Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target Ad 4/3-4/9

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-11, 04:16 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Ad 4/3-4/9

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect
Also might be due to people taking back movies to get the coupon money back. Someone at another forum (Slick Deals, I think) was boasting that they were doing that. Possible Disney thought a $5 coupon was not enough for people to return movies and rip Disney off.

But, as along as stores like Target and Walmart continue to refund the full amount, it won't stop. $5 is a lot of money for some people.
It's not the retailers fault for returning the coupon price. it's actually a legal thing. about 2-3 years ago it was legally changed from a discount to a form of tender due to lawsuits regarding gift returns etc.. so they aren't doing it from the kindness of their hearts but due to a legal restriction. EVERY retailer is supposed to refund the coupon price when returning.
Old 03-30-11, 04:32 PM

Wow, I had no idea. I'm surprised they even have coupons at all! They should just lower the price, but then they would lose out on sales from people who are totally unaware of the coupons.
Old 03-30-11, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

But, as along as stores like Target and Walmart continue to refund the full amount, it won't stop. $5 is a lot of money for some people.
The Walmarts in my area do NOT refund the full coupon amount. In fact, they don't refund it at all. If it's a $5 off coupon, they manually adjust the price of the item down $5 not caring that you paid sales tax on the before coupon amount. I described what happened a while ago in a Walmart thread, so I won't repeat it. Suffice it to say that it's becoming the exception rather than the rule where a store refunds the full amount.

Wow, I had no idea. I'm surprised they even have coupons at all! They should just lower the price, but then they would lose out on sales from people who are totally unaware of the coupons.
Exactly what I've always thought, and the only reason I could think of why they don't do it was what you came up with... they are hoping to get the extra money from people who don't pay attention to coupons. Same with rebates.... they are hoping to make money off people who forget to send them in or don't do it correctly. Just like income taxes, so many things in retailing could be made simpler but they choose to keep things complex to try to squeeze out a little extra money. I wonder if someone did a study if the overhead they pay to deal with coupons would outweigh the extra money they get from coupon-unaware people. Who knows.
Old 03-31-11, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
The Walmarts in my area do NOT refund the full coupon amount. In fact, they don't refund it at all. If it's a $5 off coupon, they manually adjust the price of the item down $5 not caring that you paid sales tax on the before coupon amount. I described what happened a while ago in a Walmart thread, so I won't repeat it. Suffice it to say that it's becoming the exception rather than the rule where a store refunds the full amount.

Exactly what I've always thought, and the only reason I could think of why they don't do it was what you came up with... they are hoping to get the extra money from people who don't pay attention to coupons. Same with rebates.... they are hoping to make money off people who forget to send them in or don't do it correctly. Just like income taxes, so many things in retailing could be made simpler but they choose to keep things complex to try to squeeze out a little extra money. I wonder if someone did a study if the overhead they pay to deal with coupons would outweigh the extra money they get from coupon-unaware people. Who knows.
I am very confident they are making money. A VERY small percentage of the people in the US that are buying Tangled this week are at all aware that there is any type of coupon. I would guess less than 10%.

This is especially true for parents picking up these Disney movies for their kids. I think we forget that we are the exception rather than the rule because we are on this website so often. We are WAY, WAY, WAY out on the edge of the bell shaped curve.
Old 03-31-11, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
So if I get the 2 2 discs sets I'm not missing anything but 3D?
The 5 disc also includes a digital copy.
Old 03-31-11, 02:41 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by TerryAlexFan
The 5 disc also includes a digital copy.
but the 5 disc doesn't contain the DVD copy that the 2 disc classic Tron has as well.
Old 03-31-11, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
I am very confident they are making money. A VERY small percentage of the people in the US that are buying Tangled this week are at all aware that there is any type of coupon. I would guess less than 10%.
I wouldn't say less than 10%. Every major circular had it in their ad. So I'm sure a lot know. Now, whether they actually obtain it or not is a different story. I'm inclined to say that its possible less than 10% use it.
Old 03-31-11, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
We are WAY, WAY, WAY out on the edge of the bell shaped curve.
And here's to us!
Old 03-31-11, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by StephenX
I wouldn't say less than 10%. Every major circular had it in their ad. So I'm sure a lot know. Now, whether they actually obtain it or not is a different story. I'm inclined to say that its possible less than 10% use it.
Fair enough. Since it is in the circular, I will give a little bit more, but for most of these Disney coupons, they are not listed in the ads and I bet my number is pretty accurate or overestimating coupon usage.

How long have they been advertising the coupon availability in the weekly circulars? Did they start to drop the coupon value when they started in the weekly ads? Might make sense if they think too many people will use the coupon at $10.
Old 04-01-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Definitely going to Target for Tron & Tron Legacy.

Too bad they won't combine the $8 off with the coupon, but it still works out to being better than Best Buy.
Old 04-01-11, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson
Definitely going to Target for Tron & Tron Legacy.

Too bad they won't combine the $8 off with the coupon, but it still works out to being better than Best Buy.
Try giving it to them anyway. You never know.
Old 04-01-11, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Try giving it to them anyway. You never know.
Yeah, I'll try it, but I'm not to confident they'll do it. A lot of times with these deals I have to show them the ad just to prove it exists. In this case, If I show them the ad, it says the offers can't be combined.
Old 04-02-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

That's my plan as well. I typically try a cashier, and if that doesn't work go to customer service, and if that doesn't work then go to another store.
So if you drive to another store and have the same thing happen, you would actually be losing more money due to gas being used driving around. Even if you were able to use the coupon, the price of gas (around here it's $4 a gallon) would pretty much dilute the coupon savings.
Old 04-02-11, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
So if you drive to another store and have the same thing happen, you would actually be losing more money due to gas being used driving around. Even if you were able to use the coupon, the price of gas (around here it's $4 a gallon) would pretty much dilute the coupon savings.
Except I have 3 Targets on my commute path between home and work, so it's a 1 mile round trip trek off and on the freeway to each Target. The time and wear and tear on the car is the bigger intangible factor than 2 miles worth of gas. Normally I don't go to all 3 Targets as usually I'm successful at the 1st or 2nd one, but we're into new territory since their ads are starting to specifically exclude the combo discounts with coupons. First I'd like to hear other people's experiences with the Tron DMR coupons early Tuesday morning (that's how the eastern US people can help those of us on the west) and whether they also got the $8 combo discount. If people have success, then I'd go to a 2nd or 3rd one until I did. If everyone fails, then I wouldn't. Of course no matter what the deal someone is always successful somewhere.
Old 04-03-11, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
I'm sure the $5 Off Coupon would work, but I doubt the $8 Off Promotion would. It might be worth a shot to ask them though.

I might try that. I don't really need the 3D Version, but since it would come out to the same price anyway, can't hurt to try.

Assuming there's going to be a Tron Coupon, it would look like this:

Tron: Classic for $19.99
Tron: Legacy for $24.99
-8.00 when you buy both
-5.00 for Tron: Legacy
-5.00 for Tron: Classic
-5.00 for Disney Blu-ray
------------------------------
$21.98 + tax

Target's pretty liberal with their coupons, and I think their policy is one store coupon per transaction and one manufacture coupon per item, so technically this should work.
Where did you find the $5 off the trons at ?
Old 04-03-11, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2
Where did you find the $5 off the trons at ?
There's only a $5 Coupon for Tron: Legacy. I assumed we'd get a coupon for Tron, but looks like I was wrong.
Old 04-05-11, 08:12 AM

Target took my $5 Legacy coupon and it combined with $8 offer.

Also, for some reason the cashier also gave me a $5 Target gift card. Not sure why.

The total came out to be $31.98 + the $5 mystery gift card.
Old 04-05-11, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by DexMProductions
Target took my $5 Legacy coupon and it combined with $8 offer.

Also, for some reason the cashier also gave me a $5 Target gift card. Not sure why.

The total came out to be $31.98 + the $5 mystery gift card.
Were the only 2 things you bought on that transaction the 4-disc Tron Legacy and 2-disc Tron BD packages? I hope we all get $5 mystery GCs, but that would be too good to be true.

I want to try adding my $5 off Target Disney coupon scan on Tron Legacy (since it's $24.99) and hope that works too, but that particular coupon generates more attention than the DMR one they are used to seeing.

I have no idea what Bunny Munny is or how I get that. I must've told missed that conversation somewhere.

I'm also waiting to hear what happens when someone tries to use the Tron Legacy DMR coupon on the original Tron BD pack.
Old 04-05-11, 08:53 AM

Were the only 2 things you bought on that transaction the 4-disc Tron Legacy and 2-disc Tron BD packages? I hope we all get $5 mystery GCs, but that would be too good to be true.

I want to try adding my $5 off Target Disney coupon scan on Tron Legacy (since it's $24.99) and hope that works too, but that particular coupon generates more attention than the DMR one they are used to seeing.

I have no idea what Bunny Munny is or how I get that. I must've told missed that conversation somewhere.

I'm also waiting to hear what happens when someone tries to use the Tron Legacy DMR coupon on the original Tron BD pack.
Bunny munny is the $5 target disney coupon. It says it at the top of it
Old 04-05-11, 08:54 AM

Bunny Munny is the 5$ off Target Disney BD coupon.
Old 04-05-11, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$28.90 out the door at Target for the 4-disk Legacy and original Tron. The took the DMR and bunny munny coupons.
Old 04-05-11, 09:27 AM

$26.98 before taxes for the 4-disc Legacy and Tron 1 for me. They took off the $8 for the combo, the $5 Disney coupon and the $5 Target coupon.
Old 04-05-11, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad just called and told me he got the exact same deal at his Target with both coupons.
Old 04-05-11, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know I'm being lazy, but I'm at work and I can't scroll through endless pages, but does anyone have a link to print out both of those coupons? I can't install that Disney Coupon Printer here, but I'd like to at least print the Bunny Munny one. Any help? Thanks.
Old 04-05-11, 10:02 AM

http://img859.imageshack.us/i/disneycoupon.jpg/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.