Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Bambi - $10 off Blu-Ray coupon

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-11, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bambi - $10 off Blu-Ray coupon

Just did a live chat with Amazon and showed them the picture you posted, and they pricematched with the $10.00 coupon. $9.99 + no tax + free 2 day shipping!!

Thanks again whotony!
Old 02-25-11, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jsz1002
The only time i was credited on my account was when the price changed after my item was shipped (which is usually a day or two before release day). Otherwise, i've never had the problem you described.
Well then you have been lucky, others (myself included) have not been.
Old 02-25-11, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got my Best Buy Reward Zone coupon for $10, so I'm going to get it at Best Buy:

$22.99 minus $10 coupon minus $10 RZ coupon = $2.99!
Old 02-25-11, 10:44 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Amazon automatically reduced mine to the right price a few hours ago.
Old 02-26-11, 12:27 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ Mine's still showing $24.99. Hopefully they adjust it before it enters the shipping process.
Old 02-26-11, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by joe_b
^ Mine's still showing $24.99. Hopefully they adjust it before it enters the shipping process.
Mine is still showing that too, I even sent them an email and they say they reviewed my account and it will be 22.99 and I went back and looked and it's....24.99. silly amazon.
Old 02-26-11, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts

Usually, IIRC, it won't show the adjustment this close to release, you'll just get an email on release day saying you saved x amount because of a price drop and it's getting put back in your account.
Old 02-26-11, 07:07 AM

Good to know. My order has now entered the shipping phase and Amazon has authorized my card for $15, not 13. I rarely pre-order anything, so I'm not really familiar with how they handle these things.
Old 02-26-11, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by b2net
I just did a live chat and they adjusted the price... but.. but... when I looked at the order summary at the bottom, I lost the free super saver shipping.... so now it is actually more.... I have another chat going... hoping to correct that as well.. so those that are doing the adjustment that do not have prime... make sure you look at the order totals...
Any tips on what to say? I was told they aren't participating in that promotion
Old 02-26-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 777 Likes on 377 Posts

My amazon order has automatically adjusted to 12.99. I didn't contact them at all.
Old 02-26-11, 09:18 AM

I just got my Best Buy Reward Zone coupon for $10, so I'm going to get it at Best Buy:

$22.99 minus $10 coupon minus $10 RZ coupon = $2.99!
That's fine. The thing I always find amazing is many people (especially on SD) using a RZ certificate post messages like they got a better price than anyone else on that item (for instance $2.99 instead of $12.99), but once you have used your $10 coupon on Bambi you don't have it any more and will pay $10 more on your next purchase at BB than had you saved the coupon for later. So for me, I never factor in RZ certificates in the final price. I treat it like it's still the same price when comparison shopping, but like someone gave me $10 cash.

I have trouble with this issue with my family telling me that since I have a Rewards coupon from some store it's OK to pay MORE for an item at that store than I could buy the item at another store since it'll be cheaper after the coupon, and I try to explain the concept of it being no different than cash and it rarely sinks in.

Obviously the prices are all the same for Bambi at B&M stores, so using your RZ certificate on it is a very good choice (assuming most BB stores take coupons unlike mine), but if I did it and someone asked me I'd still say I paid $12.99 rather than $2.99. If item X is $50 at store A and $75 at store B and you buy it at store B with a $50 gift card and pay $25 out of pocket, did you get a good deal? Not in my opinion. An acquaintance at work once bragged to me how he got something cool for free. I asked how and he said he was given a gift card and didn't care or check how much the item cost because it was free to him. When I asked the before gift card price it turns out how paid almost full MSRP (way more than he would've paid on Amazon) and consumed his gift card on overpriced stuff rather than competitive priced items. That's why I struggle so much using gift cards or certificates... I don't factor them in the equation and have to find competitively priced stuff, and at certain stores that's very hard to do.
Old 02-26-11, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

For those that have been denied using Disney Coupons in the past at Best Buy for a "sale" item, it looks like for Bambi, their actual ad is showing using the coupon on the sale price... it even includes a link just for "Best Buy"... http://www.bambicoupon.com/bestbuy...
Old 02-26-11, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got the shipping notification from Amazon, and it lists the price at $12.99 for me, so they did indeed lower the price for me.

And considering they gave me $10 in credit for the coupon I showed them a while back, I sorta only paid $2.99 for this one. In the end, for this one and Alice, I either got them both for free or paid a buck or something crazy.

Last edited by Brent L; 02-26-11 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-26-11, 06:26 PM

I shot them an e-mail about it. Hopefully, they will just refund the $2 eventually, but I figured I'd alert them to it while the movie was still a pre-order.

Given my past experience contacting customer service, I fully expect them to totally overlook the fact that I stated "Pre-Order Price Guarantee" and simply give me the "Sorry, no price protection!" company line. The reps they have answering e-mails never seem to fully grasp what I am requesting, even if I spell it out with as much detail as possible.
Old 02-26-11, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
I shot them an e-mail about it. Hopefully, they will just refund the $2 eventually, but I figured I'd alert them to it while the movie was still a pre-order.

Given my past experience contacting customer service, I fully expect them to totally overlook the fact that I stated "Pre-Order Price Guarantee" and simply give me the "Sorry, no price protection!" company line. The reps they have answering e-mails never seem to fully grasp what I am requesting, even if I spell it out with as much detail as possible.
I sent a email and got this reply back.

Hello,

I understand you want a $2 price reduction on this order. I've checked your
order and I see that this title will be released on March 1, 2011 and will be
shipped on March 7, 2011.

Please note that, whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by
other sellers on our site.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Old 02-26-11, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,285 Likes on 4,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
I just got the shipping notification from Amazon, and it lists the price at $12.99 for me, so they did indeed lower the price for me.
Ditto. Got it for $12.99. Shipped already, Never notified them of the price change, just done automatically.
Old 02-26-11, 07:27 PM

Yeah, I got a similarly worded response. Looks like they are going off of a script and then modifying it slightly to suit each customer.
Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.
Well, technically not true. They've already billed me based on the $24.99 price.
If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account.
The price changed two days before my order entered the shipping process and they didn't update anything. She did mention I'd be eligible for a refund by 3/4.

Last edited by joe_b; 02-28-11 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-26-11, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by b2net
For those that have been denied using Disney Coupons in the past at Best Buy for a "sale" item, it looks like for Bambi, their actual ad is showing using the coupon on the sale price... it even includes a link just for "Best Buy"... http://www.bambicoupon.com/bestbuy...
Cant wait to hear the excuses some of you are given by some of the regional bestbuys as to why they wont accept the coupon lol when the link clearly says bestbuy
Old 02-26-11, 11:09 PM

FYI, Toys R Us will have the set for $26.99. Not a great deal per say, but if you are looking to grab Tangled, you can preorder it for $5 and then get $5 off Bambi... and you get a free Bambi plush 8O

Last edited by Hiro0015; 02-26-11 at 11:10 PM. Reason: forgot the plush
Old 02-26-11, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Drav3n
Just did a live chat with Amazon and showed them the picture you posted, and they pricematched with the $10.00 coupon. $9.99 + no tax + free 2 day shipping!!

Thanks again whotony!
I tried to contact them with chat but no go on adjustment to match the $19.99. should have cancelled and bought retail but order shipped.

I was also charged the $24.99, the cs said wait after 3/1 to see if the $2 adjustment occurs
Old 02-27-11, 03:48 AM

i just emailed Amazon CS with the picture & website. i hope they pricematched with the $10 coupon.
Old 02-27-11, 06:59 AM

I LOVE how the Best Buy ad explicitly says "$12.99 with coupon." That way we won't all run into trouble with jackasses who misinterpret their own policy like they did with Alice in Wonderland.
Old 02-27-11, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just checked my amazon order. Price has been adjusted downward.

Hasn't shipped yet, but my Prime pre-orders usually ship on Monday and arrive on Tuesday from their Delaware address.
Old 02-27-11, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
If it happens occasionally that way then you got lucky. And i had this confirmed to me in the past by Penny from Disney Movie Rewards, she stated its their policy to help prevent misuse that the upgrade coupons or offers are designed to only be printed at the same time you redeem the upc that you are upgrading.

Penny is the main disney movie rewards contact in case you were wondering.
That's strange that she said that since it's not true. The only reason I knew I could do it was because I saw other people say they were having issues with the banner not showing up on another release (I can't remember which one) and people were saying where you could find it. I think I may have even had to do the same thing for that release. With Alice in Wonderland, I wasn't sure if it would work again, but it did. I was planning on having to explain to my mom how to put in the UPC code and what to click on afterward, but I decided to enter the UPC code myself and then checked my offers and it was there. I sent her the info how to login to my account and where to find it and it was there for her on her computer. So it's not just me getting lucky, but a known fact that it works. It's possible that they changed the policy on how it should work since that other release, but it didn't get changed for Alice in Wonderland. I believe that Penny may have told you that, but sometimes the contact people don't always know how things work technically.

Originally Posted by Hiro0015
FYI, Toys R Us will have the set for $26.99. Not a great deal per say, but if you are looking to grab Tangled, you can preorder it for $5 and then get $5 off Bambi... and you get a free Bambi plush 8O
I was holding out hope that TRU would have a good deal, but I guess not. I'll probably get Tangled on a blind buy, but it's not worth my drive over to TRU (which is out of the way for me) to save $1 overall. Plus Tangled may be too expensive at TRU when it comes out. I may have been willing to take a chance if it was $10 off like their previous pre-order deals. I guess they changed their promos after all the fiasco last year, especially after a lot of people canceled their Toy Story 3 orders because they charged so much for it. I don't want that to happen again with Tangled. I stuck with my TS3 pre-orders, but I also still felt like I got a great deal. I stacked a lot of promos where I got free items (that I was able to use as gifts) and gift cards (which I easily used on Black Friday when they had diaper/wipes deals). All that with the deals I got on the previous pre-orders, I think I came out pretty good. But this doesn't seem like a good deal. If they were the same price as everyone else and you get $5 off, maybe, but since they are $5 higher than other places, it's just not.
Old 02-27-11, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read in the Target ad that there was a 10$ coupon.. and since I know Target offers store coupons I figured this might be one. So I went to their site, and was redirected to the DMR site! Bummer. I was hoping to stack the Target coupon and DMR coupon and get it for 2.99..

That being said. 12.99 is too much to upgrade from DVD.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.