Wilki was borrowed fron B&N thread for some reason
Print Wikipost

EAA Charity Sale - Deals on Shout factory, Warner, Criterion, others

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-18, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: EAA Charity Sale - Deals on Shout factory, Warner, Criterion, others

I'm done. It's a great cause and I'd love to help but these were all vanity titles for me anyway.
Old 12-06-18, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

At this time, each page is taking about 5 minutes to load for me. I can get to cart, but when I go to checkout, it makes me log in again, & then bounces me to the home page.
Old 12-06-18, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The most frustrating part for me is that I can now get to my cart fairly regularly, but there are duplicates of a title where I guess it processed just as it crashed and I didn't know. It won't allow me to update my cart but items are selling out on me while I repeatedly try.

Transformers Animated just sold out, btw.
Old 12-06-18, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I gave up. After getting to the check out page twice the order wouldn't complete and took me back to the sign in page. The cart was then empty the second time I got kicked back to the sign in page. I didn't get an email confirmation so I assume the order did not go through.
Old 12-06-18, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps they can buy a good server in 2019 with all of their donations.
Old 12-06-18, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I started trying a couple of hours, refreshing off and on. Order just went through. From the time I started the only thing in my order that went OOS was Teen Wolf, which was a meh purchase anyway.

Glad to get the Deuce which I missed at BB on Black Friday. Also, thought the Agatha Christie Marple collection on DVD was a good deal.
Old 12-06-18, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I *finally* just got my order to go through after playing with it on and off all night. Thankfully it seems I got stuff no one else was interested in.
Old 12-06-18, 06:18 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Did the free item show up on your email confirmation?
Old 12-06-18, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by dex14
Did the free item show up on your email confirmation?
Yes, my email order confirmation showed the free item with $0.00 as the price.
Old 12-06-18, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My free item also showed on the order confirmation with a zero cost.

I would consider it a painful process given I had to give up at one point with a full cart. So on try #2 I had to start all over much later which resulted in a couple items being sold out. But at least the price was cheap for the items I did get. But the order still took over an hour to complete.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 12-06-18 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-06-18, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So far, I can log in to my wish list, but it asks me to log in again on checkout & everytime doing so with MISC/Charity2018 brings me back to the home page. I've so far tried 1 pc, 2 browsers. I'm going to try 1 more browser & 1 more pc & than give up.
Old 12-06-18, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Are other people using Misc, or selecting a company name? Browser #3 on my main pc had the same results; I get kicked back to the home page.
Old 12-06-18, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Are other people using Misc, or selecting a company name? Browser #3 on my main pc had the same results; I get kicked back to the home page.
I used MISC on a pc with windows 7. It took about 35 minutes from start to finish.

Maybe pick another company and try it.

Last edited by DeepSleep; 12-06-18 at 06:45 PM. Reason: add'l comment
Old 12-06-18, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm On XP Pro. Am going to try my Win 10 pc (I HATE win 10).
Old 12-06-18, 06:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was so pissed, I forgot about the free item. And it was right in front of me. Don't know how many times I got kicked out of the checkout process.

Valley Girl $12
Teen Wolf $5
Big Love Complete $15
Game of Thrones S6 $20
Girls S6 $5
Old 12-06-18, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Win 10 Pro Edge browser exact same outcome. Since some are getting logged in, WTF am I doing wrong? $6 of my $25 has also sold.
Old 12-06-18, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Win 10 Pro Edge browser exact same outcome. Since some are getting logged in, WTF am I doing wrong? $6 of my $25 has also sold.

I use a DSL connection and it is slower than a real cable connection, but it worked.

I think it has to do with how far away you are from the server that hosts the website in milliseconds. The farther you are, the longer it takes and increases the chances of timing out.
Old 12-06-18, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
I use a DSL connection and it is slower than a real cable connection, but it worked.

I think it has to do with how far away you are from the server that hosts the website in milliseconds. The farther you are, the longer it takes and increases the chances of timing out.
I'm near Seattle. It isn't timing out, it's rather quickly kicking me back to the homepage everytime I try to log in. Other pages load slow, but not the log in. It's just not working! Oh well, EAA's loss more than mine this year.
Old 12-06-18, 08:32 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
Yes, my email order confirmation showed the free item with $0.00 as the price.
God damnit.
Old 12-06-18, 08:35 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I finally checked out but couldn't get quite a few of the ones I wanted. Had to get Mandela as free item instead of indignation, which I really wanted.. Had Chips and others. in my cart for hours but couldn't check out the whole time till now.
Old 12-06-18, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by g
I finally checked out but couldn't get quite a few of the ones I wanted. Had to get Mandela as free item instead of indignation, which I really wanted.. Had Chips and others. in my cart for hours but couldn't check out the whole time till now.
I probably lost about half my cart and quite a lot of the higher priced items from the first time I got into the system until I finally got checked out at nearly 9pm ET. At one point I had all 6 seasons of Girls and 4 Eastbound and Down, but by the time I actually got to the first checkout screen hours later over half teh seasons diappeared one at a time and I finally nuked them all when 6 of the 10 where OOS.

My biggest loss was Roots which I really really wanted and it went OOS about 45 minutes before I finally got to the Payment screen the first time.

I added the free item to my cart and it showed it was there no less than 6 if not 8 times, but every time I got to the checkout screen it wasn't there. I went back and re-added, deleted/re-added, or confirmed it was still there, but it never would show up at the final screen and wasn;t there in my order confirmation. I did send them an email and explained it in great detail and asked them to add it to their side of the order -- we'll see.

By the end my order dropped by 2/3 from where it was in my Wishlist and well over half from the last time i got to my cart due to hours of crashing and rebuilding it an item at a time.

I still have been able to retrieve my Wishlist I spent weeks tweaking right up until 1pm ET this afternoon
Old 12-07-18, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One last try, still the identical outcome.
Old 12-07-18, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I probably lost about half my cart and quite a lot of the higher priced items from the first time I got into the system until I finally got checked out at nearly 9pm ET. At one point I had all 6 seasons of Girls and 4 Eastbound and Down, but by the time I actually got to the first checkout screen hours later over half the seasons diappeared one at a time and I finally nuked them all when 6 of the 10 where OOS.

My biggest loss was Roots which I really really wanted and it went OOS about 45 minutes before I finally got to the Payment screen the first time.

I added the free item to my cart and it showed it was there no less than 6 if not 8 times, but every time I got to the checkout screen it wasn't there. I went back and re-added, deleted/re-added, or confirmed it was still there, but it never would show up at the final screen and wasn;t there in my order confirmation. I did send them an email and explained it in great detail and asked them to add it to their side of the order -- we'll see.

By the end my order dropped by 2/3 from where it was in my Wishlist and well over half from the last time i got to my cart due to hours of crashing and rebuilding it an item at a time.

I still have been able to retrieve my Wishlist I spent weeks tweaking right up until 1pm ET this afternoon
My first time buying from this sale.
I had the same problem.To many items in my cart to start,like 25 items,and I could not check out.Also the free movie would not add to my second order.

A few posted on blu....com that they had success with smaller orders but it still took a long time to complete.
Empty the cart and just added 14 movies.I was able to check out about 4 hours after the sale started.Got a free movie on first order,but it would not work on second order.A few items went OOS while checking out.

I did not have Roots on my list,maybe next year.
Really wanted Dexter,Vampire Diaries and the Bill Jack set.

Still got some great blu rays,DVDs and some CDs.
Their site is working better now.Still a lot of great deals.
Old 12-07-18, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had everything I wanted in my cart just prior to the sale start time. As soon as it went live I began checking out. I made it to the 2nd to last screen (shipping address) and could get no further for 4 and a half hours. By the time I was able to reach the final screen to place the order it went from everything in stock, to 11 of my 21 items sold out. Pretty much the ones I was ordering for to begin with.

As to the number of items in the cart having anything to do with it, I don't agree. Others on 'the other' forum with the same or more than I had were able to check out. It was just luck of the draw with so many hitting the site.
Old 12-07-18, 02:32 PM

It took me six hours straight of trying yesterday but I finally got through the checkout process. 7 items were sold out by that time that I wanted and my free item was removed during the checkout process (I guess they sold out of that too). I did get a few good deals but the main stuff disappeared from my cart throughout the nightmare ordeal.

FYI - A few items are available again today. I didn't really want to place an additional order and pay the high shipping cost again but I told myself it was for charity.

Bill and Ted and Transformers Animated movie are both back in stock as of now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.