Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

BEN HUR UCE Best Buy Exclusive -- 10.99 at B&M

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-11, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BEN HUR UCE Best Buy Exclusive -- 10.99 at B&M

Thanks SuperDaddy......I guess me living in Dallas...my chances have probably already passed...I don't know if I even want to attempt to call......that might be a nightmare
Old 11-25-11, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Unable to find a Ben Hur but the Citizen Kane Digibook seems very available. Price is not marked but Citizen Kane scans at $10.99. Was happy to get it after missing it on line.
Old 11-25-11, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No joy at the one I tried. Attempted to Jedi the UE, but they didn't go for it, though the next cashier said she'd sold a pair around noon. Drat.

Picked up Citizen Kane. I already have RKO241 so am I missing anything from the uber set other than the one-sheet cards?
Old 11-25-11, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I would have loved this as it's such a great movie and perfect for Blu, exactly the kind of picture Blu will showcase unsurpassed. Too bad I missed out on it, but happy for everyone who got it. Now plan a whole evening around screening it and enjoy!
Old 11-25-11, 04:32 PM
Premium Member

Received 703 Likes on 467 Posts

It's back ordered, but you can still place an order from their website for $10.99 (free shipping):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Ben-Hur%...Disc&lp=1&cp=1
Old 11-25-11, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Cow
It's back ordered, but you can still place an order from their website for $10.99 (free shipping):

Was just about to post this. I was able to order for in-store pick-up, but there's no guarantee my local stores actually have it anymore...

EDIT: I already got the pick-up email. Hopefully they pulled the right item, but I do have one being held at the store across town.
Old 11-25-11, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can also now do in store pick up! Search Ben Hur Ultimate and Citizen Kane and they should be your first available choices. Both are listed as $10.99 still, but Ben Hur is in fewer stores.
Old 11-25-11, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gave it a shot. Thanks.
Old 11-25-11, 04:42 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

was just about to order this. Placed 2 orders - 1 for pick up and 1 delivery and that way if my store has screwed up I'll be ok. If I end up with both, then I've got a Christmas present taken care of.
Old 11-25-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
was just about to order this. Placed 2 orders - 1 for pick up and 1 delivery and that way if my store has screwed up I'll be ok. If I end up with both, then I've got a Christmas present taken care of.
That's exactly what I did! I also bought Goodfellas Digibook for in-store pickup. That is also available again...
Old 11-25-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Cool! I ordered one. Only one store within a 50-mile radius had them, so there was NO WAY IN HELL I was going to select store pickup.

Ship it to me, baby.

And of course, Amazon still has it for $47.99 minus the figurine I'll be picking my toenails with.
Old 11-25-11, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the tip on the website. Got Citizen Kane to be at my parent's place so as long as I get the notification by Sunday (supposed to be in stock) I can pick it up. Got Ben-Hur for my home address so after work on Monday I can pick that up. Sweet deals.
Old 11-25-11, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Cow, thank you so much for the post about this still being available online! I ordered one immediately and am having it shipped for free to home. What great news! I thought I had missed out on this entirely. You just made my Black Friday!

CITIZEN KANE is still available though on backorder as well. Is there anything missing on this version besides the TV movie and AMBERSONS and all the knick knacks that I don't care about?
Old 11-25-11, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That's exactly what I did! I also bought Goodfellas Digibook for in-store pickup. That is also available again...
Is there any difference between the Goodfellas 2 Disc blu-ray for $10.99 and the one disc blu-ray that was on sale for $5.00 at Walmart?
Old 11-25-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not really on my must-have list (already ordered Citizen Kane which is what I really wanted), but at this price I'll try for it. Ordered one on the web site, and also ordered one for in store pickup, although the store nearest me that supposedly has it is about 40 minutes' drive away.

If by some miracle I end up with two, I'd be willing to offer the extra to whomever wants it, at cost plus shipping.
Old 11-25-11, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
CITIZEN KANE is still available though on backorder as well. Is there anything missing on this version besides the TV movie and AMBERSONS and all the knick knacks that I don't care about?
Nope, same BD (and DVD of Battle Over CK) that's in the box set.
Old 11-25-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Is there any difference between the Goodfellas 2 Disc blu-ray for $10.99 and the one disc blu-ray that was on sale for $5.00 at Walmart?
The two-disc, aside from being in a digibook, comes with a bonus DVD with a documentary (I believe it's feature length, but have never seen it) on gangster films. This DVD was previously available in one of the Warner gangster DVD box sets.
Old 11-25-11, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jacob_b
One review I read On Amazon said there is improved video. But DVDtalk's review says "this is a simple repackaging job, with the same 50GB Blu-ray disc packaged in a hardback-style "Digibook" with a second, standard-def DVD disc."

As for the new extra features? Not directly relating to Goodfellas, but could be interesting. From Jason Bailey's review:
Included is the feature-length documentary "Public Enemies: The Golden Age of the Gangster Film" (1:45:42). Narrated by Alec Baldwin and featuring copious clips and interviews with cinema historians, crime writers (including Pileggi), and filmmakers (including Scorsese), it's a truly outstanding doc and absolutely worth your time. The only problem is, it's nothing new; gangster movie fans will already own it, as it was included as a bonus disc for the Warner Brothers Gangsters Collection Vol. 4 set. Also included on the bonus DVD are four gangster-themed Warner Brothers cartoons: "I Like Mountain Music" (6:58), "She Was an Acrobat's Daughter" (8:34), "Racketeer Rabbit" (7:52), and "Bugs and Thugs" (7:11).

EDIT: Superdaddy beat me to it, but I have a bit more detail.
Old 11-25-11, 05:08 PM

Thanks very much!! I ordered one also, but shipped. Only store in my area supposedly has it, but I'm not gonna waste 2 hrs (drive and fighting crowds). I can wait until Christmas for it
Old 11-25-11, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Nope, same BD (and DVD of Battle Over CK) that's in the box set.
Thanks! I had to go for it as I don't really care about the TV movie, not worth the added expense. AMBERSONS would be nice, but that Amazon version is not going down to $10.99 anytime soon.

Great BF deals these two and don't forget to go through the E place for cashback, which is minimal, but every little bit helps.
Old 11-25-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks! I had to go for it as I don't really care about the TV movie, not worth the added expense. AMBERSONS would be nice, but that Amazon version is not going down to $10.99 anytime soon.

Great BF deals these two and don't forget to go through the E place for cashback, which is minimal, but every little bit helps.
I'm not much of a fan of these big box sets in general. The Gone With the Wind one is the only one I bought (unless my Ben Hur order comes through). I've gone with the cheaper versions of the Warner classics otherwise. Really pleased to be getting the CK digibook at such a great price. Even if it goes into general release later, it will be a while before the price rivals this deal.

EDIT: Just got shipping confirmation for CK. Cool!

Last edited by Superdaddy; 11-25-11 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-25-11, 05:39 PM

I checked this morning and I could swear it wasn't available at all online. Got in on the backorder now! Thanks so much for the heads up!
Old 11-25-11, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree with you Daddy about the box sets unless it's something like the PLANET OF THE APES Blu which has what is supposed to be an excellent, comprehensive book included. A lot of the stuff Warners adds to their boxes is either of trivial attraction or just out and out junk. I mean I am a stickler for original ad art on DVD cases, but in reality what am I going to do with a bunch of CITIZEN KANE post cards? That film never even had particularly good graphics in any of its original advertising so they are purely of historic appeal, not aesthetic. On the other hand the post cards that came with the old DVD SE of GOOD, BAD & UGLY were cool because they were of posters from around the world. Plus they came in a package that was a relatively normal sized DVD case, not a box.

Then again, I must contradict myself because I love the RIO BRAVO SE box set with the repro comic and other fun stuff, so it's not a hard and fast rule. But on the whole my focus has always been on a great transfer, a trailer and original art on the packaging. Those are the bare essentials for me.
Old 11-25-11, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

in reality what am I going to do with a bunch of CITIZEN KANE post cards?
Mail em out, and see what kind of strange responses you get!
Old 11-25-11, 06:00 PM

Thanks! I ordered Ben Hur and Citizen Kane for in-store pickup at my second nearest Best Buy. My nearest one didn't have Ben Hur, but had a bunch of Citizen Kane's.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.