Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Cars 2 coupon??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Cars 2 coupon??

Don't know about exclusives, but BBY will have a "save $7 when you buy Cars 2 combo pack and one of the following...

LE Blue Lightning McQueen remote control car 16.99
Toy Story Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack - $29.99
Toy Story 2 Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack - $29.99
Toy Story 3 Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack - $29.99
Cars 2 Video Game (Xbox 360 / PS3 - $39.99; NDS - $29.99)"
Old 10-27-11, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Interesting. If only there were any coupons for any of the TS 3Ds. There probably aren't any new additions apart from the 3D disc with these new releases, right?
Old 10-27-11, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
^ Any BBY exclusives with the 5-disc (apart from the preorder SB case)? Target's got the snow globe - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cars-2...Blu-ray/30161/ and WM has the Finn McMissile diecast car (not really an exclusive since I'm pretty sure it is available elsewhere on its own and it is the 2-disc version). There's also lego shorts - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Cars-2...Blu-ray/32205/ - which I don't know where or if it even is an exclusive. And lastly, but not important to me, WM has a version with an exclusive slipcover and a vudu digital copy (could be with the McMissile exclusive version).
Lego Shorts disc is exclusive to Toys R Us
Old 10-27-11, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Don't know about exclusives, but BBY will have a "save $7 when you buy Cars 2 combo pack and one of the following...

LE Blue Lightning McQueen remote control car 16.99
Toy Story Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack - $29.99
Toy Story 2 Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack - $29.99
Toy Story 3 Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack - $29.99
Cars 2 Video Game (Xbox 360 / PS3 - $39.99; NDS - $29.99)"
Too bad Mater's Tall Tales BD isn't on the list. I know it's really short, but I don't have that one and would like to get it, but there's no way I'm paying more than $10 after discounts considering it's not even a full movie. I'd like to hope I'll find it in an upcoming Blockbuster 5 for $20 used BD sale, but chances are slim. Who knows... I did find Crimson Wing once.
Old 10-27-11, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Lego Shorts disc is exclusive to Toys R Us
Thanks for clearing up that one for me. No stores locally for me, probably too high of a price on its own and probably not a worthy enough exclusive for me.
Old 10-28-11, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Awesome. I got it with the original $7 coupon ($24.99 price after coupon) and was considering canceling b/c I didn't realize it was the 5 disc version. All I need is the blu-ray and the DVD. But at $19.99, I'll just keep my order.
That's when you throw your BD 3-D disc on eBay, that's what I've been doing with the Disney releases when the 3-D version is the one with the coupon and best deals.
Old 10-28-11, 08:43 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
The Disney coupon is always only good for the 3D version (when the 3D version comes out the same day as the regular version), according to the wording of the coupon. Hasn't stopped people from using it on the other versions in the past though.
Hmm. I've used several Disney coupons and never noticed that. Maybe it was for movies that didn't have 3D on the same day.

Regardles, I REFUSE to give my money to support this idiotic 3D fad. I'll see if I can get BB to accept the coupon for the 2D version, otherwise I guess I'll pay their price for it.
Old 10-28-11, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ If Target is an option for you then you might have better luck PMing BB there and handing them the coupon. I've had times when BBY's registers won't "scan" the coupon and they have to look and read the coupon.
Old 10-28-11, 10:11 AM

^ If Target is an option for you then you might have better luck PMing BB there and handing them the coupon. I've had times when BBY's registers won't "scan" the coupon and they have to look and read the coupon.
Agree. That's a common complaint I hear with BB. When they do accept mfg. coupons (which is rare in my experience) they usually had to enter them manually since they don't scan. This prompts BB to scrutinize every word on the coupon hoping and praying for an excuse to say no, and they usually find it with the "may not be combined with other offers" line and they often told me that the current week's sale price is "an offer" and therefore the coupon cannot be used.

Much easier just to go to Target ,and as has been stated many times before, try going through the registers with whichever version you want. Chances for success are good. I just hope that Target gets reimbursed if someone uses the 3D only coupon for a non-3D version. If not, then this loophole will be closed soon. Since I like Target (so far) I would be unhappy if they got shortchanged. That was my local BB's manager's excuse for all of the coupon hell I've experienced... they claimed Disney stiffed them on most of their coupons so they just decided to say no. If that were true, then why didn't I hear stories about that nationally or numerous people across the country have the same problems? (i.e. I don't believe his story, especially when he claimed his local districts' coupon loss was somewhere on the order of several hundred thousand dollars... I doubt my district ever sold that many)

Last edited by Manzana; 10-28-11 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-28-11, 10:36 PM

I just went to print the Cars 2 $5 off coupon and it says "Sorry, this coupon program has ended". This is the first time I've seen the coupon dead before release date. I normally print them Friday night or Saturday morning.

Is anyone else having this problem, is Disney just having a glitch right now, or was it only printable for a couple days?
Old 10-29-11, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the same "Sorry, this coupon program has ended" screen. That's a first for me too.
Old 10-29-11, 09:50 AM

It must be working again. I just printed the coupon about an hour ago.
Old 10-30-11, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've installed the coupon printer before on my computer (Mac if it means anything) and it worked fine, but the past two coupons it's telling me it's not installed! I tried going through the process again, but it still acts like it prints but doesn't. Does anyone have any similar experiences and/or fixes?
Old 10-30-11, 11:50 AM

Anyone know if we can price match Best Buy's price at Target? I always have problems using DMR coupons at Best buy. I don't really care for the snow globe, but I'm wondering if they will price match because of this offer. I would much rather pay 19.99 than 24.99.
Old 10-30-11, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The link in the Best Buy ad doesn't work for me, but I was able to find the coupon at the Disney site. It doesn't say anything about Best Buy on the coupon though, will they still take it?

Also, can I use reward zone certificates with the coupon? I'd imagine I can, but I want to make sure before I cancel my Amazon order.
Old 10-30-11, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
...Also, can I use reward zone certificates with the coupon? I'd imagine I can, but I want to make sure before I cancel my Amazon order.
Just to be on the safe side, mention your reward zone certificate AFTER the coup successfully scans. i haven't read the fine print on the DMR coup, but if it says "cannot be combined with any other offer" - or words to that effect, and the cashier has trouble scanning it, he/she or the manager may not accept it after the other "discount" (it depends on how anal they are). Happened to me a couple of times at BB. i almost went manzana on 'em...
Old 10-30-11, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Also, for those who think they may buy $20 worth of Kimberly-Clark products (if you buy Kleenex, Huggies, Scott Towels, etc.), this is a mail in rebate for $10 back for purchasing any BD combo of Cars 2.

https://www.kcc.cr.kimberly-clark.co...ads/rebate.pdf

According to the rebate form, here are the mail requirements:
  • Proof-of-purchase tab or UPC from your Disney Pixar’s CARS 2 on DVD or Blu-Ray Combo Pack. Proof-of-purchase tab is located on the back of the product packaging just above the UPC code.
  • Proof-of-purchase tab or UPC from your Kimberly-Clark products.
  • Cash register receipt from Disney Pixar’s CARS 2 DVD or Blu-Ray Combo Pack purchase imprinted with store name and dated between October 30th, 2011 and January 31st, 2012 with purchase price(s) circled (photocopies acceptable).
  • Cash register receipt(s) from Kimberly-Clark purchase imprinted with store name and dated between October 30th, 2011 and January 31st, 2012 with purchase price(s) circled. Receipts from multiple retailers and transactions allowed (photocopies acceptable).
  • This original, hand-printed, completed certificate (no photocopies allowed).
I just noticed that this rebate only mentions the "Blu-Ray Combo Pack" showing a picture of the 2 disc edition rather than the 3D 5-disc edition.

Does anyone know if the Kimberly Clark $10 promo is meant to include the 3D BD pack as well? I'm dreading calling the toll free number to ask. Usually whenever I've called any toll free rebate center number I got someone in India who can't speak English and who had no clue what I'm asking about or just invented answers to get me off the phone (as in "that SHOULD work").
Old 10-30-11, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Best Buy will have the 5-disc Cars 2 3D on sale for $24.99 next week, so with the DMR coupon, that is $19.99, which is cheaper than the 2-disc set is going for (which in ineligible for the DMR coupon).

Plus you can add the Cars 2 Fruit Snacks coupon and Kimberly-Clark rebate above to make it cheaper.
I don't think Best Buy allows you to stack multiple coupons for the same item. I have always been able to use only one at a time. Have you had previous success using more than one coupon on the same item at Best Buy?
Old 10-30-11, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Agree. That's a common complaint I hear with BB. When they do accept mfg. coupons (which is rare in my experience) they usually had to enter them manually since they don't scan. This prompts BB to scrutinize every word on the coupon hoping and praying for an excuse to say no, and they usually find it with the "may not be combined with other offers" line and they often told me that the current week's sale price is "an offer" and therefore the coupon cannot be used.

Much easier just to go to Target ,and as has been stated many times before, try going through the registers with whichever version you want. Chances for success are good. I just hope that Target gets reimbursed if someone uses the 3D only coupon for a non-3D version. If not, then this loophole will be closed soon. Since I like Target (so far) I would be unhappy if they got shortchanged. That was my local BB's manager's excuse for all of the coupon hell I've experienced... they claimed Disney stiffed them on most of their coupons so they just decided to say no. If that were true, then why didn't I hear stories about that nationally or numerous people across the country have the same problems? (i.e. I don't believe his story, especially when he claimed his local districts' coupon loss was somewhere on the order of several hundred thousand dollars... I doubt my district ever sold that many)
Originally Posted by anu248
Anyone know if we can price match Best Buy's price at Target? I always have problems using DMR coupons at Best buy. I don't really care for the snow globe, but I'm wondering if they will price match because of this offer. I would much rather pay 19.99 than 24.99.
Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
The link in the Best Buy ad doesn't work for me, but I was able to find the coupon at the Disney site. It doesn't say anything about Best Buy on the coupon though, will they still take it?
The coupon link given in BB's ad redirects to the DMR site, so it is a Disney coupon. Since BB even shows the price WITH COUPON in their ad, they have to accept it. If they refuse, just show them their own ad.
Old 10-31-11, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Anyone know what the TRU price will be for the 3D version?

Also wondering if I should pick up some fruit snacks for the extra $5 coupon...
Old 10-31-11, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
Anyone know what the TRU price will be for the 3D version?

Also wondering if I should pick up some fruit snacks for the extra $5 coupon...
The big Christmas book or whatever it was from TRU shows $34.99 for the 3D version. I'm hoping it will be less than that on release, but I'm expecting that it won't be.
Old 10-31-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

best BUy for me.
$25 - $5 Disney - $5 rz - $7.50 prepaid steelbook = $7.50 otd
Old 10-31-11, 04:34 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
I don't think Best Buy allows you to stack multiple coupons for the same item. I have always been able to use only one at a time. Have you had previous success using more than one coupon on the same item at Best Buy?
I have not had back luck at Best Buy. For Lion King 3D I was able to use the Disney Coupon, the $5 off coupon from Subway, the $5 off coupon from Cars Fruit Snacks, along with a $5 rewards coupon. Maybe it is hit or miss per store or person, but I have not had any issues at my Best Buy store. Will be going tomorrow with a few different coupons.
Old 10-31-11, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by anu248
I price matched PofC4 at Target with the BB ad, even though they came with different exclusives. In fact, they price matched the BB ad price of $21.99 (which was in the big font with 'with coupon' in small font) and then I used a $5 coupon. I doubt that happens everytime, but you might wind up with Cars 2 for $15 at Target.

I'll be price matching at Target tomorrow.
Old 10-31-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
Yes. Just recently, as I posted in another thread, I was able to stack the DMR + Subway coupons for Lion King 3D, and the DMR + Fruit Snacks coupon for Pirates 4 3D. Plus I also used a RZ cert on each transaction, and had pre-order deductions for the steelbooks.

Originally Posted by RaMMaR
Just to be on the safe side, mention your reward zone certificate AFTER the coup successfully scans. i haven't read the fine print on the DMR coup, but if it says "cannot be combined with any other offer" - or words to that effect, and the cashier has trouble scanning it, he/she or the manager may not accept it after the other "discount" (it depends on how anal they are). Happened to me a couple of times at BB. i almost went manzana on 'em...
No, actually with the Best Buy system, you have to use your Reward Zone certificate FIRST. The Manufacturer coupons count as a form of payment, so if they enter those in, they're already in the payment phase of the transaction, and cannot add RZ certs at that point. If you try to add a RZ cert after the manu. coupon, they'll have to call over a manager to void the transaction, and then they start inspecting the coupon terms, and then you're just asking for trouble.

The order to do it for Best Buy:

Best Buy coupons > Best Buy RZ certificates > Manufacturer's Coupons

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.