Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Beauty and the Beast 3D and The Lion King 3D $8.00 coupons via Amazon.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-11, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Beauty and the Beast 3D and The Lion King 3D $8.00 coupons via Amazon.com

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Definitely not. Using DMR coupons at Target/Best Buy has been much cheaper than Amazon.
Not true even if you are trying to factor in those counterfit bunny munny coupons at target.
Old 04-26-11, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by quid squid
Read the text, it says "the Lion King," "the Lion King trilogy," and "Beauty and the Beast (3D Blu-ray combo)" 3D combo is not plural and sits within the title quotations. "the Lion King" does not specify 2D or 3D. You could say that B&B is listed as 3D to not confuse anyone with the already released 2D, so they are making the specification on that specific title, but they do not do it with the Lion King titles.
I agree with this. Twice the 3D is tied to B&tB in the email. If it is truly only meant for the 3D versions it's worded poorly.
Old 04-26-11, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard
Not necessarily, the coupon for The Incredibles was $10 a few days ago. And, thus far, Amazon doesn't have a coupon for the regular Lion King BD/DVD set, just the very pricey 3D and three movie sets (that are of zero interest to me, at least).

Even a $5 coupon at Target or BB might beat the Amazon pre-order price, not that I'd buy it at such a meager discount.
Granted they weren't catalog titles, but FYI the coupons for both Tron and Tangled were only for the 3D combo packs, they didn't have any non-3D coupon (although some reported the coupon working on non-3D releases).
Old 04-26-11, 11:09 AM

The actual coupons are only for the 3D versions. If the e-mail specifically said the 2D was eligible but there was no coupon then I can see arguing.

What happens when you click on the Learn More button in the e-mail? Does it take you to the coupon page?
Old 04-26-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Not true even if you are trying to factor in those counterfit bunny munny coupons at target.
STILL true if you count in the legitimate Bunny Munny.

So far, besides Bambi (which I got for a little over $6 shipped during the recent Amazon sale, but NOT that crummy preorder we all jumped on and made a big deal of several months back) I've gotten all my greatest deals in store.
Old 04-26-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The last time I got a Disney movie cheaper through Amazon than through a local store was Monsters Inc and whatever the other movie was that came out with it. You got a decent enough discount with the 2 pack but then you got more off when you emailed Amazon.

I still did a pre-order for the trilogy and I wasn't confused about 3D or 2D getting a coupon or not. It's pretty clear if you just read it and not try to dig into some deeper meaning.
Old 04-26-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm not interested in the 3D, but I don't mind to buy the combo pack as long as the price is right. I'm assuming there'll be a combo pack without the 3D disc as they've been doing, though it wouldn't surprise me if those non-3D combos aren't being phased out. I love the look of the Lion King trilogy box, but I honestly wasn't such a fan of the sequels that I feel the need to go whole hog for that release. The DVDs of those two are sufficient for my taste, but I absolutely have to have The Lion King itself on Blu-ray.
Old 04-26-11, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
STILL true if you count in the legitimate Bunny Munny.

So far, besides Bambi (which I got for a little over $6 shipped during the recent Amazon sale, but NOT that crummy preorder we all jumped on and made a big deal of several months back) I've gotten all my greatest deals in store.
99.9 percent of the people on here who used BUNNY MUNNY did not get it legitmately from the target mailing they got it from the counterfit scans on here that even say its not valid if scaned or copied right on the coupon.

I am not sure how you figure 12.99 final cost shipped is a crummy pre order for bambi.
Old 04-27-11, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
whatever dude, if it wasnt clear enough for you dont know what to tell you.
I knew exactly what they meant as i am sure pretty much everyone else who got the email did.
night night
I don't mean any offense. I was merely pointing out that the e-mail was ambiguous when you take into account what was in the pictures. Obviously clicking through to the e-mail was enough to set the record straight. However I have no problem with someone attempting to get Amazon to honor the deal on the 2D version....the worst they could say is no.
Old 04-29-11, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 208 Posts

How are the sequels to The Lion King? I have an extra $10 in credit, so I'm considering getting the box set for a total of around $57.
Old 04-29-11, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
How are the sequels to The Lion King? I have an extra $10 in credit, so I'm considering getting the box set for a total of around $57.
Speaking for myself, I found them forgettable. I found Simba's Pride relied on the familiarity of the characters, rather than a meaningful expansion of the story. Lion King 1 1/2 was amusing, but it's largely just Timone and Pumbaa re-telling the story of The Lion King from their perspective. Think: The Story of Star Wars with C-3PO and R2-D2 summarizing that movie. They break the fourth wall and address the viewer directly. I viewed it as a really long bonus feature rather than an actual film of its own.

The disappointing part to me is that The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie. When the Platinum Edition DVD was released, I bought the collector's box set with the hardcover book and collection of art cards. I would have been very willing to consider buying something comparable for its Blu-ray release, but the only box release is the trilogy and frankly I'm just not into the sequels enough to care. I really would have preferred a standalone release of the first film with some bells and whistles. It's just as well; it'll be far easier to justify the cost of upgrading to the standard Blu-ray combo release than it would have been to get something comparable to that PE box.
Old 09-25-11, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Wholly Guacamole is also running a $5 rebate.

http://eatwholly.com/the-lion-king
Old 09-27-11, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Deleted

Last edited by Manzana; 09-28-11 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-28-11, 02:36 PM

I just called Amazon about this. I told them about all the coupons and even the better price from Disney.com website. In short she gave me the $8 off. Target maybe less but then again Target is known for only getting in 1 3D copy of a movie before it goes off sale (my target that is).