Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Mill Creek Direct: FINALSALE

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-16, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Mill Creek Direct: FINALSALE

Originally Posted by rbrown498
And, within minutes, I received an email from Matt. He says that they're sending the missing disc out today.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though. It might take a while....
He emailed me that he was sending my missing title on Wednesday and I received it (by USPS) today (Tuesday).
Old 03-16-16, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobaray
He emailed me that he was sending my missing title on Wednesday and I received it (by USPS) today (Tuesday).
That's good to know, Bobaray--thanks for assuaging my fears somewhat.
Old 03-16-16, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I feel your pain, Quack! Matt has been very helpful, unlike the other dunderheads at Mill Creek. I hope that you get your stuff real soon!
Saw the box sitting there waiting for me when I got home from dinner! Everything was there, no bonuses, which is fine, got plenty in the other boxes.
Old 03-16-16, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

So here's the latest:

The box from Mill Creek came in today. Like everyone else, my discs were thrown into an oversized box with no padding of any sort. I can deal with that.

UNLIKE everyone else, I got NO (nada, zero, zilch, 0) bonus discs thrown into the mix...but since they didn't even ship anything until two weeks after I placed my order, I wasn't expecting them to have enough leftover stock to be able to gift me with freebies. I'm okay with that, as long as everything that I ordered was here.

But of course, it wasn't. I ordered nine discs and, wouldn't you know it, I only got eight. I was charged for nine discs, mind you, but I only received eight. The Lady from Shanghai Blu-ray is nowhere to be found.

I just sent a rather nasty email off to Mill Creek. I'll report back if anything comes of it.
Why would you send a nasty email right off the bat? Shit happens, give them a chance to fix it before getting nasty.
Old 03-16-16, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

It's been 21 days since I made my order and I haven't received a shipping notice yet, much less a package. The payment was processed a couple weeks ago though.
Old 03-16-16, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
It's been 21 days since I made my order and I haven't received a shipping notice yet, much less a package. The payment was processed a couple weeks ago though.
Could have been like mine, waiting on stock to arrive.
Old 03-16-16, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
Why would you send a nasty email right off the bat? Shit happens, give them a chance to fix it before getting nasty.
Mainly to vent frustration that, after not receiving anything from them for ten, then twelve days, I had to email them twice to get a response as to where my order was and was told that it had been sent via Media Mail. There's also the fact that, according to post office shipping records, at the time of that email, my shipping label was still two days away from even being created, and the email was sent four days ahead of when my package was actually picked up from the Mill Creek warehouse by the post office. I don't like to be lied to--if my order hasn't been filled yet, tell me it hasn't been filled yet and give me a reason why. I'll understand. To make it seem like the package is already on the way when the order hasn't even been filled yet doesn't sit well with me.

I guess that your definition of "right off the bat" and mine don't jibe.
Old 03-16-16, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by coyoteblue
You might want to send them an email and check on things.
Old 03-16-16, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Sent them a 'Has my order shipped?' email shortly after posting.
Old 04-26-16, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had ordered a few items during the sale, but 4 of these were missing. I contacted Mill Creek....numerous times. They kept claiming they were going to send the missing ones out. Right. Those missing DVDs just showed up the other day----2 months after the order was placed! Excellent DVDs, lousy service!!