Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-16, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

So I own Rob Zombie's Deluxe Halloween Edition films already and think I got a bonus disc, if I'm not mistaken on one of them. I also own Halloween 1 & 2 on blu-ray (Halloween 35th Anniversary Digibook and Halloween II 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray). With that already in my collection and buying this edition, what am I really missing outside of the Producers Cut? What kind of special features am I missing?
Old 10-20-16, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
So I own Rob Zombie's Deluxe Halloween Edition films already and think I got a bonus disc, if I'm not mistaken on one of them. I also own Halloween 1 & 2 on blu-ray (Halloween 35th Anniversary Digibook and Halloween II 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray). With that already in my collection and buying this edition, what am I really missing outside of the Producers Cut? What kind of special features am I missing?
Read the link that matty posted.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14709

It should answer all your questions as what I just posted above. Since this is not a Halloween thread, I suggest we not continue this discussion any further without annoying someone only looking for bargains from Best Buy.
Old 10-23-16, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Starting today, Best Buy has free shipping for anything until Christmas.
Old 10-23-16, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Starting today, Best Buy has free shipping for anything until Christmas.
They will now get a lot more of by business than Amazon (and others) that continue the minimum purchase levels. Even if a title is $1 more than Amazon, the option to that one item shipped for free puts them over the top. So sick of them wanting me to pay them for Prime or come up with their ridiculous minimum cart total.
Old 10-23-16, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
They will now get a lot more of by business than Amazon (and others) that continue the minimum purchase levels. Even if a title is $1 more than Amazon, the option to that one item shipped for free puts them over the top. So sick of them wanting me to pay them for Prime or come up with their ridiculous minimum cart total.
I wouldn't have a problem paying for prime if it wasn't a bullshit service. I used to pay less for prime, have no minimum orders and things would be shipped well padded.

Now prime is more expensive than ever, has restrictions on what you can get free shipping for and more than half of the time I end up getting that item refunded or replaced because of the piss poor packaging job.

I'd gladly pay the inflated price of $100 if prime ever went back to being the service it used to be.
Old 10-23-16, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

They are having a Horror BOGO. Not a lot of titles, but most notable to me was Ash vs Evil Dead season 1 for $24.99, although the only other titles at that price are Black Sails season 1 BD and Fear the Walking Dead season 1 DVD. $12.50 for AvED would be the cheapest yet, not counting the DVD Empire price error, right? How does BB handle it if you do a B1G1 and return one of them?

Last edited by joltman; 10-25-16 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-23-16, 02:19 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by BadNewsBeards
I wouldn't have a problem paying for prime if it wasn't a bullshit service. I used to pay less for prime, have no minimum orders and things would be shipped well padded.

Now prime is more expensive than ever, has restrictions on what you can get free shipping for and more than half of the time I end up getting that item refunded or replaced because of the piss poor packaging job.

I'd gladly pay the inflated price of $100 if prime ever went back to being the service it used to be.
Amazon adds services to Prime every other month it seems. It's worth it to me just for the video streaming, let alone the free books, music, Twitch, etc. Factor in maybe two hundred bucks in digital credits a year and I'm beyond good. But then, I've never had a shipping issue either.
Old 10-23-16, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As a guy who sells stuff and then it's shipped from Milwaukee, I understand how difficult shipping can be. If we give away shipping on small orders we don't make anything. Our stuff can be heavy so people can get stuck paying $50 shipping on a $100 or $150 pail of cleaner. But I don't make $50 on it so I would lose money by giving away shipping.
Old 10-23-16, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
I picked up the first season of Banshee for the same $9.99.

Saw Strike Back on the shelf as well for $9.99.
Originally Posted by trespoochies
Picked up The Knick. I'll give it a try for that price. Sucks the sale is only for first seasons though.
Originally Posted by joltman
They are having a Horror BOGO. Not a lot of titles, but most notable to me was Ash vs Evil Dead season 1 for $24.99, although the only other titles at that price are Black Mirror season 1 BD and Fear the Walking Dead season 1 DVD. $12.50 for AvED would be the cheapest yet, not counting the DVD Empire price error, right? How does BB handle it if you do a B1G1 and return one of them?
BB will probably just charge you whatever the discount was.

And that's the most pathetic Horror BOGO I've ever seen.
Old 10-23-16, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon

Maybe they should go back to a tiered service
$49 -59 a year for excellent shipping services (circa 2009-2012)
and 99-149 a year for all the added stuff for those who might use it,
I just want shipping. I don't give a shit about the other stuff. So I'm rethinking my renewal that comes up in December. $100 is just too high for a 3 day shipping perk.
Old 10-24-16, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
They are having a Horror BOGO. Not a lot of titles, but most notable to me was Ash vs Evil Dead season 1 for $24.99, although the only other titles at that price are Black Mirror season 1 BD and Fear the Walking Dead season 1 DVD. $12.50 for AvED would be the cheapest yet, not counting the DVD Empire price error, right? How does BB handle it if you do a B1G1 and return one of them?
Black Mirror?! Had me excited for a minute.
Old 10-24-16, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Amazon adds services to Prime every other month it seems. It's worth it to me just for the video streaming, let alone the free books, music, Twitch, etc. Factor in maybe two hundred bucks in digital credits a year and I'm beyond good. But then, I've never had a shipping issue either.
I don't stream, but curious what's the story on free books? Are you talking about the Kindle unknown authors program, or.......
Old 10-24-16, 05:31 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I don't stream, but curious what's the story on free books? Are you talking about the Kindle unknown authors program, or.......
https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/05/...prime-reading/
Old 10-24-16, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JimRochester
As a guy who sells stuff and then it's shipped from Milwaukee, I understand how difficult shipping can be. If we give away shipping on small orders we don't make anything. Our stuff can be heavy so people can get stuck paying $50 shipping on a $100 or $150 pail of cleaner. But I don't make $50 on it so I would lose money by giving away shipping.
Coming from a similar position, though I do offer the fake free shipping on ebay, just wait until we have to start collecting & doing the accounting on sales tax for every state. If that happens, I'm done.

As it is, I have to track the amount, Tax % (it varies) & zip code for every in state sale I make. Fortunately, this year there have been very few; I may not have to hire an accountant & pay $30-$50 in accounting fees for in state sales.
Old 10-25-16, 12:52 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Cool. I didn't even know about that third route to free reading, I was just referring to the first two monthly freebies.
Old 10-25-16, 06:14 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
Black Mirror?! Had me excited for a minute.
Oops, sorry about that, fixed it in my post.
Old 10-27-16, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Best Buy has The Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversary Blu-ray for $16.99. That's $3 cheaper than it's ever been at Amazon. And I guess that's a pretty good price for Shout Factory titles?
Old 10-27-16, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Best Buy also has (Shout/Scream Factory) Carrie for 19.99, The Thing for 17.99 and the Bill & Ted Collection for 27.99. I grabbed both Carrie and Bill & Ted yesterday, already have The Thing from a few weeks ago. Better prices than Amazon.
Old 10-28-16, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
Best Buy has The Transformers: The Movie 30th Anniversary Blu-ray for $16.99. That's $3 cheaper than it's ever been at Amazon. And I guess that's a pretty good price for Shout Factory titles?
Buy it, that Transformers set is largely perfect.
Old 10-31-16, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just went to BB; they emailed me a $5 off coupon. I had planned to buy something inexpensive. I spent over an hour there & couldn't find a thing (CD, DVD or blu-ray). PATHETIC.

I also have a 10% off coupon........... doubt it will be used either.
Old 10-31-16, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I just went to BB; they emailed me a $5 off coupon. I had planned to buy something inexpensive. I spent over an hour there & couldn't find a thing (CD, DVD or blu-ray). PATHETIC.

Even though it says it's a store only coupon you can use it online (I'm guessing it's one of the mystery amount codes/coupons). Put what you want in your cart and checkout as a guest. On the payment page scroll down to the "enter a coupon code" part and put your account number from the coupon and the code in the appropriate fields. It'll take the coupon amount off your total. With the current "free shipping on anything until Jan. 1st" offer you also get free shipping.

I used mine that way to get a BR they don't have in the local store.
Old 11-02-16, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Best Buy has had a few decent sale items over the past few months in stores. The best deals now are usually in the temporary stands near the front or in the aisles.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 11-02-16 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-02-16, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Somewhat off topic, but I closed my Best Buy CC account about a month ago. The first rep I talked to, apparently "forgot" to reverse the annual fee. So, I get a statement with a payment due as the balance is only the annual fee. I had to call again, request the fee be reversed, and so goes my experience with CitiBank and Best Buy. Hopefully this will get sorted out, but CitiBank is the worst company I've dealt with, and pairing with Best Buy, is just insane. I was with them for over 9 years, they never increased my credit limit, nor did they want to waive the annual fee to keep me as a customer. Most of my movie purchases are now Amazon and eBay.

Best Buy must have a technique to actually figure out how the most painful way to make a purchase from them can be.

Holiday sales will probably get my attention, as they normally will be over the $35 threshold for free shipping, but I haven't bought anything from them for about a year now.
Old 11-02-16, 10:54 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Even though it says it's a store only coupon you can use it online (I'm guessing it's one of the mystery amount codes/coupons). Put what you want in your cart and checkout as a guest. On the payment page scroll down to the "enter a coupon code" part and put your account number from the coupon and the code in the appropriate fields. It'll take the coupon amount off your total. With the current "free shipping on anything until Jan. 1st" offer you also get free shipping.

I used mine that way to get a BR they don't have in the local store.
Thank you.
The correct instructions are:
1. check out as a guest (this is important because if you are logged in, your reward certificate option will be disabled with a message saying 'no reward certificates found')
2. when you enter payment options page, scroll down to where it says 'enter a reward certificate'
3. when prompted, enter your 'Member Id' on the top and the certificate number on the bottom (these two can be found on the right side of your printable certificate which you get to by clicking the appropriate link in your email offer)

Seems like most people received a $5 off no minimum promotion
Old 11-02-16, 10:55 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Holiday sales will probably get my attention, as they normally will be over the $35 threshold for free shipping, but I haven't bought anything from them for about a year now.
They started free shipping a week ago - don't need the threshold. Runs through Dec 24th.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.