Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 10:13 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
Re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

It's still only $9.96 at Walmart and Amazon.
Old 12-03-20, 09:03 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
it was a Black Friday price, available Online and in-store from Nov. 22-29. Amazon probably matched too.
Yes, Amazon did match for most of that time. I think it sold out, but I was able to get a copy. The original ship date was supposed to be the end of December, but I got it last weekend.
Old 12-11-20, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

For those who looked for Stargirl Season 1 during normal Black Friday Cyber Monday sales (like I did) and didn't find it on sale, it is $13.99 at Best Buy today.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dcs-sta...?skuId=6425340
Old 12-12-20, 09:14 PM
Cool New Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stargirl Season 1 Blu-ray is price matched on Amazon.
Old 12-20-20, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Forgive me for not bringing this up before, but has anyone else been receiving random Best Buy bonus certificates lately?

Not sure if it's related or not, but I bought a laptop from BB in October. Prior to that, I hadn't done too much shopping there. One, the location is 30 minutes away and as most are aware, their media section has been downsized significantly at most stores.

Over the last 2 months, I've lost track of how many $5/$10 certificates I've received as part of what looks like junk mail. I remember the first one I received was only good for 2 days and I discovered it at 11 p.m. on the 2nd day!

Just today, I received an e-mail from them. The subject is "The Last Second Savings Event starts now". After opening the e-mail and scrolling a third of the way down, there's a banner that says I have a $10 certificate available to redeem good from 12/20 to 12/24. You have to click to activate and then it's on your account, I believe. I'm sharing so you could check for yourselves. I know BB used to randomly send these things out and it's always been YMMV. 99% of the time, I never got any. Now I'm getting something all the time and I don't want to jinx myself. I don't know if my purchase in October triggered something or not, but I'm not complaining.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 12-20-20 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-20-20, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I, too, have been getting a lot of certificates lately from Best Buy but it seems to be from my excessive spending there. Maybe I need to buy less from them and get more free rewards. Thanks for posting about this.
Old 12-20-20, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Random ones? Hell, we haven’t gotten any of the ones we should have gotten. Between that and the terrible experience I had recently, I’m done with spending money there.
The following users liked this post:
Mickactual (12-22-20)
Old 12-20-20, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Forgive me for not bringing this up before, but has anyone else been receiving random Best Buy bonus certificates lately?
I used to get these every so often, but I haven't gotten a single one this holiday season -- and whenever I see people post about 'em on Slickdeals or that other forum, I always double or triple-check, but alas...

But they gave me $20 instead of $10 for Cyberpunk 2077, so there's that, I guess.
Old 12-20-20, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I got a $5 code last week but it’s not even worth it for that.
Nothing I can’t buy cheaper anywhere else even with that $5 off in BB.
Old 12-21-20, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I got a $5 code for the first time in years and years.
Old 12-22-20, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Best Buy has the Star Wars: Skywalker Saga box set for $149.99, which I believe is an all-time low. (Or at least it's never been lower...?) I took advantage of a stack of reward certs to get it for a little over $100 + tax, and it's apparently being delivered later today!
Old 12-22-20, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Got a random $10 Certificate earlier this morning. First time this has ever happened to me.
Old 12-25-20, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Another $5 certificate in an email today. Good through 12/27.
Old 01-08-21, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Not a deal per se but a USPS update. Seeing progress in USPS shipments that were given up for being lost in transit. I had an eBay sale shipped out on 12/8/20 with the last update on 12/9/20. Buyer requested a refund and when I checked tracking, there was an update on it from this morning. Similarly a BestBuy BF shipment that was given up as being lost in transit and subsequently refunded, showed up with a package update in my email this morning. So if anyone else is in a similar situation, check your package tracking before taking further actions
Old 01-10-21, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Not a deal per se but a USPS update. Seeing progress in USPS shipments that were given up for being lost in transit. I had an eBay sale shipped out on 12/8/20 with the last update on 12/9/20. Buyer requested a refund and when I checked tracking, there was an update on it from this morning. Similarly a BestBuy BF shipment that was given up as being lost in transit and subsequently refunded, showed up with a package update in my email this morning. So if anyone else is in a similar situation, check your package tracking before taking further actions
I just had a 2-day priority package delivered from the same date. The USPS is finally clearing out their hideous backlog.
Old 01-10-21, 09:57 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I had a few packages that I finally received after a month of no movement. I still have one Black Friday Blu-ray from Best Buy where the last activity was arriving in a Jersey City, NJ distribution center on December 2. I waited for all of my packages and never contacted the sellers, but at this point I'm thinking about contacting Best Buy.
Old 01-11-21, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
I had a few packages that I finally received after a month of no movement. I still have one Black Friday Blu-ray from Best Buy where the last activity was arriving in a Jersey City, NJ distribution center on December 2. I waited for all of my packages and never contacted the sellers, but at this point I'm thinking about contacting Best Buy.
Reading the message boards, New Jersey seems to be a problem for a lot of people. I've had a package in Mickleton that hasn't moved since December 22nd.

Update: Apparently a bunch of Diabolik orders trapped in New Jersey have finally made their way to Philadelphia. Don't give up hope!

Last edited by DWilson; 01-11-21 at 09:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
joltman (01-11-21)
Old 01-20-21, 01:20 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Since its been a slow few days sans deals, allow me to regale you with a story of 'fine' customer service, courtesy Best Buy store staff.

My order of 'Blade Runner 2049' 4K disc for $10 during the BF 2020 sale was shipped but tracking didn't move at all and 3 weeks later, BB.com refunded the transaction. Turns out USPS was sitting on it and last Tuesday 1/12, I received it in the mail.

Didn't sit well with me that I was sitting on a 'freebie', so visited the store at Westminster (SoCal) on 1/15 and told them what happened. At first the lady at the register didn't even seem to understand why I was there with a disc when the transaction had been refunded. Explained it to her again, so she took the disc back. I said I would like to purchase it, she called her manager, then rang it up and said, it will be $24.99. I asked why and she says 'thats the current price'. I asked her again - 'do you understand why I am here ? its out of goodwill to make a transaction right. I'd like to purchase it for the $9.99' sale price'. She calls her manager again, then tells me 'we cant sell it to you for $9.99 as it was a sale price' and tossed the disc back to their bin. No concern, no attempt to understand, complete abject indifference. At that point I thought I could have as well given it away to a Goodwill store but then rightfully, the disc was no longer mine as it had been refunded. So walked out of the store, noting once again why I rarely shop BestBuy other than during the BF sale or some deeply discounted media. Few things seem to have changed at BestBuy over the years.
Old 01-20-21, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

That's fucked up.
Old 01-20-21, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

It is. But I could understand the inability of the clerk to go off script like that. Heck, returning that thing probably creates a bunch of hassle for them as well and they probably just send it back with a bunch of paperwork. Letting you buy it again for 9.99 could've been a nightmare for them (unless she just pocketed the 10 bucks and risk getting fired or something). I applaud you for your honesty though.

Next time just buy something overpriced and not on sale from their website.
Old 01-20-21, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

I've always had good luck with the live chat feature on Best Buy's website. I would have tried there before going in store.
Old 01-20-21, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Corporate chains aren't set up for customer goodwill in any form. They don't design their systems for that possibility and most low-level employees are blocked from creative problem solving. That's why you should have just kept the "free" disc and instead purchased something else you may not have bought from Best Buy.
Old 01-20-21, 05:19 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I had an kind of similar experience with Best Buy online once before. I received a box with my name on the outside, but with someone else's order on the inside. I called them up and told them the problem, they asked for the order number of the other order based on the receipt inside, and I gave it to them. Then they told me to mail the package back on my dime, and they would refund me. I asked how they would refund my shipping costs if it was someone else's order. They said trust us. I said, I think I'll just keep it then. Then they said that they would charge me for that order. It kind of went downhill from there. I eventually just called their corporate office to complain about the CS guy and they said just to keep it (it was just a CD).
Old 01-20-21, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I would have kept it. Goodwill or not, but some multi-billion dollar corporation screwing up won't weigh heavily on my conscious. The time spent dealing with the employee, the drive, the potential exposure to COVID -- I'd say it was a loss in time and effort.
Old 01-20-21, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

I don't really understand what Best Buy did wrong there. Whatever the circumstances, you went into Best Buy two months late and asked them to charge you Black Friday prices. I mean, it's very honest of you to bring back the movie, but I think it's odd to expect them to honor Black Friday in January.

If you really wanted to keep the movie so much, I would have done the online chat, as others suggested. As I was reading the story and it got to the point that you were now asking to buy the movie, before I even read any further, I wondered why you would return a movie just to ask to pay more for it. I guess Best Buy employees wondered the same thing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.