Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Bambi - $10 off Blu-Ray coupon

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-11, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bambi - $10 off Blu-Ray coupon

Same with me - even though I'm "local" in Los Angeles, I doubt I'd receive the coupon in time to use it.

It's now exactly 1:00pm here and… the coupon is still dead.

I really hope they didn't just give me a line of b.s.…
Old 03-04-11, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I was able to print the coupon about 2 hours ago with no problems at all.
Old 03-04-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally got the coupon to print using my wife's account in Internet Explorer. I tried on mine right before and it kept failing.
Old 03-04-11, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6669
Damn, still not working.
If they mailed it to me, by the time I get it, it wont be on sale anymore. This sucks. Hopefully they have it back up soon.

edit. The coupons up, but it still wont let me print it. God I hate coupons.com. I've reinstalled their app, tried 4 different browsers, and followed they're stupid,set-up-your-printer instructions. Still wont work. I've never had this many problems with their site until now.
You could buy it now and apply the coupon next week. I believe Target will let you do that. Also you might ask if they would give you a raincheck at Target. Just explain the situation -- never hurts to ask.
Old 03-04-11, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Per Disney Movie Rewards's Facebook page:
Wow! The Bambi coupon has been insanely popular and actually maxed us out for a moment there. We kicked the woodland critters out of the system, added more coupons and those of you with issues printing should now be able to print again.
Old 03-04-11, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
You could buy it now and apply the coupon next week. I believe Target will let you do that. Also you might ask if they would give you a raincheck at Target. Just explain the situation -- never hurts to ask.
I think you have a max of 2 days to apply a coupon after-the-fact at Target.
Old 03-04-11, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by flix1
I think you have a max of 2 days to apply a coupon after-the-fact at Target.
This may be a YMMV type of thing depending on the store. I've tried it twice (once successfully and once unsuccessfully). But it was always treated as a return/repurchase-type of transaction. The one time it was successful, the item was still on sale and I got effectively, the amount from the coupon back, the other time the item was no longer on sale (originally bought Saturday/tried to apply the coupon on Monday) and then it would have cost me more with the coupon than without.
Old 03-05-11, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Easy PM at Walmart to Martin's grocery store $19.99 - $10 = $11.19 including tax.
Old 03-05-11, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

had no problem using my coupon at Target today.
Thanks OP
Old 03-06-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When does the coupon die again?
Old 03-06-11, 12:44 PM

march 8, 2011
Old 03-06-11, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bigjim25
When does the coupon die again?
I've already used mine, but according to the promo banner on DMR, it expires on the 8th.

Old 03-06-11, 11:57 PM

A big thank you to you folks responsible for this huge savings!!
Old 03-07-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tbandy01
A big thank you to you folks responsible for this huge savings!!
Welcome to the forum! Truthfully, though, it's Disney that deserves the credit for the coupon; we just like to make sure everyone knows about them. I've saved quite a lot since joining this forum, though it could also be argued that, because of this forum, I've been expanding my viewing to things I previously overlooked so I suppose it all evens out in the end.
Old 03-07-11, 06:13 PM
PU2

The only problem with the Disney "Free" $10 Bambi coupon is:

1. You have to register at Disney.com

2. They don't tell you in advance that after you register you have to download and install an executable file allegedly to "print the coupon."

3. Disney says it's safe. Sure it may not contain viruses, but no one should have to download and install an unknown file where the code is not public, and who knows what else it does. Privacy concerns.

Registering for a coupon is one thing, but downloading an .exe file is not worth $10 for sacrificing potential privacy risks. Disney could easily just link a print view and code the coupon after registering.

I really find it misleading in advertising when a company says, here get this coupon, then fails to disclosure in the ad that you have to register, and then download some unknown file on your computer.

No thanks.

Not buying the movie now. It will probably do on sale in 6 months anyway for a fraction of current price.

Last edited by PU2; 03-07-11 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-07-11, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PU2

2. They don't tell you in advance that after you register you have to download and install an executable file allegedly to "print the coupon."

3. Disney says it's safe. Sure it may not contain viruses, but no one should have to download and install an unknown file where the code is not public and who knows what else it does. Privacy concerns.

Registering for a coupon is one thing, but downloading an .exe file is not worth $10 for sacrifice potential privacy risks. Disney could easier just link a print view and code the coupon after registering.

Really find it misleading in advertising when a company says, here get this coupon, then fails to disclosure in the ad that you have to register, and then download some unknown file.

No thanks.

Not buying the movie now. It will probably do on sale in 6 months anyway for a fraction of current price.
Whatever you say.

All I know is hundreds of us on this forum alone have printed this coupon and a dozen others from Disney without an issue. You keep worrying and I'll keep saving.
Old 03-07-11, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PU2

3. Disney says it's safe. Sure it may not contain viruses, but no one should have to download and install an unknown file where the code is not public, and who knows what else it does. Privacy concerns.

Registering for a coupon is one thing, but downloading an .exe file is not worth $10 for sacrificing potential privacy risks. Disney could easily just link a print view and code the coupon after registering.
Request a coupon to be mailed to you instead of printing it yourself. Of course, then they know where you live.

You don't buy much Disney, do you? Their titles rarely go on sale. Six months from now, Bambi will cost just as much as it does now, only there won't be a $10 coupon available.
Old 03-07-11, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by PU2

I really find it misleading in advertising when a company says, here get this coupon, then fails to disclosure in the ad that you have to register, and then download some unknown file on your computer.

No thanks.

Brilliant first post.
is www.paranoidmuch.com your favorite web site?

Last edited by whotony; 03-08-11 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-08-11, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PU2
MOST online coupons require the installation of coupon software (so they can limit how many are printed), and Disney uses the most popular one by far. It is quite safe, and we've been using it for years...
Old 03-08-11, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by PU2

No thanks.

I doubt that it will "do" on sale in 6 months...Disney has a moratorium policy in place for the classic animation titles, giving them a limited shelf life. Six months from now it will be out of print (as PINOCCHIO, SNOW WHITE, and FANTASIA will be at the end of April) and may be going for double its current price.

Last edited by rbrown498; 03-08-11 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-08-11, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I skipped Pinocchio blu and still haven't noticed it for anything less then about $26.
Old 03-08-11, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
I skipped Pinocchio blu and still haven't noticed it for anything less then about $26.
I bought it for $9.99 at Best Buy back in October.
Old 03-08-11, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes I renember that. Somehow I missed it.