Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-11, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Incredibles Blu-Ray DMR Upgrade Coupon....$10 off!

Originally Posted by vmars
Guys, we don't even have any confirmation that it's 17.99. Obidawsn is just going by the fact that some other disney titles are 17.99 that this one might be too. Lets not ask any questions until Sunday when they have their new sales signs at Best Buy for the week.
Sorry for the confusion. I knew Incredibles was on sale at Best Buy and, for some reason, thought the sale was $17.99. I guess I got the Target sales and Best Buy sales confused.

As for the TRU deal, I'm glad it worked, in a way. I was driving by a TRU on Saturday and wondered if the deals would stack. I had meant to check the forums before I left home, but forgot. I had just picked up Cars and Incredibles from BB on Thursday. I was going to wait until Saturday (because I had to wait to get paid on Friday and wouldn't be by BB again until Saturday), but was afraid they might sell out. If I had known about this deal, I would have waited and tried TRU first. They're right next door to each other, so it wouldn't have been a big deal if it didn't. If I had another coupon on me, I might have even tried it, anyway, then either returned the copies to Best Buy or sell them. But, for some reason, I didn't get the 2nd Incredibles coupon (I always try to print 2 copies while I can, just in case I need it). I had an extra Cars coupon, but not another Incredibles. Oh well.
Old 04-17-11, 10:18 PM
Banned

I got the Incredibles and Tron Legacy for $25 total after combining the coupon with Best Buy's current 2 for $35 sale. Glory.
Old 04-17-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
I got the Incredibles and Tron Legacy for $25 total after combining the coupon with Best Buy's current 2 for $35 sale. Glory.
I got turned down this afternoon at my local BB for the same 2 titles. I was told I could not use the $10 Incredibles DMR coupon with the 2 for $35 sale. I told the cashier I just used the same DMR coupon on Incredibles & a $8 DMR coupon for Cars. She said that was a different sale and if I wanted to use the coupon, she would have to ring up each title at it's retail price. I told her to forget it. I started to walk away and left the coupon at the register. She called me & handed me the coupon and I told her, you told me I could not use it. So you keep it & I bet you be able to use the same coupon when you buy those same 2 tiles or any of the other tiltes in the 2 for $35 sale.
Old 04-18-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was able to use the coupons on the Incredibles and Cars at Best Buy this morning combined with their deal so got it cheaper than last week. YMMV.
Old 04-18-11, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jiggawhat
I was able to use the coupons on the Incredibles and Cars at Best Buy this morning combined with their deal so got it cheaper than last week. YMMV.
didnt those coupons expire yesterday?
Old 04-19-11, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

I took my reciept back to Best Buy today, and they refunded 5.28 to my Visa because of this weeks sale, so 19.10 is my new total cost.
Old 04-19-11, 02:12 PM

So, I only bought the Incredibles and I got two Cars 2 free passes.
I realized that if you bought Mater's Tales at any point since it was released (last November?) you got the 2nd pass, which I did.

FYI
Old 04-19-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
honesty aside, coupons are usually valid regardless of the date on the coupon. its the cashier's job to refuse the coupon if its expired.
Old 04-19-11, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by runner001
honesty aside, coupons are usually valid regardless of the date on the coupon. its the cashier's job to refuse the coupon if its expired.
That's not true. The expiration date indicates when the manufacturer will no longer honor the coupon. Meaning you're BOTH culpable.
Old 04-19-11, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
So, I only bought the Incredibles and I got two Cars 2 free passes.
I realized that if you bought Mater's Tales at any point since it was released (last November?) you got the 2nd pass, which I did.

FYI
That's actually YMMV as people have mentioned either in this thread or in a different one. Some have gotten the free ticket, others have not. I had registered Mater's Tales back in November and did not get the free movie ticket.
Old 04-19-11, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually that is not the case.
Old 04-20-11, 02:49 AM

Actually, that's only part of the way true. Most coupons have been known to keep working until the end of the month that they are designated for. The barcode's programming usually only contains the month that it expires. So it's possible that the coupon will still work. Will the store get reimbursed for it if they take it after the date? Maybe. For most stores, they don't turn the coupons in every day. They only turn them in once a month or so (the length of time may depend on the store). Even if an individual store sends the coupon into corporate, the coupons will stay there for a while. The manufacturer has no way to see when the coupon was used, or even what the coupon was used for, so they can't question it and reject it.

As for Best Buy, since coupons seem to have to be entered manually, it doesn't matter when the coupon stops working as how the barcode is programmed doesn't matter. It's definitely up to the cashier at that point.
Old 04-20-11, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Actually, that's only part of the way true. Most coupons have been known to keep working until the end of the month that they are designated for. The barcode's programming usually only contains the month that it expires. So it's possible that the coupon will still work. Will the store get reimbursed for it if they take it after the date? Maybe. For most stores, they don't turn the coupons in every day. They only turn them in once a month or so (the length of time may depend on the store). Even if an individual store sends the coupon into corporate, the coupons will stay there for a while. The manufacturer has no way to see when the coupon was used, or even what the coupon was used for, so they can't question it and reject it.

As for Best Buy, since coupons seem to have to be entered manually, it doesn't matter when the coupon stops working as how the barcode is programmed doesn't matter. It's definitely up to the cashier at that point.
This really depends on the store. As a rule 180 days to get them in. Most do not even send them in anymore. They just give a grand total of what they took in, and a copy of their invoice for what they bought.
Old 04-21-11, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Yea, but she still took them so I was like okay. I went earlier in the week and they had incredibles but not Cars so couldn't even get the deal they had. I walked in not even planning to buy them that day and I still had the coupons so I figured I'd give it a shot and it worked.
Old 11-24-11, 08:46 AM

Are there any deals on the Incredibles this week? I can't find it for under $30 anywhere and I refuse to pay that. I'm considering importing from the UK. Yes I know the UK version has no extras but I could import it for about $17 shipped from amazon.UK and I don't care about extras. Does anyone know if the UK version is region free?
Old 11-24-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

I can't personally verify but I looked at some of the reviews on Amazon.co.uk and someone mentioned the UK version is regions A, B, C.

Here is a good source for region codes but "The Incredibles" is only listed under region A: http://bluray.liesinc.net/
Old 11-24-11, 12:25 PM

As far as I remember, all Catalogue Pixar titles are region free. The U.S. version of The Incredibles shows as A,B,C.