders does not show up in order tracking.
Old 11-29-17, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
I had the opposite happen. Got a note from UPS when I checked tracking saying (paraphrase) : "We'll be in your area and will drop off your package in lieu of USPS." Got everything yesterday. Weird, but I'm not complaining. Best Buy did screw me on RZ points though. One of my orders does not show up in order tracking.
You can submit it as missing points on their site. If it displays an error, you can call and Customer Service will either add the order or credit you the points.
Old 11-29-17, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by b2net
You can submit it as missing points on their site. If it displays an error, you can call and Customer Service will either add the order or credit you the points.
Yeah, always shows an error when I try to fix it. Guess I'll have to call. Should I try to deal with their unintelligible CS reps or just give up the points? Tough call.
Old 11-29-17, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by clappj
Perhaps the package was addressed to "an island, sitting in the middle of an ocean, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.”
Wrong island

Originally Posted by Easy
Yeah, always shows an error when I try to fix it. Guess I'll have to call. Should I try to deal with their unintelligible CS reps or just give up the points? Tough call.
I called to do that yesterday, and there was a 45 minute wait. I gave up.
Old 11-29-17, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Just for the record, I got my order in from Best Buy's Black Friday last night. 3 4k Discs, thrown in a cardboard mailer. And they all had slips (Spider-man Home, War POTA, Dark Tower). The War Planet of the Apes slip was a little damaged but the others were excellent amazingly. And unfortunately, while I like slips...I have given up on them being perfect. But all good, just hopefully can find time to watch them.
I ordered 3 Scream Factory titles from them back in October, two of which came with slips, and they were packaged this way. Scream Factory slips are usually not in the best shape to begin with, so you can imagine what kind of condition mine were in when I got them from BB
Old 12-01-17, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I am very pleased with how my easy peasy BF shopping order at Best Buy played out...received the entire order yesterday. It came ahead of even the revised 12/01 date (revised from 12/04) via UPS instead of USPS (originally how it was supposed to be delivered), the box was accordioned and in bad shape but I ordered around 20 items (I think 10-12 cds/up to 8 4K titles) so even without packing material they moved around the box like a brick and none of the CD cases had cracks (I will look again, but I was giddy...almost always receive a CD case or two in orders that is cracked, just something I expect nowadays) and it does not sound like any of the 4Ks were floaters (and most had new condition slips).

Yeah...the brief BB website glitch was a nothing burger when all is said and done, so happy. A good chunk of the 4Ks were films I missed in theaters so I am psyched to start watching them this weekend.

Last edited by Inhumans99; 12-01-17 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-01-17, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My Best Buy order came through perfect as well. I was even surprised to see them come with slipcovers.
Old 12-05-17, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Sounds like a horror show. Best Buy and Amazon using USPS has been more negative than positive. I have had several Prime orders come at least a day late because of USPS. Hell, one of them they tried to post as incorrect address just to not have to deliver it that day. It came two days later with the correct address, of course.
In case you weren't aware, always complain to Amazon when your Prime orders are delivered late. They will usually add a free month of Prime to your account.
Old 12-05-17, 03:12 PM

I've been buying DVDs/Blu-Rays for almost 20 years now, and have a collection that numbers well into the thousands, and this is a first for me:

My Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital copy of "The Founder", purchased on Black Friday from BestBuy.com, arrived sealed, with a slipcover, and the digital copy insert, and the DVD, but... no Blu-Ray. Just an empty space where the Blu-Ray should be.

Obviously it was an oversight at the factory, since the shrinkwrap wasn't compromised. And, since it's my word against theirs, there's nothing I can really do about it. Luckily, at this point in time, I mostly watch the included streaming versions, and only care about the Blu-Ray if it includes a director's commentary track or exclusive extras, and "The Founder" BD has neither. So I'm not going to sweat it for $5.99.

I figured I'd share in case anyone else purchased the title from Best Buy, it might be worth opening and checking your copy right away.
Old 12-05-17, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had this happen once too before, wasn't at a Best Buy but another store...think it was a Target. (Long time ago)...anyway they did some conversing and talking but in the end, I got another copy...and they opened it right then and there to make sure this one was good. $5.99 or not, I'd still at least put in a phone call. Just sayin
Old 12-05-17, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Is it a Universal title ? Asking cos I had a similar experience with 'Sixteen Candles' purchased at Frys in a SoCal store. Was asked to contact Universal who never responded (their phone for Cust Service is just a voice mailbox and the email id I got was never responded to) settled for the UV code inside
Old 12-05-17, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Sure you can. Just let BBY know of the issue or even contact the company.
In-store -- BBy should allow you to exchange an open item for the same item or BBY.com should exchange it if for a new copy since it arrived defective.

I've had it happen twice and never had a problem getting a replacement or exchange. It may not be worth the effort to you, but for anyone else it happens to their should be
an easy remedy.
I agree. Shit happens. I have had this experience. I have also had the displeasure of having the wrong movie in the case. Should be a simple fix.