Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-11, 08:55 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Originally Posted by JediJones
Got this with the Cars Blu-Ray boxed set with bonus cars for $22.14 at Target this morning. Only 4 Incredibles on the shelf and one Cars boxed set. Best Buy price match + 2 Disney coupons + 5% Red Card discount + 6% PA sales tax. I continue to pass on using the forged, folded and counterfeit "Bunny Money." I'd rather not have Target catch that and start enforcing more draconian coupon rules.
So, Target will price match Best Buy for the Incredibles, then allow using the store and Disney coupon? Or is this a YMMV type of transaction?
Old 04-12-11, 09:14 AM

For the Bunny Money print out.
Is everyone just taping them back to back or handing over the print out "as-is"????
Old 04-12-11, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks for the first reports. 2 people have just reported they only saw 4 (FOUR) copies of the Incredibles on the shelf. That's ridiculous. Do they really only have 4 copies or are they only putting out 4 at a time due to space limitations? That's as bad as Nausicaa but this is a more mainstream title so it'll be gone faster. Thanks, Target. Now I'm probably going to have to get there at 8 AM before I'm ready for work, go back home, and then leave again. Thanks, Target, for making Tuesday mornings inconvenient for me.

Here's a suggestion for Target. Why not just get 1 copy of each Disney title for the whole week to see who can run the fastest when you open to get it? Or better yet make it a contest and put people in a boxing match for it? I never imagined stores would get so cheap and lean on the inventory that they would get practically none of major movie releases on BD even if they are a re-release of an old title. I'd just go to BB (who I expect will get more than just 4 copies) except for the well-known problems I have with my stores taking Disney coupons.
Old 04-12-11, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
For the Bunny Money print out.
Is everyone just taping them back to back or handing over the print out "as-is"????
I've done it both ways, but I think double-siding them is better. Color and glossy paper would be even better, but I don't have that. When I double-side them, they don't line up perfectly. If you try to PM the BB deal at customer service, I'd expect they won't allow the Bunny Money coupons either. However, I'm sure someone will be successful using them with the PM at some Target somewhere.
Old 04-12-11, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Thanks for the first reports. 2 people have just reported they only saw 4 (FOUR) copies of the Incredibles on the shelf. That's ridiculous. Do they really only have 4 copies or are they only putting out 4 at a time due to space limitations? That's as bad as Nausicaa but this is a more mainstream title so it'll be gone faster. Thanks, Target. Now I'm probably going to have to get there at 8 AM before I'm ready for work, go back home, and then leave again. Thanks, Target, for making Tuesday mornings inconvenient for me.

Here's a suggestion for Target. Why not just get 1 copy of each Disney title for the whole week to see who can run the fastest when you open to get it? Or better yet make it a contest and put people in a boxing match for it? I never imagined stores would get so cheap and lean on the inventory that they would get practically none of major movie releases on BD even if they are a re-release of an old title. I'd just go to BB (who I expect will get more than just 4 copies) except for the well-known problems I have with my stores taking Disney coupons.
At my Target ...

2 copies of the Cars Gift Pack with the cars
4 copies of Incredibles

I only had enough coupons with me for one ... so I went with the Cars set.
Old 04-12-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
A $3 difference is worth avoiding a price match + shady coupon, hassle. In and out in a few.
Agreed...too many variables to deal with at Target. Picked up both Incredibles and Cars at BB for 23.98; would have been 22.52 at Target if both Bunny coupons worked (I wouldn't even dare to try and add a price match!)...I didn't notice a huge stock at BB, either...saw about 10 copies each where I found it, but I was expecting some huge stand or something. Happy with $12 each...
Old 04-12-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the first reports. 2 people have just reported they only saw 4 (FOUR) copies of the Incredibles on the shelf. That's ridiculous. Do they really only have 4 copies or are they only putting out 4 at a time due to space limitations?
Maybe it has something to do with the Cars 2 movie coupons inside.

You don't need to get hysterical over how many copies of a movie target puts out on its shelves. I'm sure they have a better idea on how much to buy of any given item than you do.
Old 04-12-11, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
Maybe it has something to do with the Cars 2 movie coupons inside.
There are no movie coupons inside. You reedem the movie passes with your DMR code.
Old 04-12-11, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got both movies at Best Buy for $21.98 plus tax. Cashier had to go get manager to get approval on coupon. See told manager that I had already gotten the $10 off for buying both and had coupons. I told them that they were two different discounts, one was a Best Buy special and other was coupons from Disney so they were not the same. Manager had no problem took the coupons off and paid.
Old 04-12-11, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
There are no movie coupons inside. You reedem the movie passes with your DMR code.
right.. but they still put the sticker on the outside of the packaging!
Old 04-12-11, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

My $5 Target Disney blu ray coupon wouldn't scan. stupid shitty printer. dude called over the manager (I'm like oh shit!) and she didn't even bother to look at the coupon. She just entered it as a manufacturer coupon to take the extra $5 off. booya!
Old 04-12-11, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why I even bothered trying to get The Incredibles and Cars at Best Buy with the $10 Promotion and both Manufacturer Coupons.

The cashier rang up both items and the $10 Promotion showed up, I handed her the coupons and she said she'd have to call a manager. I said just scan them, they're manufacturer coupons and they'd work just fine. She said it's not that she cared, but she needed to okay it with her manager. Manager comes over, sees the coupons, and before he even hears her question, he says that I can't use the coupons. I explain that they're manufacturer coupons and he says, no, you can't use them because of the promotion. I tell them that's incorrect, but thanks anyway.

Went upstairs to Target and had no problem price-matching Best Buy and then using the $5 Target Coupon and $10 Disney Coupon.

I really just wanted the extra copy of Cars since it would have basically been like buying a ticket and getting the movie for free. I'm definitely going to send Best Buy an email about this; I imagine they'd like to know that for just about every Disney release they've lost business because their managers won't accept valid coupons.
Old 04-12-11, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

BB has always been a joke when dealing with manufacturer coupons.
Old 04-12-11, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
Agreed...too many variables to deal with at Target. Picked up both Incredibles and Cars at BB for 23.98; would have been 22.52 at Target if both Bunny coupons worked (I wouldn't even dare to try and add a price match!)...I didn't notice a huge stock at BB, either...saw about 10 copies each where I found it, but I was expecting some huge stand or something. Happy with $12 each...

How do you figure Target would have been cheaper with the Bunny coupons but without the price match? The coupons are pretty much equivialent to the discount BB is giving for buying both, which would make it the same if the prices were equal, but Incredibles is actually 2 bucks more at Target
Old 04-12-11, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones
BB has always been a joke when dealing with manufacturer coupons.
This is YMMV. My BB has always been great about it, including today.
Old 04-12-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran up to Best Buy at about 10:15 and they had a whole bunch of Incredibles, and only three copies of Cars. I grabbed them both and had no problem using both coupons and getting the $10 off for $25ish after tax.

I have no idea why some of you guys have so many problems. I always am successful at using a coupon or getting a pricematch without any hassle whatsoever.
Old 04-12-11, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
How do you figure Target would have been cheaper with the Bunny coupons but without the price match? The coupons are pretty much equivialent to the discount BB is giving for buying both, which would make it the same if the prices were equal, but Incredibles is actually 2 bucks more at Target
Red Card! (Sorry, forgot to mention that...5% of final price...)
Old 04-12-11, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
Red Card! (Sorry, forgot to mention that...5% of final price...)
Yes, but your final price is still at least 2 dollars more, not including tax, and I'm pretty sure 5 % of that price will be less than 2 dollars.

You'd actually be better off trying to PM BB and not use the Bunny coupons. (if you were going to do one or the other)
Old 04-12-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I ran up to Best Buy at about 10:15 and they had a whole bunch of Incredibles, and only three copies of Cars. I grabbed them both and had no problem using both coupons and getting the $10 off for $25ish after tax.

I have no idea why some of you guys have so many problems. I always am successful at using a coupon or getting a pricematch without any hassle whatsoever.
Yeah, I have no idea why my Best Buy is so bad about it. I sent an email to Best Buy, so hopefully they can rectify the problem. I don't even care if they give me points or anything, I just want them to tell the store to stop doing it the way they are doing it. Like I said, I didn't even need the Cars Blu-ray, but it was like getting a Blu-ray for free with the purchase of a ticket, so I wanted to go that route. I didn't expect it to work today; the most shocking, to me, is when they say, "You can't use the coupon because the item is on sale." But whatever, by the time the next Disney Blu-ray comes out I won't even be in this city anymore and can go to a Best Buy that isn't absolutely ridiculous.

/rant
Old 04-12-11, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The BB near me always takes MFG coupons, the Disney ones will not scan though, they have to type them in. But they never second guess it.
Old 04-12-11, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine only had 1 copy on the shelf and I was there at store opening.
Old 04-12-11, 11:38 AM

I was able to get them both without price matching for $21.98 (and tax). They had Car's at $22.99, the DMR, and the Bunny Coupon's. They all rang up fine. 2 of each Blu-Ray's (now just 1 of each).
Old 04-12-11, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jamezuva
Mine only had 1 copy on the shelf and I was there at store opening.
Yeah same, only one copy at mine too.
Old 04-12-11, 12:01 PM

My Targets got NO Incredibles. They said they might get them later today.
Old 04-12-11, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No problem at my BB today. The $10 came off automatically and the cashier typed in the coupons without blinking an eye (she didn't even try to scan them). $21.98 out the door (no tax in NH) and the whole transaction took about 30 seconds.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.