Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-11, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by Kory
My store finally/luckily got some back in stock today, so I was able to buy the "Tron" Blu-ray along with the 4-disc "Tron Legacy" Blu-ray. Was able to use the $5 Disney Coupon, plus two $5 Target Disney Coupons (one for each film), along with the $8 Target discount for buying both together. Wound up with both for $23.60 after taxes.
Congrats. You matched Sotra's deal using the Tron Legacy DMR coupon on the original Tron. It means the cashier didn't pay attention as is sometimes the case. Hopefully Target still gets reimbursed for both coupons. One would like to hope they program their computers correctly, but who knows.
Old 04-09-11, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Congrats. You matched Sotra's deal using the Tron Legacy DMR coupon on the original Tron. It means the cashier didn't pay attention as is sometimes the case. Hopefully Target still gets reimbursed for both coupons. One would like to hope they program their computers correctly, but who knows.
Usually the coupons are just coded to work with a certain type of product. i.e. A coupon for a particular type of Crest toothpaste may work on any Crest toothpaste. It just looks to see if you bought Crest toothpaste and doesn't look specifically at what kind of Crest toothpaste. The same is probably true for these coupons. I wouldn't doubt they would work with other Disney movies as well.
Old 04-09-11, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I didn't use two of Disney's coupons though, I used two of Target's. I wouldn't try to use a Tron Legacy coupon on Tron.
Old 04-09-11, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Kory
I didn't use two of Disney's coupons though, I used two of Target's. I wouldn't try to use a Tron Legacy coupon on Tron.
You're right. I didn't read it carefully. I'm not the coupon police anyway, so have no fear of me. What's funny though is that if you bought the original Tron BD, that was only $19.99 and the $5 Target Disney coupon ("Bunny Money") says for BDs $24.99 and higher.

This further supports obidawsn's comments that Target often programs their coupons more broadly than the stated requirements. Their $24.99 Disney BD coupon doesn't require $24.99, and the Tron Legacy $5 DMR coupon also worked on Tron original. I only used the coupons within their guidelines (i.e. 1 Bunny Money coupon and 1 DMR coupon on the $24.99 Tron Legacy and none on Tron original, plus their computer automatically gave the $8 combo discount... I think this is the deal most people here got).
Old 04-10-11, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Or else the restrictions were supposed to be manually enforced.
Old 04-10-11, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by izatright
Or else the restrictions were supposed to be manually enforced.
Thats exactly what it is. Anytime this coupon is scanned it says "No item found applicable for this coupon" or something like that and the cashier can either click on the register "Accept Coupon" or "Deny." This coupon is really all up to the cashiers discretion.