Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Old 03-12-11, 11:55 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 641
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Does anyone know if Disney will have those $10 coupons for Tangled and Tron available soon?
Old 03-13-11, 12:38 AM
  #2  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 736
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by masetodd View Post
Does anyone know if Disney will have those $10 coupons for Tangled and Tron available soon?
probably the week before (at most) before they are released.
Old 03-13-11, 01:46 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Time to have this thread shut down please, the coupons will get posted when they are available
Old 03-13-11, 09:20 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Usually the $10 coupons are only available for titles that have been previously released on DVD.

We have gotten some $8 coupons for new, original releases, but no guarantees.
Old 03-13-11, 10:05 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,655
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Why do you care if we get them SOON? You can't use them until the titles are released...
Old 03-13-11, 10:21 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 443
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Why do you care if we get them SOON? You can't use them until the titles are released...
Well, one reason would be to see whether to keep the amazon pre-orders taking the $8 and $5 off coupons for each of these movies into account, or whether B&M stores will have better deals (that, of course, requires knowing their prices in advance as well.).
Old 03-13-11, 10:57 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit - Formerly known as Obi-Wan Jabroni
Posts: 11,624
Received 287 Likes on 153 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by flix1 View Post
Usually the $10 coupons are only available for titles that have been previously released on DVD.

We have gotten some $8 coupons for new, original releases, but no guarantees.
We got a $10 Coupon for A Christmas Carol, likely because it was a 3D release, and these are also 3D releases.
Old 03-13-11, 01:20 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,975
Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Toy Story 3 had a $10 off coupon as well. I'm betting Tangled will have it, especially because of the 3-D.
Old 03-13-11, 01:21 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,986
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Anyone have a $10 off coupon for Pirates of the Caribbean 4? Just want to have it early!
Old 03-13-11, 01:30 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
That'sAllFolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,720
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
Toy Story 3 had a $10 off coupon as well. I'm betting Tangled will have it, especially because of the 3-D.
The coupon was $8 on release week for TS3. Unless there was a coupon released later?

For new releases it's a hit miss. I know Price of Persia and TS3 were $8, but I believe Christmas Story was $10. So it's hard to tell.
Old 03-13-11, 01:56 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by basketb View Post
Well, one reason would be to see whether to keep the amazon pre-orders taking the $8 and $5 off coupons for each of these movies into account, or whether B&M stores will have better deals (that, of course, requires knowing their prices in advance as well.).
Exactly. That is THE reason... to know whether Amazon preorders should be kept because to be safe you have to cancel them by Thursday evening of the week prior. Now it's true we're a little bit early on Tangled and Tron, but I can understand the eagerness.

I've learned that the moment any Disney BD coupon is released, someone will always post it in the BD forum here, so I just keep my eye out for the headline and hope it happens before it's too late to cancel a preorder. I think it always has (so far).
Old 03-13-11, 08:57 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 471
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

The Incredibles is also being released around the same time. Luckily Disney is good with coupons so the multitude of cramped together releases won't break the bank.
Old 03-14-11, 11:37 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,655
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by Isny View Post
The Incredibles is also being released around the same time. Luckily Disney is good with coupons so the multitude of cramped together releases won't break the bank.
Another benefit of the close release dates is a POSSIBLE deal at TRU, doing a pre-order chain. Dunno if that will happen with these releases, but I hope so.
Old 03-14-11, 12:36 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit - Formerly known as Obi-Wan Jabroni
Posts: 11,624
Received 287 Likes on 153 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Another benefit of the close release dates is a POSSIBLE deal at TRU, doing a pre-order chain. Dunno if that will happen with these releases, but I hope so.
Pre order deals at TRU lately haven't been nearly as good as they used to be. I saw a pre order card for Bambi, and it was save 5 bucks off a purchase today with a $5 pre-order deposit, which would only be barely worth it if TRU was offering competitive prices, which they haven't been recently.
Old 03-14-11, 12:37 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 641
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
Time to have this thread shut down please, the coupons will get posted when they are available
OK - please shut down this thread - I'm feel so bad that I'm trying to find a bargain on these blu-ray movies in this forum.
Old 03-14-11, 01:47 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

I agree can someone close this thread. readers know that when the coupons for these become available the first reader to see they are live always posts a link for everyone. where the only thing this thread does is keep an actual bargin off the main the page.

And iam still betting that Tangled will be a 8.00 coupon not a 10.00 one since that was the amount the amazon pre order coupon was for. and the previous 8.00 coupons were the same way (prince of persia and Toy Story 3)
Old 03-14-11, 02:28 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,375
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Oh no, I am agreeing with Amity but yes close the thread down please

Simple fact is when the coupon is live it will get posted about. I would like someone to post of the last time that a coupon for a Disney blu has not been posted about the moment it came live? I understand the people concerned about their pre-order with Amazon, but hey that is the gamble you have to take.

My money is on incrediPinoy to post it too btw
Old 03-14-11, 07:08 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Simple fact is when the coupon is live it will get posted about. I would like someone to post of the last time that a coupon for a Disney blu has not been posted about the moment it came live?
If you're masetodd, don't read this.

Spoiler:

Yeah, they aren't out yet already

Anyone else have trouble printing theirs? There's always the one or two people that can't do it.
Old 03-14-11, 07:30 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,375
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
If you're masetodd, don't read this.

Spoiler:

Yeah, they aren't out yet already

Anyone else have trouble printing theirs? There's always the one or two people that can't do it.

Old 03-14-11, 07:48 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 440
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
If you're masetodd, don't read this.

Yeah, they aren't out yet already

Anyone else have trouble printing theirs? There's always the one or two people that can't do it.
One or two people? Usually these coupon threads just devolve into people complaining on how they couldn't get the coupon and how Disney is such a terrible company, lol
Old 03-22-11, 08:17 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 24,647
Received 446 Likes on 326 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
One or two people? Usually these coupon threads just devolve into people complaining on how they couldn't get the coupon and how Disney is such a terrible company, lol
Disney is a terrible company, I can't get the coupons to print! Where are the coupons already!?
Old 03-22-11, 08:40 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

please close this thread so this pointless thread doesnt continue to bump ACTUAL bargins from the main page. Everyone knows when the coupons go live a reader will post them on here.
Old 03-22-11, 09:11 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

A Tangled coupon is definitely coming-

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...tangled-coupon


The question is for how much.
Old 03-22-11, 11:04 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,642
Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???

If the coupon goes live.. please start a new thread.. I cannot imagine this one carrying all the convos about the Tangled Coupon...
Old 03-23-11, 12:13 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
TerryW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 884
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tangled and/or Tron Coupons???


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.