Reload this Page >

Best Buy Trade And Save - Oct. 9 - Oct. 29th

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Trade And Save - Oct. 9 - Oct. 29th

Old 10-09-11, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Best Buy Trade And Save - Oct. 9 - Oct. 29th

^ Mr. n Mrs Smith is a bad movie, but u will probably get it for $4.99 anyways :P
Old 10-09-11, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets hope they take away some fullscreen movies that I had trouble unloading on craigslist
Old 10-09-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by indianajmb
True Grit 4.99
may go back for Mr and Mrs Smith if anyone can personally recommend it
I found it to be enjoyable, and I'm not a big Angelina Jolie fan either. Not the greatest movie, but a decent 2.5 stars out of 4, and for $5 I think its worth it.

I nabbed 'Pulp Fiction', 'True Grit', and 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith' for under $20 total. Great deal!
Old 10-10-11, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Am I losing it? I swear I saw Big on the list of eligible titles this morning when I looked. It was $9.99, and I also saw Big Lebowski for $14.99, but now it is $19.99. Then again I was pretty tired this morning

I already picked up Donnie Darko 4-disc last week for $6.99, but if I can get it for $1.99 when I go in the morning that would be great. Also plan on getting True Grit and possibly Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction. Grindhouse for $9.99 would be nice too if I didn't already have it. At least I only paid $2 more for it.

On the fence about Straw Dogs, Old School and Halloween.
Old 10-10-11, 04:49 AM

So I can turn in any dvd? or it has to be one of those eligible titles?
Old 10-10-11, 06:24 AM

I traded in 4 HD DVDs to get Pulp Fiction ($10), Straw Dogs ($5), X-Men First Class ($15), and Platoon ($10).
Old 10-10-11, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by sotra
Am I losing it? I swear I saw Big on the list of eligible titles this morning when I looked. It was $9.99, and I also saw Big Lebowski for $14.99, but now it is $19.99. Then again I was pretty tired this morning
You're not imagining. I looked at the list and know I saw Big on the list too. I might make it to BB later this week, but won't have time for at least 2 more days due to too many other things happening and that evil called work. Hopefully the few I'm interested don't go OOS or have their prices increased.

Originally Posted by nando820
^ Mr. n Mrs Smith is a bad movie, but u will probably get it for $4.99 anyways :P
It wasn't THAT bad, but this BD is the theatrical cut which was $5 at Walmart last BF, so $5 is about what it's worth.
Old 10-10-11, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The last time they did this, I traded in 5 cruddy movies but then had a rough time finding stuff to use the coupons on as they were either too pricey or things I already had or didn't want. I ended up on the last day of eligibility scrounging for something to use my last coupon on. On the plus side, I was able to use them with titles already on sale.
Old 10-10-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nando820
This is factually incorrect. Angelina Jolie has never been hotter (I wish she'd get back up to her weight here instead of the scrawny versions she's been since; who has three kids and gets skinnier?) and the brilliance of the movie isn't its noisy action, but the subtext of how a marriage is saved when the partners finally take notice of their shared interests. No, I'm not kidding.

The problem with the Blu-ray is that it's the theatrical cut and not the better Unrated cut and there is too much DNR which makes faces look waxy at times. I wish they'd put up the Unrated cut on Blu.
Old 10-10-11, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is True Grit ringing up at $9.99 in-store before discount? The ad says it is $19.99 before discount.
Old 10-10-11, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
So is True Grit ringing up at $9.99 in-store before discount? The ad says it is $19.99 before discount.
Yup, $9.99. It was on a trade-up and save display with a $9.99 shelf sale sticker at my local BBY.
Old 10-10-11, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by takingchase
So I can turn in any dvd? or it has to be one of those eligible titles?
"Any" non-adult DVD at each store's discretion. I was successful this morning with BBY's own 300 and HBO promo discs and even 2 that had no UPC codes and were never sold or given at any retail store (Disneyland promo disc mailed to me and some institute lecture DVD). As long as you have the original packaging and it matches with the disc you should be good.
Old 10-10-11, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I know Ferris Bueller's Day Off was on sale last week for $9.99. Anyone know is it ringing up $9.99-5 or is the ad correct and it's $14.99-5?
Old 10-10-11, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
You're not imagining. I looked at the list and know I saw Big on the list too. I might make it to BB later this week, but won't have time for at least 2 more days due to too many other things happening and that evil called work. Hopefully the few I'm interested don't go OOS or have their prices increased.

It wasn't THAT bad, but this BD is the theatrical cut which was $5 at Walmart last BF, so $5 is about what it's worth.
I found Big, but not online. It's in the flyer, but unfortunately I didn't find it in the store today. I doubt they will get it in by the end of this week and I'm sure it will go up in price next week and they will magically get it back in stock.
I ended up getting True Grit, Straw Dogs and Ferris Bueller for $4.99 each. Very decent deals on those. I also got Pulp Fiction for $9.99 which IMHO were one of the few good deals at that price point. I considered Jackie Brown too, but decided to wait for a lower price seeing as it is $10.49 at Amazon. Most of the other titles were so-so on my want list, already in my collection or I just were not interested in them. So I decided to try for the Donnie Darko 4-disc with the coupon. It seemed to work and they had no problem taking the additional $3 off, but when I walked out I noticed that the $5 did not take off on my receipt. The cashier tried to tell me that it had taken $5 off $14.99 (not true) and that it was the 1-discer that was $9.99 (true and according to list online is the title that should be part of the promo). So, I just returned it and got $10.61 plus $3 cash back for the coupon. So, I was trying to get it for $1.99 plus tax, but got it for $6.99 last week with the coupon and this brought it down to $3.99. Good enough for me.

I think the only ones left I might consider are Halloween (not sure if I will enjoy it; only seen parts of it), Hot Tub Time Machine (pretty good time waster; just not sure if I will see it again and/or if the special features are any good) and Platoon (very good movie, but I have the 2-disc DVD).

Sorry for the long post (even by Manzana standards ).
Old 10-10-11, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Edison
I know Ferris Bueller's Day Off was on sale last week for $9.99. Anyone know is it ringing up $9.99-5 or is the ad correct and it's $14.99-5?
$4.99 after coupon if you missed it in my long post. All titles seemed to matxh online prices.
Old 10-10-11, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Picked up Pulp Fiction and Grindhouse. I tried to do a PM to Walmart for Jackie Brown and do the trade-in, but got shot down. Oh well.
Old 10-10-11, 06:06 PM

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I picked up a few titles today with this deal and one of them was Forrest Gump. The price online and in-store (according to the tag on the shelf) is $14.99 before the deal, but the sticker on the slipcover quite clearly says:

$9.99
BD-FORREST GUMP

I didn't notice this price difference until after I bought the item and I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and had been able to get an extra $5 off on this one. I guess it might just be a glitch at that particular store, but if I can get Forrest Gump for $4.99 all the sweeter!!
Old 10-10-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
$4.99 after coupon if you missed it in my long post. All titles seemed to matxh online prices.
Thanks, missed that.
Old 10-10-11, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

"life as we know it" shows in the list as 9.99 which is 4.99 after coupon. Be aware there are 2 sku for it. I went in & saw it with a sign in front of it as 9.99. When I got t the counter it rang up as 19.99. the cashier did a price match (bizarre as it is on web & sign). Then the coupon wouldn't work. Took manager override as well after 30 minutes of research on their part & telling me they would do it "this one time" as if doing a favor.

Btw. After getting home, I looked the title up & there are 2 skus. One for 9.99 and one for 19.99. Go figure.
Old 10-10-11, 08:05 PM

Do the $5.00 off coupons expire on 10/29/2011?
Old 10-10-11, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got:

Friday the 13th 3-D
Grindhouse
Rambo
True Grit

Almost got The Big Lebowski, but I just got that bowling ball set a year ago and I'm fine with DVD quality for most things (42-inch tv, mediocre vision) unless I can upgrade for cheap. But that Lebowski blu-ray packaging is so nice in person it was pretty hard to resist.
Old 10-10-11, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Looks like the 3-disc Avatar collector's edition would be a good buy too, at $15 after trade-in.
Old 10-11-11, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Looks like the 3-disc Avatar collector's edition would be a good buy too, at $15 after trade-in.
If you have Blockbuster, they marked this down to $10, brand new, at stores that sell Blu-rays. I picked one up at $12.99 a while back. It may be on a display around TVs.

Watch out for the Best Buy trade-in promo being honored, everybody, as the employees are dangerously clueless. I got what I wanted after a thirty minute fandango.

They refused to give me the coupons at first, because they knew nothing about the promo and were trying to screw me over with the wording. First, it was select DVDs only for trade, I pointed to the ad with the word, "any". They were even gonna try to imply that I had adult titles. Best Buy is gonna go under one of these days.
Old 10-11-11, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
"life as we know it" shows in the list as 9.99 which is 4.99 after coupon. Be aware there are 2 sku for it. I went in & saw it with a sign in front of it as 9.99. When I got t the counter it rang up as 19.99. the cashier did a price match (bizarre as it is on web & sign). Then the coupon wouldn't work. Took manager override as well after 30 minutes of research on their part & telling me they would do it "this one time" as if doing a favor.

Btw. After getting home, I looked the title up & there are 2 skus. One for 9.99 and one for 19.99. Go figure.
One should be a Blu only and the other a Blu+DVD+DC copy.
Old 10-11-11, 08:03 AM

The BB I went to this weekend was clueless. They had a sign by the Customer Service area that I had to point to and I told them I wanted to trade in 5 DVDs. I asked them if I were to get 5 coupons. The girl behind the customer service desk said no, that I had to pick 5 Blu-rays now and they had to have the yellow upgrade stickers on them. I looked around the store and saw only 1 Blu-ray with a sticker on them and had to show them via their website that many titles were eligible. I selected 5 blu-rays and the girl kept saying she couldn't get $5 to take off on any of the titles. When she called over the manager, the manager was equally clueless saying since they were on sale, the $5 wouldn't come off. I asked him why anyone would trade anything in then if the sale price would always be less than the msrp price - the $5 trade-in. He just said "I guess they wouldn't.". Left the store empty-handed, wasting over an hour at their store. Probably will try another store, hopefully with employees who are not equally clueless but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's a wonder with all the promotions BB is running to attract customers, that their employees are so ill-prepared for them or even have an idea what they are from week to week.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.