Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Mill Creek Direct: FINALSALE

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-16, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 731 Likes on 523 Posts
Re: Mill Creek Direct: FINALSALE

Originally Posted by Masterkaga
I have been trying and trying to get free shipping. It just won't let me. Anyone having any luck?
I got free shipping on my order. It has to be $50 or more *after* the discount is taken off.
Old 03-03-16, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welp, got my order in a somewhat decent sized cardboard box with no packing material at all. As a result, two of the cases were completely trashed including the 2 disc for 10th Kingdom. Thankfully, I did have replacements and no discs were damaged (a small rip in one of the coverarts, but I'll live). But they also included for free, 4 blu-rays from their National Park series. Brand spanking new.

Now because my wife was looking at me wondering why I got 9 blu-rays, I promptly gave the park ones to my father who happened to be visiting. But it's an extremely nice gesture. I'm happy with my order overall, and that's one more dvd (10th Kingdom) and a big case at that that I'm glad to throw on the sell pile. I tried giving the dvd away to my dad too, but alas he doesn't like fantasy.
Old 03-03-16, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Same here, got 5 extra blurays on top of what I ordered, still have two more orders coming, so we'll see what extra grab bags, I get with that!
Old 03-03-16, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 251 Posts

Nice score for everyone who ordered!

The extras almost convince me I should have picked up something.
Old 03-04-16, 09:19 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Got my blus in the mail yesterday. On the label above my name it said Twilight Time? Not sure why it said that.

And to make it more exciting, they gave me a free blu ray!! Granted, it's about National Parks. I guess they were cleaning out the warehouses. And I found this funny, an ad for Mill Creek Direct right on the disc.

Old 03-04-16, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Nice score for everyone who ordered!

The extras almost convince me I should have picked up something.
I was very close, but couldn't quite enough to get me to the free shipping mark. Should have made it happen. Oh well. The real reason I was bothering was the update to the 10th Kingdom, so I'll just pack that up later. That Frankenstein one seemed interesting as well, but I had never even knew it existed before I saw it on the site.
Old 03-04-16, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 908 Likes on 763 Posts

If I remember correctly, those National Park Blu-rays were returned stock from Costco. They popped up in large quantities at the warehouse chain a few years ago.
Old 03-08-16, 07:50 AM

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

...and I still haven't received my order yet. A friend here in town who ordered a day or two after I did has already gotten his order in, yet I can't even check my account at the website. See what I mean:

https://www.millcreekdirect.com/

Old 03-08-16, 08:13 AM
Banned by request

Just contact Mill Creek customer service. They should be able to give you an update.
Old 03-08-16, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Just contact Mill Creek customer service. They should be able to give you an update.
I emailed 'em Saturday. Still no response.
Old 03-08-16, 12:37 PM
Banned by request

You could try [email protected]. That's what was on my invoice. You can also call them at (866)410-9000.

http://www.millcreekent.com/contact-us
Old 03-08-16, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 731 Likes on 523 Posts

I was about to contact them as I'd not received any word or my order (placed the next to last day of the sale) when I get home yesterday to find a huge box at my door.

As most of the BD I wanted were gone by the time the site came back up I'd ordered mostly DVDs - and got some good deals. My box had *5* bonus DVD titles. A couple are pretty worthless looking "bad" kids animated films collections but the other 3 are not too bad. They included the Earnest 3-film DVD (which I already have - but I'll give the new one to the grandkids since they like the films), a interesting sounding Betty White compilation of a pair of early(? haven't researched them yet) TV shows she was in, and a 20 film smorgasbord of family films, some of which sound interesting enough for at least one viewing.
Old 03-08-16, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me I didn't get any bonus Blu-rays but it might have been because I didn't order any. Instead of sending the Johnny Test S5 DVD I ordered, they sent the Seasons 1-5 collection and also threw in 2 extra DVD sets--some 40-episode Betty White thing and some 11 hour Mob documentary collection.
Old 03-08-16, 07:36 PM

You could try [email protected]. That's what was on my invoice. You can also call them at (866)410-9000.

http://www.millcreekent.com/contact-us
I used the second email address that you listed, as the first one is the one that I used Saturday and from which I received no response.

I tried calling first, but I got a recording telling me that all of their reps were on other calls and that, if I'd like to leave a phone number, they'd call me back. So I hung up.

I received a reply to the second email address within minutes, and was told that they had sent my package media mail and that I needed to give it a few more days. Sales rep Matt said, "I don’t have a tracking number immediately available, but if you sign up at https://www.usps.com/manage/myusps.htm,
you’ll be able to get notifications for any and all packages you receive through the postal service in the future."

Thanks for the help, trespoochies. I guess that I have no choice but to stay in suspense a while longer.
Old 03-08-16, 09:15 PM
Banned by request

Sheesh, he didn't have a tracking number available? Well, at least he replied. Hope you get your stuff soon.
Old 03-09-16, 11:47 PM

Sheesh, he didn't have a tracking number available? Well, at least he replied. Hope you get your stuff soon.
You wouldn't still happen to have the box that your Mill Creek stuff came in, would you, trespoochies? Or maybe a packing slip?

I took Matt the customer service rep's advice and signed up for My USPS, and there's a package that is on its way to me, shipped Media Mail, that could be from Mill Creek, but this package is coming from New York State and Mill Creek is in Minnesota.

This package is due on Saturday, and it's coming from Massena, NY. Do you know if that's where your package came from? (Sorry to be beating a dead horse here, but if this IS the right package, it wasn't even shipped until two days ago.)
Old 03-10-16, 08:27 AM
Banned by request

I'm fairly certain the package did come from Massena, NY. When I get home from work today, I'll check the box. I do still have it. Sounds like they were just slow to get yours shipped out.
Old 03-10-16, 12:35 PM

I'm fairly certain the package did come from Massena, NY. When I get home from work today, I'll check the box. I do still have it. Sounds like they were just slow to get yours shipped out.
Thanks for checking, but don't put yourself out--it'll be here Saturday anyway, and I don't mind waiting to find out. At this point, it's becoming somewhat of an adventure.

Again, thanks for all the help.
Old 03-10-16, 05:16 PM
Banned by request

Ha, no worries. But I hate to be the bearer of bad news - sort of. Address on the packing slip is from MN. But that's the direct warehouse. They may be sending you your package from Mill Creek's, not their direct warehouse. I hope. I guess you'll know come Saturday.

Old 03-11-16, 04:49 PM

^^Actually, tres, I know today, because that package from Massena came in today, and it was...a package from Swap-a-DVD.

However, a new package has shown up in my ship queue at My USPS, and it's shipping Media Mail from zip code 55427, which is the zip code that your package came from. The ONLY other thing that I've ordered that it could be is something that I bought from eBay from a seller named eStocks. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it's the Mill Creek Package and not that copy of The Lego Movie from eStocks.

It has no expected delivery date listed. The label was created yesterday afternoon.
Old 03-11-16, 08:35 PM
Banned by request

The story continues...
Old 03-15-16, 04:19 PM

So here's the latest:

The box from Mill Creek came in today. Like everyone else, my discs were thrown into an oversized box with no padding of any sort. I can deal with that.

UNLIKE everyone else, I got NO (nada, zero, zilch, 0) bonus discs thrown into the mix...but since they didn't even ship anything until two weeks after I placed my order, I wasn't expecting them to have enough leftover stock to be able to gift me with freebies. I'm okay with that, as long as everything that I ordered was here.

But of course, it wasn't. I ordered nine discs and, wouldn't you know it, I only got eight. I was charged for nine discs, mind you, but I only received eight. The Lady from Shanghai Blu-ray is nowhere to be found.

I just sent a rather nasty email off to Mill Creek. I'll report back if anything comes of it.
Old 03-15-16, 04:23 PM

And, within minutes, I received an email from Matt. He says that they're sending the missing disc out today.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though. It might take a while....
Old 03-15-16, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I have also been dealing with Matt, nice guy!

I'm still waiting on my first order to arrive...hoping tonight or tomorrow, since Matt said his paperwork showed that it was picked up by UPS on Friday.
Old 03-15-16, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Quack
I have also been dealing with Matt, nice guy!

I'm still waiting on my first order to arrive...hoping tonight or tomorrow, since Matt said his paperwork showed that it was picked up by UPS on Friday.
I feel your pain, Quack! Matt has been very helpful, unlike the other dunderheads at Mill Creek. I hope that you get your stuff real soon!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.