Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Trade And Save - Oct. 9 - Oct. 29th

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-11, 11:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Trade And Save - Oct. 9 - Oct. 29th

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I picked up a couple hundred public domain titles for 5 cents a piece a couple of years ago. They sure come in handy in times like this. (Plus I get to keep the thincase)
Did they actually accept dollar store/PD titles?
Old 10-13-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by supermike07
They won't accept anything in a rental case right? I've got some previous rentals that I picked up at a closing Movie Gallery for 50 cents that I could unload...

I've also got a few duplicate retail DVDs sitting in storage that I need to dispose of, I was going to sell them to a local pawn shop but they only offer $0.50-$1 a title, so if I can get $5 for them through this promo I'll drive the extra 40 minutes to my closest store.
Did they actually accept dollar store/PD titles?

Yep. I take them out of the thinpaks and put them in old Blockbuster/Pawn store cases and turn them in. The cases have stickers and marks all over them and they don't seem to mind. Did it last time they had this promo as well.
Old 10-13-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally found a use for my 49¢ still-in-the-shrinkwrap copy of the Everybody Loves Raymond final episode!
Old 10-13-11, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Traded in:
Pulp Fiction (upgraded)
Matrix Reloaded (got it on Blu)
Batman Begins (got it on Blu)
Once Upon A Time in China (unopened)
Being John Malkovich
Passion: One Day Live

Picked up:
Pulp Fiction
The Big Lebowski
Inglorious Basterds
Avatar - Extended Collector's Edition
Donnie Darko - 10th Anniversary Edition
Tropic Thunder

I love this deal.
Old 10-13-11, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Im confused. I can turn in any damn DVD I have (like the crap I aint gonna watch that I got at a Pawn SHop for $1) and get $5 off any bluray I want?
Old 10-13-11, 09:05 PM

Also can I use 2 or more coupons on one item? IE using 2 coupons to get Grindhouse for $5?
Old 10-13-11, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Im confused. I can turn in any damn DVD I have (like the crap I aint gonna watch that I got at a Pawn SHop for $1) and get $5 off any bluray I want?
Well, not any Blu-ray you want. Just the ones on their list...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...3594900&loc=01

One coupon per movie. If you can find a manufacturer's coupon, you can combine that.
Old 10-13-11, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Traded in 5 hd-dvds tonight
Old 10-13-11, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

They won't accept anything in a rental case right? I've got some previous rentals that I picked up at a closing Movie Gallery for 50 cents that I could unload...

I've also got a few duplicate retail DVDs sitting in storage that I need to dispose of, I was going to sell them to a local pawn shop but they only offer $0.50-$1 a title, so if I can get $5 for them through this promo I'll drive the extra 40 minutes to my closest store.
I gave them a Blockbuster Previously viewed DVD and they didn't say anything and they gave me a $5 off coupon. I'd give it a shot if you have a lot of rentals.

Picked up--Pulp Fiction and Straw Dogs today. I hope they add more titles to the list.
Old 10-13-11, 10:16 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Can't even bother to read the first post in the thread?
Old 10-13-11, 10:37 PM

Going to have to take advantage of this, plan on picking up:

Blues Brothers
Big Lebowski
X-Men: First Class
Old 10-13-11, 10:55 PM
Cool New Member

if I remember correctly from the last time they did this deal, you can trade in any DVD that has a UPC code on it. so rentals are perfectly acceptable, but promos that you got for free may not have the UPC code, so check to make sure

I noticed that Friday the 13th comes with $10 in movie money to see Paranormal Activity 3 (opens Oct. 21). or, in the case of my theater, whatever movie I decide to slide in to. at $10 it's almost like getting the blu ray for free.
Old 10-14-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Classic  (especially when paired with your avatar)
Completely agree with you though.
Old 10-14-11, 09:53 AM

Also can I use 2 or more coupons on one item? IE using 2 coupons to get Grindhouse for $5?
Unfortunately, no. One coupon per item only.
Old 10-14-11, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by giant panda
I noticed that Friday the 13th comes with $10 in movie money to see Paranormal Activity 3 (opens Oct. 21). or, in the case of my theater, whatever movie I decide to slide in to. at $10 it's almost like getting the blu ray for free.
Heard from other people that the ones with Paranormal Activity 3 movie money were ringing up $14.99 while the ones that don't have it was $9.99. Let me know if anyone managed to get the ones with movie money for the lower price.
Old 10-14-11, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by consoleman
Heard from other people that the ones with Paranormal Activity 3 movie money were ringing up $14.99 while the ones that don't have it was $9.99. Let me know if anyone managed to get the ones with movie money for the lower price.

Could it make sense, if you do it on your own?

You know the best way to fight doubt or question in mind is by experiencing it?

Any difficulty in initiating such task? Just Curious???
Old 10-14-11, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Friday the 13th on blu has the exact same promotion. Ended up not pursuing the $14.99 version with movie ticket since their system won't discount it $5. Not worth the hassle imho and definitely YMMV.
Old 10-14-11, 01:45 PM
Cool New Member

I went today to York Pa only wanting Friday the 13th Part 3
They had none in the trade and save so I looked around and found one in the 3-d Blu section.It has the movie cash on it.
It rang up 14.99 so I explained it was part of the trade and save (I knew it was a different sku but thought I'd try)
The girl went back to the trade and save and brought part one back saying this was the one I wanted-the one I had was a 3d Blu and did not count.
After a little Friday the 13th history lesson she decided to give in.She had to manually change the price to 9.99 then manually take the coupon off.
I was lucky.

Last edited by Birdies; 10-14-11 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-14-11, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Yea... just seemed to good to be true to be able to rid of DVDs that I get for $1 and use towards something else. Is that ok and make ya'll feel better about being pricks? Yeeesh
Old 10-14-11, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by popcorn
Well, not any Blu-ray you want. Just the ones on their list...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...3594900&loc=01

One coupon per movie. If you can find a manufacturer's coupon, you can combine that.
Thanks for the list! I guess Ill go for Straw Dogs and Grindhouse. Too bad it cant be on any blu. I got alot of movies to rid of that Id turn in for blu upgrades. I also though that you needed to buy the blu of the DVD you turned in. So this helps. Heres to hoping they add more to the list!
Old 10-14-11, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ They did once already, from 116 to 140 I think, but mostly TV shows added. Still some time left though. Hopefully some will go on sale for $9.99 that aren't now too.
Old 10-14-11, 03:15 PM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Stopped in to the York, PA one, took my DVDs to the counter and the employee knew just what to do with them. She cut apart two coupons for my two DVDs (they had sheets of 2 x 2 photocopied coupons), I went over and found Big and Ferris Bueller, took them up with a .99 reusable shopping bag (needed something to get over $10 for RZ cert), gave the cashier my two coupons and RZ cert, and walked out paying a dollar and a few cents for 2 Blu's and a reusable shopping bag!
Old 10-14-11, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Birdies
I went today to York Pa only wanting Friday the 13th Part 3
They had none in the trade and save so I looked around and found one in the 3-d Blu section.It has the movie cash on it.
It rang up 14.99 so I explained it was part of the trade and save (I knew it was a different sku but thought I'd try)
The girl went back to the trade and save and brought part one back saying this was the one I wanted-the one I had was a 3d Blu and did not count.
After a little Friday the 13th history lesson she decided to give in.She had to manually change the price to 9.99 then manually take the coupon off.
I was lucky.
Same here. I picked up the 3 FT13 (1,2 and 3D) titles that were in the promotion. They had both the yellow upgrade sticker priced at $9.99 in a special section and in the regular section, there had 2 of the titles with the $14.99 price with the $10 Paranormal Activity Movie cash. I brought them up and they rang up as $14.99. I asked for a manager and explained I wanted the $10 coupon that should not change the price as it is promotional only. He looked at both, checked the contents and said that he agreed; it was silly to charge for a "free" coupon. He pointed out that the $10 movie cash just used a sticker UPC to cover the base UPC of the disks. He rang me up with the $14.99 titles and manually reduced them to 9.99 and gave me the $5 off. Seems like my store had a thinking manager instead of a drone.
Old 10-14-11, 04:50 PM

Well, I went to a different Best Buy to do a second run for $5 titles. It was the opposite of before. They knew exactly what to do, no questions posed, everything was fine. Then I checked out. I noticed the Kevin Costner Robin Hood was stickered and in the section and it would not deduct at the register. They tried to make me forfeit the original Halloween cause they forgot to sticker it. A "superior" was called. She proceeded to surf the kiosk website on the register, doing basic product searches, expecting it to give results about the promotion from product inquiry searches. It was so appallingly stupid, you had to be there. Finally, I said forget RH, and grabbed an alternate. I checked out without issue and the snarky knuckle-draggers were less than apologetic. The superior even carded me to be asinine. Damn you Best Buy.
Old 10-14-11, 06:45 PM

Since this deal is going through 10/29, I assume the only difference week to week is which BDs are on sale for a better price?

I was pretty amazed they were handing out coupons with the same barcode. Someone here already admitted to copying and using them, so I'm amazed BB doesn't have a lot of problems with that. Maybe they'll soon wise up and find a way to tie them to your Rewards account instead.

I traded in 3 things, but what I got were $5 DVD upgrades... nothing too exciting. I looked at the eligible titles link provided in this thread sorted by price and I just couldn't find anything else I wanted at $4.99 or $9.99 AC. I was tempted by Life as We Know It for $4.99, but reviews about it weren't exactly glowing (I haven't seen it but they say it's a very predictable and unfunny "rom com"). Then there's the Grindhouse double feature (which I also haven't seen) for $9.99, but I really only care to see Deathproof because I'm a Kurt fan. I saw a clip of Planet Terror with Quentin "F bomb" Tarantino having his private parts melt off in a behind view and that kinda put me off buying Planet Terror. Wait for cheaper, I guess.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.