Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-03-22, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DVD Polizei
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/

BLU-RAY SCHEDULE

We list new arrivals on our website once every four weeks. The new receipt schedule is below. Each date is a Monday, and titles appear on the website in the early evening.
1/9/2023
2/6/2023
3/6/2023
4/3/2023
5/29/2023
6/26/2023
7/24/2023
8/21/2023
9/18/2023
10/16/2023
11/13/2023
12/11/2023

Print Wikipost

Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Old 02-08-19, 07:18 PM
  #76  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,107
Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
When do new CD listings normally go live, GoldenWheels? I have a huge CD order in my cart and just wondering.
After reading your post, I went through the "price cut" cd's & found 3 (possibly 4) that I want. Going through all the thousands of cd's feels a bit overwhelming. Wondering if you found anything really special that wasn't a "price cut"?
Old 02-09-19, 05:42 PM
  #77  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 26,958
Received 716 Likes on 604 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
After reading your post, I went through the "price cut" cd's & found 3 (possibly 4) that I want. Going through all the thousands of cd's feels a bit overwhelming. Wondering if you found anything really special that wasn't a "price cut"?
It really depends on your tastes - if they lean towards classic rock, you're probably out of luck. They widely carry a number of UK imports collecting the entire periods of some classic country artists, like this one:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/george-...en-classic-lps

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/marty-r...ings-1952-1960

They also have some Real Gone CDs at cheap prices:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-sou...c-of-christmas
Old 02-09-19, 06:13 PM
  #78  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,107
Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It really depends on your tastes - if they lean towards classic rock, you're probably out of luck. They widely carry a number of UK imports collecting the entire periods of some classic country artists, like this one:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/george-...en-classic-lps

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/marty-r...ings-1952-1960

They also have some Real Gone CDs at cheap prices:

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-sou...c-of-christmas
Thanks! I'm not into country, modern hip hop (all variations), opera, punk or metal; I like some of just about everything else. Interested in the Real Gone list, I just clicked on it. The 4 In my cart are 3 jazz sets, & a UK legal Bowie boot (that's the one I'm on the fence about)
Old 02-10-19, 05:32 PM
  #79  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,107
Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

I emailed Hamilton asking when their would be new product. They response, "this week".
Old 02-10-19, 05:38 PM
  #80  
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin
 
Adam Tyner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Greenville, South Cackalack
Posts: 28,242
Received 1,733 Likes on 1,134 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I emailed Hamilton asking when their would be new product. They response, "this week".
Yeah, it should be very early Tuesday morning.
Old 02-10-19, 10:49 PM
  #81  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44,028
Likes: 0
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,866 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

And for the next new arrivals batch, that will be Tuesday AM of 2/12. In this case, because we are just "flipping a switch" to make them visible, everything should just "pop" in, and there should be no weird web performance etc. (please bear with us the first time...sometimes you do web stuff and it doesn't go the way you expect it to!)

Now, the nice thing about this for you guys is regularity. Barring a human disaster here, every New Arrivals batch will now become visible every four weeks from this first date, no variances of a day here and there any more. So, keep these dates in mind:

2/12
3/12
4/9
5/7
6/4
7/2
7/30
8/27
9/24
10/22
11/19
12/17
Old 02-11-19, 12:17 PM
  #82  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,094
Received 426 Likes on 320 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Cart behavior has been a real issue since we started to get noticed by the blu-ray.com guys. I'm not at liberty to say WHY but we are adjusting the cart behavior rules very soon so it will perform better, and far more like what you suggest here.
Big thanks for the update. Looking forward to any improvements to the cart system. Also, for the general shopping experience, it might be nice to see a "view by most recent arrivals" to the drop-down sorting menu, rather than just alphabetical, price low/high, and popular.
Old 02-11-19, 12:20 PM
  #83  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,347
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by Brian T
Big thanks for the update. Looking forward to any improvements to the cart system. Also, for the general shopping experience, it might be nice to see a "view by most recent arrivals" to the drop-down sorting menu, rather than just alphabetical, price low/high, and popular.
Doesn;t that essentially already exist in the Power Search menu using the ADDED SINCE selection or does that work differently than what you are wishing for?
Old 02-11-19, 04:45 PM
  #84  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,094
Received 426 Likes on 320 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Doesn;t that essentially already exist in the Power Search menu using the ADDED SINCE selection or does that work differently than what you are wishing for?
I suppose that would work, but I prefer a simpler option without having to adjust a three-part set of date menus and all that other stuff. And the sort menu in the Power Search section is the same as it is for regular search results, plus "relevance". What I'd prefer to do is, for example, click the "Blu-Rays" menu up top, then sort by "Most Recent". Two steps. Probably a minor quibble, but I'd think it's also a minor upgrade.

Last edited by Brian T; 02-11-19 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-11-19, 05:10 PM
  #85  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,347
Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

I see where you are. I was just thinking of the Search Menu
Old 02-11-19, 07:21 PM
  #86  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,107
Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

I've had issues with the Power Search, mostly the wrong "binding" (i.e. cd, dvd, blu, books) showing up
Old 02-12-19, 02:36 PM
  #87  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,107
Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by dex14

Now, the nice thing about this for you guys is regularity. Barring a human disaster here, every New Arrivals batch will now become visible every four weeks from this first date, no variances of a day here and there any more. So, keep these dates in mind:

2/12
nothing so far.
Old 02-12-19, 02:58 PM
  #88  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,297
Likes: 0
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
nothing so far.
They reported on b-r.com that they are having tech issues and it may not be up until tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-13-19, 02:27 AM
  #89  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,107
Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

They got the new stuff up. Please keep in mind the following comments reflect my tastes, what I already own, & my beliefs about what constitutes value pricing.

Bottom line, there was nothing for me. No blu's I was remotely interested in at the price (when I've bought from HB in the past there were some really good bargains; that's what I didn't see tonight). There were some nice dvd's though I already owned most of what interested me. The one item I considered was a really cool boot dvd called Woodstock Diary, but it's a buck cheaper on Amazon. CD's were mostly legal Euro boots; the one thing I would recommend at the price that I already have is an official Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac import best of at $6.95.

And one of the 3 cd's in my cart was sold out. Oh well. YMMV.
Old 02-13-19, 09:21 AM
  #90  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,630
Received 623 Likes on 431 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Listing of new Blu-rays:
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/product...&power_search=
Old 02-13-19, 09:38 AM
  #91  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,094
Received 426 Likes on 320 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Saw quite a few decent deals for my tastes last night, but admittedly added more of them to my cart from the DVD listings than the Blu-rays, but then I'm partial to some of the B-movies (new and old) they get in stock, and they flip quite nicely up here when I'm done, assuming I don't keep them. Good deal on the Image/Something Weird Drive-in Collection DVD set (7 movies, 4 discs, $5.95), for example. Some good Warner Blus for $5.95. Common stuff, but a few classics in the mix. Already had a bunch of stuff in my cart, so now it's time to play the shuffling game (and try to catch what they drop from it prematurely!) . . .

Don't know why they bother with the Shout/Severin/etc. stuff as there doesn't seem to be much discounting on those.

Also noticed a good number of UK discs this time, but some don't have the little region hexagon symbols on the backs to tell if they're region-free.

Last edited by Brian T; 02-13-19 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-13-19, 11:02 AM
  #92  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,094
Received 426 Likes on 320 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Cart behavior has been a real issue since we started to get noticed by the blu-ray.com guys. I'm not at liberty to say WHY but we are adjusting the cart behavior rules very soon so it will perform better, and far more like what you suggest here.
Just had my cart drop from 24 to 23 items, but I actually got a (brief) notification of which title disappeared, which was helpful. Unfortunately, it was a title that dropped from the cart a few weeks back and hasn't been available since, so I'm guessing you folks are working out some bugs at the moment?
Old 02-13-19, 03:08 PM
  #93  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,432
Received 111 Likes on 88 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by Brian T
Saw quite a few decent deals for my tastes last night, but admittedly added more of them to my cart from the DVD listings than the Blu-rays, but then I'm partial to some of the B-movies (new and old) they get in stock, and they flip quite nicely up here when I'm done, assuming I don't keep them. Good deal on the Image/Something Weird Drive-in Collection DVD set (7 movies, 4 discs, $5.95), for example. Some good Warner Blus for $5.95. Common stuff, but a few classics in the mix. Already had a bunch of stuff in my cart, so now it's time to play the shuffling game (and try to catch what they drop from it prematurely!) . . .

Don't know why they bother with the Shout/Severin/etc. stuff as there doesn't seem to be much discounting on those.

Also noticed a good number of UK discs this time, but some don't have the little region hexagon symbols on the backs to tell if they're region-free.
All are region free
Old 02-13-19, 03:21 PM
  #94  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,630
Received 623 Likes on 431 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
All are region free
Yeah, I'd imagine they're not buying anything that wouldn't work in a standard US Blu-ray player.

You can always check the region info at www.blu-ray.com if you're really paranoid.
Old 02-13-19, 03:45 PM
  #95  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 25,297
Likes: 0
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by Brian T
Saw quite a few decent deals for my tastes last night, but admittedly added more of them to my cart from the DVD listings than the Blu-rays, but then I'm partial to some of the B-movies (new and old) they get in stock, and they flip quite nicely up here when I'm done, assuming I don't keep them. Good deal on the Image/Something Weird Drive-in Collection DVD set (7 movies, 4 discs, $5.95), for example. Some good Warner Blus for $5.95. Common stuff, but a few classics in the mix. Already had a bunch of stuff in my cart, so now it's time to play the shuffling game (and try to catch what they drop from it prematurely!) . . .

Don't know why they bother with the Shout/Severin/etc. stuff as there doesn't seem to be much discounting on those.

Also noticed a good number of UK discs this time, but some don't have the little region hexagon symbols on the backs to tell if they're region-free.
They have decent deals on older MVD and Shout stuff. I got Lionheart and AP13 steelbook for decent deals. Not world breaking but good.
Old 02-14-19, 09:41 AM
  #96  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,094
Received 426 Likes on 320 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Yeah, I'd imagine they're not buying anything that wouldn't work in a standard US Blu-ray player. You can always check the region info at www.blu-ray.com if you're really paranoid.
Good advice. Personally I've either already got those titles (either the imports or the domestics) or don't need/want them, but was kind of thinking HB might benefit by adding a "Region Free Import" line to those listings for customers who might be a bit puzzled by the packaging and the odd UK rating symbols.

Last edited by Brian T; 02-14-19 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-20-19, 04:18 PM
  #97  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
GoldenWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,291
Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by Jay G.
Yeah, I'd imagine they're not buying anything that wouldn't work in a standard US Blu-ray player.

You can always check the region info at www.blu-ray.com if you're really paranoid.
That's my goal, I look them all up first...even so I bought a Kickboxer collection that was PAL....D'oh!
Old 02-20-19, 04:19 PM
  #98  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
GoldenWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,291
Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by Brian T
Just had my cart drop from 24 to 23 items, but I actually got a (brief) notification of which title disappeared, which was helpful. Unfortunately, it was a title that dropped from the cart a few weeks back and hasn't been available since, so I'm guessing you folks are working out some bugs at the moment?
We just added the cart drop out message last week. I think that feature was just "catching up" with your cache/cart when we rolled it out.
Old 02-20-19, 04:21 PM
  #99  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
GoldenWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,291
Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

I will try to add the new arrivals links here each month, as I do at BR.com (well, I do now, I just figured out I could do it this last time)
Old 02-20-19, 06:16 PM
  #100  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 19,630
Received 623 Likes on 431 Posts
re: Hamilton Book (Blu-ray Bargains)

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
That's my goal, I look them all up first...even so I bought a Kickboxer collection that was PAL....D'oh!
Did you buy the Kickboxer collection from Hamilton Book?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.