Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target Blu-ray Prices March 27th - April 2nd 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: Target Blu-ray Prices March 27th - April 2nd 2011

Originally Posted by vmars
All of those releases you mention are also catalog releases except BHC2 and no one really wants that movie anyways. Tangled will have plenty of copies just like Tron will whenever it comes out.
If I'm remembering correcty, 3D copies of "A Christmas Carol" were difficult to find at Target during release week.
Old 03-23-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer
Looking at some other forums, supposedly the Tangled DMR coupon is only going to be $5.
This could make sense, if Disney is partnering with Target. Basically, you're getting $10 in coupons at Target, but only $5 anywhere else... Still, I hope they are wrong...
Old 03-23-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
The $5 coupon is only good for the 3D version.
Never stopped it from scanning and working in the past
Old 03-23-11, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Never stopped it from scanning and working in the past
Exactly. I've used numerous DMR coupons on the "lesser" set at Target and Best Buy, and have never had any problems with them scanning or not being accepted.
Old 03-23-11, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Tangled DMR + $5 Target Coupon + Little Golden Book (artwork in those is always good) = definite purchase. Going to retain my Amazon order until the DMR goes live just in case though.
Old 03-23-11, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont be surprised if the target tangled coupon that is mentioned in the ad is merely targets link to the dmr site, just like was done with various retailers for bambi.
I am definately keeping my tangled 3d order with amazon at this point. I am sure amazon will match targets 24.99 price in the next few days and that coupled with the 8 dollar pre order coupon amazon had for tangled when i ordered it would bring it down to 16.99 shipped.
Old 03-23-11, 03:50 PM
Cool New Member

Exclusive cover sounds fantastic,such a great film!!!
Old 03-23-11, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
dont be surprised if the target tangled coupon that is mentioned in the ad is merely targets link to the dmr site, just like was done with various retailers for bambi.
I am definately keeping my tangled 3d order with amazon at this point. I am sure amazon will match targets 24.99 price in the next few days and that coupled with the 8 dollar pre order coupon amazon had for tangled when i ordered it would bring it down to 16.99 shipped.
With the Disney Coupon being $5, you could still combine it with this coupon:http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...ay-coupon.html

To bring the pre-tax price down to 14.99

Tax I think would be on 19.99 (Tax paid on the Disney coupon but not the target coupon), which in my state (.06) would be $1.20, which brings total cost to 16.19, still cheaper than Amazon, plus the Little Golden Book, which I'm sure my girls will love.
Old 03-23-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am betting the DMR coupon is only $5 and that the coupon referred to in the target ad is in fact the same $5 coupon. I know different stores have worked the disney coupon like this before...had their own online link through their store to the same coupon offered at DMR.

In short, I am betting that there will only be a single $5 off coupon. Hope I am wrong....

EDIT: sorry, didn't see amity posted the same thing above....
Old 03-23-11, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

NO ONE FREAKIN' KNOWS.

Wait until the coupon is released. IT went from $10 to $8 to $5 in the last 12 hours.
Old 03-23-11, 06:37 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I heard two girls who work at the snack stand near Space Mountain that they think it's more than likely gonna be a $5 coupon...or $2. Of course they could have been talking about the snack combo. But I have faith it'll be the $5 coupon.
Old 03-24-11, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
well to help ensure they do, perhaps you will do what others have already done and clicked the notify us of a lower price link on the tangled 3D item page.
Did you use the "online" or "offline" price option? If "online", what URL did you put in? If "offline", did you just use the current date?
Old 03-24-11, 08:55 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
NO ONE FREAKIN' KNOWS.

Wait until the coupon is released. IT went from $10 to $8 to $5 in the last 12 hours.
no one may KNOW, but there's some BIG indicators. such as the Toy's R us add for next week advertising a $5 disney coupon like they do for the $10 and $8 coupons
Old 03-24-11, 09:32 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I heard two girls who work at the snack stand near Space Mountain that they think it's more than likely gonna be a $5 coupon...or $2. Of course they could have been talking about the snack combo. But I have faith it'll be the $5 coupon.
You drove all the way to California to go to the Snack Shack at Space Mountain? Dedication!
Old 03-24-11, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Those of you who have Amazon Pre-orders, could cancel them. If you decided it would be better to have kept them, you could probably email Amazon CS and say you "accidentally" canceled the order. I did this once on a "lightning deal" I regretted canceling. Of course YMMV
Old 03-25-11, 07:21 AM

here is a link to the $5 dollar disney bluray coupon from the easter mailer:

dvdtalk won't let me post a URL, but here it is.

img859 (dot) imageshack(dot) us/i/disneycoupon (dot) jpg/

credit goes to Snowmaker.

Last edited by dbel108; 03-25-11 at 07:22 AM. Reason: add information.
Old 03-25-11, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Given that we know the DMR coupon is $5 and Target's coupon should be $5, the only question is... are we 100% sure that Tangled 3D BD is $24.99 w/o any coupons or is it possible (as some have suggested) that it's $29.99 and they are already factoring in the $5 DMR coupon?

If it's the latter, then both deals are about equal with tax. If it's really $24.99 before any coupons, then Target with 2 coupons is better unless Amazon pricematches them. Unfortunately I don't know and Amazon will probably ship it very soon. How I wish there were a way to hold it. I wonder if one changed the payment method (if it's allowed) and then changed it back?

Are there any scans of this page of the Target ad yet?
Old 03-25-11, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
If it's the latter, then both deals are about equal with tax. If it's really $24.99 before any coupons, then Target with 2 coupons is better unless Amazon pricematches them. Unfortunately I don't know and Amazon will probably ship it very soon. How I wish there were a way to hold it. I wonder if one changed the payment method (if it's allowed) and then changed it back?
You could maybe try changing the shipping speed to something slower (if you're not already using FSSS)
Old 03-25-11, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You could maybe try changing the shipping speed to something slower (if you're not already using FSSS)
Good suggestion, but my experience with shipping speed is that it doesn't affect when it ships but how long it takes to get there. What used to work is having multiple items in the order and choosing as few shipments as possible. Unfortunately if your item was ordered alone (and you can no longer combine orders yourself) you can't do that, and I also found over the last couple years that Amazon frequently ships them separately in spite of selecting as few shipments as possible even if you put it with a future preorder (which you plan to delete) in hopes of delaying it a while.
Old 03-25-11, 10:16 AM

I searched Google for a Target ad scan next week and found nothing. Tons of rumors and people talking about the Tangled 3D BD deal for $24.99, but no actual proof that it's real. So I called Amazon to see if there was any way to hold the order without canceling. The rep said no but if I reordered it next week they would give it to me for the same price with the $8 off coupon which was nice, so I canceled it. The rep said it would ship next Tuesday and I had to inform the rep that they usually ship Friday or Monday for Tuesday preorders to arrive on Tuesday. Sometimes we know more than the reps on some issues.

So here's to hoping that all the rumors about Tangled 3D BD being $24.99 at Target before coupons are true. If I get it at Target, then Amazon will surely pricematch Target bringing it down to $16.99 for those who kept their orders, but if both coupons work at Target plus the bonus book, then it's about equal.

I hate this uncertainty.
Old 03-25-11, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are there any scans of this page of the Target ad yet?
I seriously doubt you will be able to use both $5 coupons at Target. I would think the "Target" coupon is just a redirect to the "Disney" coupon. I suspect both coupons are identical.

Edit: Unless you meant the scanned $5 off $24.99 coupon...

Last edited by SoonerDoc; 03-25-11 at 11:30 AM. Reason: I. Am. Dumb.
Old 03-25-11, 01:59 PM

Does anyone think the Target $5 off a $24.99 or more Disney Blu-ray coupon is only for select regions?

I didn't receive the Target booklet with the coupon, but found a scan of it online and printed it out on glossy photo paper. It looks just like the real deal. I know on the back it specifically states void if scanned or copied, but do you think there's a good chance it will work?

So if it works along with the $5 manufacturer coupon and the pre-coupon price of Tangled is $24.99 on 03/29 then I should walk out having paid $14.99 plus sales tax. Still a lot of variables, but I’d consider that a best case scenario.
Old 03-25-11, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
I seriously doubt you will be able to use both $5 coupons at Target. I would think the "Target" coupon is just a redirect to the "Disney" coupon. I suspect both coupons are identical.

Edit: Unless you meant the scanned $5 off $24.99 coupon...
I meant the scanned $5 off coupon. It worked for me once as a folded B&W printout, so I hope it'll work again with the DMR coupon. Sadly I don't have access to a color printer except at work, and my work does not allow any media from home to be inserted into one's computer or it's instant termination. I'm not joking either. I can't download the scanned coupon there because they block DVD Talk and the image site where it's hosted. I'm lucky enough just to be able to access SD, Amazon, and Newegg while there. Somehow thankfully those 3 sites are considered acceptable.
Old 03-25-11, 04:06 PM

I meant the scanned $5 off coupon. It worked for me once as a folded B&W printout, so I hope it'll work again with the DMR coupon. Sadly I don't have access to a color printer except at work, and my work does not allow any media from home to be inserted into one's computer or it's instant termination. I'm not joking either. I can't download the scanned coupon there because they block DVD Talk and the image site where it's hosted. I'm lucky enough just to be able to access SD, Amazon, and Newegg while there. Somehow thankfully those 3 sites are considered acceptable.
You could email it to yourself at work.
Old 03-25-11, 05:05 PM

The price says 24.99. there is no fine print in the ad. And i am 99% certain the coupon target is offering is the same as the disney coupon, because in the ad it says "coupon expires 4/3/11" the same day the disney one does too. I think 5 dollars total is what we're getting.

However, there are also people saying they got a 5 dollar off disney bluray coupon in a coupon book they got in the mail. You can print it out at the following link. I can't post the actual link up because dvdtalk wont let me, but just replace the (dot) with an actual dot.

img859 (dot) imageshack (dot) us/i/disneycoupon (dot) jpg/

So if you use both coupons, it will come out to 15 dollars+tax, which is still a heck of a deal. There are also 2 $5 dollar rebates with the purchase of some rice and something else, so in theory, you can actually get it for 5 dollars.

Either way, at least we get SOME savings.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.