Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Cinderella (Diamond Edition) (Best Buy Exclusive) Viva Metalbox $7.50 Pre-Sell

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-12, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Cinderella (Diamond Edition) (Best Buy Exclusive) Viva Metalbox $7.50 Pre-Sell

All 5 of my area stores showed none left. One store showed 6 in-stock, but zero available. He said that means they were all being held for in-store pickup.
Old 09-04-12, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Cinderella (Diamond Edition) (Best Buy Exclusive) Viva Metalbox $7.50 Pre-Sell

Still plenty in my local store.
Old 09-04-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I was able to pick up Cinderella and Avengers on Sunday. $10 for both after a reward zone coupon.

I really wish I had the rest of the Disney films in Steelbooks/metal books/whatever books. They look so much nicer, however they are cost prohibitive looking for them.
Old 09-04-12, 10:05 PM

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by xage
Meaning In-Store Pickup will not provide future $7.50 OFF to a Cinderella Blu-ray purchase at Bestbuy.

Purchasing from Bestbuy.com = You are simply buying the CASE
Not true...I did In-store pickup for beauty and the beast and it took the money off the blu-ray when it came out.
Old 09-05-12, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JayTL
Not true...I did In-store pickup for beauty and the beast and it took the money off the blu-ray when it came out.
But you probably did in-store pickup for both the case AND movie, as part of the same online order. If you do pickup for only the case, I don't see how you could get money off on the movie. However, this can likely be resolved by returning and re-buying the case at customer service. But I believe you can't do it the same day you do the in-store pickup. You have to go back a different day to return it, and re-buy it (based on my prior in-store pickup experiences, they can't do same day returns, but perhaps they have fixed the system since my last altercation)

Last edited by kenbenobi; 09-05-12 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-05-12, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked Bestbuy.com and it showed Bestbuy at west convina, CA has it in stock. So I went there, I couldn't find it. I ask the sales associate and she checked the computer and said none in stock. So I went home, place an order online and chose in store pick up for the west convina store. Later I got an email saying the Cinderella case is ready for pick up.

The only one I could find is the Avenger case. I checked 3 BB stores, none in stock and you can't order online.

I did get credit toward the purchase of the blu ray when it comes out. You need to bring the receipt and the blu ray movie to customer service to get credit.

Updated: I talked to the BB CS today. Confirmed that if you ordered online and picked up from the store, you need to bring the receipt and the movie to customer service to get credit.

Last edited by AlexOi; 09-06-12 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Updated.
Old 09-05-12, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 647 Likes on 465 Posts

I order this when it first went online at bb.com. It was in Process until yesterday when it became back ordered.

Went in the store today and found about 15 and bought them all. HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Just kidding.
No I only bought two. Canceled my online order.
Old 09-07-12, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

About 6-7 of Cinderella and Avengers in my store. Depending on the price when released I will either get it at BB or if not at my price point, bring the receipt back for my refund and keep the case (as per the instructions on the case).
Old 09-08-12, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My online order was changed to backorder, so I called and had it changed to pick up in store .. Wish that they would do more Disney movies like this here in the US
Old 09-08-12, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by xage
First Batch - Steelbooks

2nd Batch - Metal Box

3rd Batch - Metal Box

My turn.

Old 09-10-12, 08:20 AM

There were still about 5-7 Avengers, and Cinderella each at the store. Avengers were scattered in two different places. There was a sign in the front of the store "limited quantities no rainchecks" They both look cool - hoping the price at BB is decent on release day. ( if it is within a couple of $$ I may stick with BB)
Old 09-14-12, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 292 Likes on 218 Posts

Damn. I've been cutting down on my purchases so haven't hit this forum as much. But for Disney release week I gotta stay on top of things, thanks for this topic.
Old 09-14-12, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 260 Likes on 186 Posts

Did an availablity check for my local BBs (Thanks for the OP link) and put one on in store pickup.
Old 09-18-12, 08:20 AM

I pre-ordered Cinderella at the Disney store. Received 4 Cinderella lithographs - they are nice.
Price was 24.99 plus you get $10 gift card to be used at Disney within two weeks after release. ( it is $10 off anything or $20 off 40 purchase). So net cost 14.99, will see if a disney coupon shows up later.

They also had the same deal for Avengers ( 4 lithographs and gift card)

(Yes I have the BB steelbook too - but disney movies can always be given as gifts)
Old 09-18-12, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ If Disney has a coupon, can you use that at the Disney store? I don't know if they take coupons. I know it sounds like a silly question, since it is a DISNEY coupon, but I don't want to assume they accept it.
Old 09-18-12, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 703 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by soundman2
will see if a disney coupon shows up later.
Good luck. They did the same thing for Lady and the Tramp, and I never got the coupon. Nor did they ever reply to any of my emails inquiring about it.
Old 09-20-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 292 Likes on 218 Posts

I think I might just stick with Amazon's $21.99 price from April and get the case for like $8.
Old 09-20-12, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cinderellacoupon.com brings up the disneymovierewards.com site. They might have a five buck coupon up.
Old 09-21-12, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 260 Likes on 186 Posts

Finally picked mine up yesterday. Nice looking case.