Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Big Lots Blu-rays

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-16, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Big Lots Blu-rays

You guys make me want to sift through my unopened DVD's, and try to find some gold to sell... I boxed a lot of them up, to make room for BD's. I was buying WAAAAAAAAAY too many DVD's back in the day. I have a bunch of Big Lots ones I never watched...
Old 04-20-16, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

My local store had a cart near the front entrance with DVDs/BDs marked down 50%. I was excited to see it, but ended up leaving empty handed.

The BDs in the cart were originally $5 -- Wrong Turn 3, X-Files: I Want to Believe and Made of Honor. Funny that the regular display had some of these same ones, but not marked down. A large section of the cardboard display was empty. The optimist in me is hoping they're trying to clear some space to put some new things out. Probably not realistic, though.
Old 04-20-16, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

Thanks for the tip!

Just went to my store and saw the following blus (among others) for $2.50:

Wall Street
The Wrestler
Black Swan
This Means War
Juno
This is the End
X-Files 2
Old 04-22-16, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Based on the above response, I stopped in a store a little further from home since I was nearby. They had 2 shelves of clearance stuff as well. So it seems like it may be at all stores. Unfortunately, all I found at this one were DVDs.
Old 04-22-16, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

One store by me had a crummy selection of clearance 2-3 weeks ago. The other hasn't unless it sold through before I got there. I no longer go to any but the closest stores; though after a projected move next month, I'll have 2 different closest stores.
Old 04-23-16, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Picked up Cedar Rapids for $1.50 at a BL in upstate Mario Land aka NY.

Had a $1.50 sticker over a $3 one.
Old 04-23-16, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stopped by Big Lots today and picked up Brother's McMullen for $1.50 and Martha Marcy May Marlene for $2.50. They had a ton of Brother's McMullen and X-Files I want to Believe.
Old 05-12-16, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
My local store had a cart near the front entrance with DVDs/BDs marked down 50%. I was excited to see it, but ended up leaving empty handed.

The BDs in the cart were originally $5 -- Wrong Turn 3, X-Files: I Want to Believe and Made of Honor. Funny that the regular display had some of these same ones, but not marked down. A large section of the cardboard display was empty. The optimist in me is hoping they're trying to clear some space to put some new things out. Probably not realistic, though.

This same Big Lots has gotten some new stuff in. I found Lockout & Seven Psychopaths for $3. I had wondered to myself whether all of the marked down stuff mentioned previously had sold since I didn't see it. Then while wondering around the store, I found some shelves at the side of the store marked clearance. There were a few random DVDs and a copy of X-Files: I Want to Believe on BD now down to 75 cents.
Old 05-12-16, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
This same Big Lots has gotten some new stuff in. I found Lockout & Seven Psychopaths for $3.
There's finally a new display with a mix of $3 & $5 titles, those are 2 of them. Others include American Hustle, Casablanca $5, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Eat Pray Love, Gone with the Wind, some Insidious movies (I forget which), at least one Ip Man, Labyrinth, The Wizard of Oz 3D/BD $5 with lenticular cover.

Many/all are slashed, for those who care about that. I usually don't, but was disappointed to see that the Wizard of Oz I picked up had the slash go through the cardboard slipcase, into the Blu-ray case, and into the cover art. I still would have minded less, but it is the front cover that lines up with the back slip, so that's where the slash is. Otoh, I had a $5 off $15 coupon, so $3.33 each made it better.
Old 05-12-16, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Labyrinth in blu for $3 might make it worth buying the film for the 4th time (VHS, both dvd editions)
Old 05-12-16, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Labyrinth in blu for $3 might make it worth buying the film for the 4th time (VHS, both dvd editions)
It's coming out on UHD in the Fall, which is why we are seeing older editions being dumped.
Old 05-13-16, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Works for me. I have no plans to go 4k. Just bought my 1st 1080p set a few months ago & I love my Oppo 95.
Old 05-13-16, 10:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
There's finally a new display with a mix of $3 & $5 titles, those are 2 of them. Others include American Hustle, Casablanca $5, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Eat Pray Love, Gone with the Wind, some Insidious movies (I forget which), at least one Ip Man, Labyrinth, The Wizard of Oz 3D/BD $5 with lenticular cover.

Many/all are slashed, for those who care about that. I usually don't, but was disappointed to see that the Wizard of Oz I picked up had the slash go through the cardboard slipcase, into the Blu-ray case, and into the cover art. I still would have minded less, but it is the front cover that lines up with the back slip, so that's where the slash is. Otoh, I had a $5 off $15 coupon, so $3.33 each made it better.
I saw pretty much all the titles you indicated and picked up "Casablanca," "Eat Pray Love," "Seven Psychopaths," and "Thin Ice." Two were $3 and two were $5, so $4 a title not bad. Slash mark only made it through the plastic on "Casablanca," so just put in a new Viva and saved about $5—none of the other films had slash marks.... I had the film "Faster" in my hands with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and I passed....kinda wish I grabbed it now.
Old 05-14-16, 09:15 AM
Banned

As someone else posted, "Labyrinth" will be released on UHD and re-released on Blu-ray in a few months. The packaging will be superior in every way, sporting the original theatrical poster design. Not sure what, if anything, Sony has done to improve the image and sound. But if these things are not a big issue, $3 is a steal. I traded in this blu-ray version and I'm anxiously waiting for the re-release.
Old 05-14-16, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by AaronSch
As someone else posted, "Labyrinth" will be released on UHD and re-released on Blu-ray in a few months. The packaging will be superior in every way, sporting the original theatrical poster design. Not sure what, if anything, Sony has done to improve the image and sound. But if these things are not a big issue, $3 is a steal. I traded in this blu-ray version and I'm anxiously waiting for the re-release.
Unless I'm missing something here (Which is VERY POSSIBLE), I can't play 4k & I don't intend to "upgrade" in the near future.
Old 05-14-16, 08:58 PM
Banned

Unless I'm missing something here (Which is VERY POSSIBLE), I can't play 4k & I don't intend to "upgrade" in the near future.
It will also be released in this beautiful 30th Anniversary Blu-ray digibook edition. That's the one I plan on getting. For me, the packaging is an important element of collecting. Image and sound generally trump such decisions but I gladly dumped the original release of "Labyrinth" for the new digibook (I own nearly every digibook ever released). I have no plans of upgrading either my display or Blu-ray player. So, Blu-ray it is.

Last edited by AaronSch; 05-14-16 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-16-16, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The ONLY br in stock at the local BL is 3 copies of Cloudy With Meatballs @ $5
Old 05-17-16, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

It's collectors edition on that one, all day long
Old 06-09-16, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash

Finally saw a few of these today. Eat Pray Love, Angels & Demons, Boondock Saints II for $5.

Also found Get the Gringo (Dollar Tree recently had this for a buck if you were fortunate enough to find it) & Gentlemen Broncos for $3. I bought the latter as a blind buy.

I'm pretty sure the one I saw today was $5. It's very difficult to pick up anything these days for $5. If I receive a coupon soon, I might go back for it.
Old 06-09-16, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd probably pay $5 for Labyrinth on blu; but I wouldn't make a special trip.
Old 08-24-16, 07:05 AM

Big Lots Blu Ray Deals

There are bunch of Blu Ray's on clearance at Big Lots for $1.25. They are clearly marked as clearance with the $1.25 price.

I pickup up

Meet Dave
Damage
SWAT
Deception
Cheaper by the Dozen 2
The One
Gulliver’s Travel (BD+DVD+DC)
Southland Tales

I thought it would be good to have a Big Lots Blu Ray thread. There is one in the DVD section but many of us may not go there.
Old 08-24-16, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Big Lots Blu Ray Deals

There is a thread that had fallen back to page 2 since there hasn't been much to report: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...l#post12822616

I have 2 stores that I check on occasion. Both have had some things on clearance, but it's usually small amounts of DVDs. The most interesting thing I've seen recently is the 3rd season of The League for the same $1.25.
Old 08-24-16, 11:38 AM

Re: Big Lots Blu Ray Deals

[QUOTE=Cardsfan111;12881336]There is a thread that had fallen back to page 2 since there hasn't been much to report: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...l#post12822616

oops sorry - search mainly showed dvd thread.

Was trying to help Oh well hope people are able to find those $1.25 BD
Old 08-24-16, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is the Gulliver the classic feature length cartoon, or something else?
Old 08-24-16, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

It's the recent movie with Jack Black, which was in 3D and available that way separately but not in the edition Big Lots is selling.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.