Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Bambi - $10 off Blu-Ray coupon

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-11, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bambi - $10 off Blu-Ray coupon

Didn't see it mentioned, but for those with a Giant grocery store in their area, they have this in their ad for $19.99 and mention the $10 coupon saves even more. $10 + tax for the BR/DVD/Digital combo works for me.
Old 02-24-11, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 767 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
I just did a live chat and they adjusted the price... but.. but... when I looked at the order summary at the bottom, I lost the free super saver shipping.... so now it is actually more.... I have another chat going... hoping to correct that as well.. so those that are doing the adjustment that do not have prime... make sure you look at the order totals...
If you just would've left it alone, it would've adjusted on its own and you wouldn't have been charged shipping.
Old 02-24-11, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by achau9598
Didn't see it mentioned, but for those with a Giant grocery store in their area, they have this in their ad for $19.99 and mention the $10 coupon saves even more. $10 + tax for the BR/DVD/Digital combo works for me.

Stop and Shop grocery in the Northeast also has this in their weekly ad for $19.99.
Old 02-24-11, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have several Giant's in my area. Where did you see next weeks ad already?

I did a live chat with Amazon and they said it will be adjusted before it ships.
Old 02-24-11, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drav3n
I have several Giant's in my area. Where did you see next weeks ad already?

I did a live chat with Amazon and they said it will be adjusted before it ships.
It was on a table at my work yesterday. I saw Bambi in the ad, so I assumed it was for next week. May have been a Washington DC paper.

EDIT: Link to circular

http://giantfood.shoplocal.com/giant...listingcount=8

Last edited by A-aron; 02-24-11 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-24-11, 09:10 PM

I guess we have different Giant's? The website for mine is at www.giantfoodstores.com
Old 02-24-11, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by movieman35
So they took the coupon down now, what a bunch of shit. I entered the code last night but was unable to print from this computer and I was going to print it this morning and I says the offer expired.
Its always that way, every disney upgrade coupon you have to print up right then or else you loose the option, once the computer shuts down or if you try from another computer it wont let you.
thats why you make sure your printer is ready to go with no issues before you enter the code.
Old 02-24-11, 10:10 PM

FYI, there's no digital copy
Old 02-24-11, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, here is the link to the Stop & Shop circular-

http://stopandshop.shoplocal.com/sto...listingcount=8
Old 02-25-11, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
If you just would've left it alone, it would've adjusted on its own and you wouldn't have been charged shipping.
I thought about that... except I read others saying they did a live chat.. and somehow.....I got enthusiastic about $2...lol... anyway.. they fixed the shipping cost issue... all is well again...
Old 02-25-11, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Its always that way, every disney upgrade coupon you have to print up right then or else you loose the option, once the computer shuts down or if you try from another computer it wont let you.
thats why you make sure your printer is ready to go with no issues before you enter the code.
Not true. You can still print. You just have to know where to look. I didn't have a printer available when I wanted to print Alice in Wonderland so I entered the code to get the coupon activated then called my mom to go to my account and print it for me. The banner may not be right there to print it, but you can find it under "My DMR" and "Unlocked Offers".
Old 02-25-11, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For those who preordered at Amazon with the old $10 off coupon to get a $14.99 price:
1. have your Amazon preorders already updated to the new price $12.99?
2. did you have to contact them to get the $2 adjustment?
3. are we supposed to wait until after it ships for the $2 adjustment to occur?

Mine still shows $14.99, so I'd like to know if I need to contact them now or should just wait until next week for it to happen automatically (I hope)?
Old 02-25-11, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
For those who preordered at Amazon with the old $10 off coupon to get a $14.99 price:
1. have your Amazon preorders already updated to the new price $12.99?
2. did you have to contact them to get the $2 adjustment?
3. are we supposed to wait until after it ships for the $2 adjustment to occur?

Mine still shows $14.99, so I'd like to know if I need to contact them now or should just wait until next week for it to happen automatically (I hope)?
They adjust them, you don't have to contact them. In fact, mine adjusted itself to get $14.99 initially.
Old 02-25-11, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts

Old 02-25-11, 09:50 AM

I went ahead & did the online chat to get mine reduced to $12.99 after the coupon (my order has been pending since november)... the one time they didn't automatically reduce mine, I had to go thru a hassle to get it corrected and I prefer to go ahead & get it done in advance...

it was painless & only took a few minutes
Old 02-25-11, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by jsz1002
They adjust them, you don't have to contact them. In fact, mine adjusted itself to get $14.99 initially.
Sometimes it takes a couple of days - unfortunately, if the price goes back up before they change it, you're out of luck. I usually wait a day, and if it hasn't changed, I send them an email.
Old 02-25-11, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by masetodd
Sometimes it takes a couple of days - unfortunately, if the price goes back up before they change it, you're out of luck. I usually wait a day, and if it hasn't changed, I send them an email.
Not true...the pre-order guarantee gives you the lowest price before the end of release day.
Old 02-25-11, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jsz1002
Not true...the pre-order guarantee gives you the lowest price before the end of release day.
It doesnt always lower automaticly before it ships.
My most recent example of this was Birdemic It shipped after the online price lowerd to 16.49, but my invoice still said 20.99 and my card was charged 20.99 for it. It wasnt till today that they emailed me saying I was getting a refund for 4.50 to my card thanks to pre order price guarantee.

For most of us it really is more convient to just call them up and have it manually adjusted by the cs instead of having to wait 4 or 5 days to get a refund for something that should have automaticly adjusted on its own in the day(s) before the item shipped.
I much prefer spending 2 mins on the phone getting it adjusted so i know that I am not going to have to wait and hope that the difference is indeed refunded to my card.( I have actually had 3 occasions where the difference never was refunded to my card when I didnt contact them) It says within 24 hours on the guarantee, i usually give them 36 hours before making the call.
Birdemic I totally forgot was comming out this week cause i had pre orderd it so long ago, it wasnt till i checked my daily balance on my credit card and noticed the 20.99 price that i realized it came out then i saw on another site that the amazon price had lowered to 16.49
Old 02-25-11, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Not true. You can still print. You just have to know where to look. I didn't have a printer available when I wanted to print Alice in Wonderland so I entered the code to get the coupon activated then called my mom to go to my account and print it for me. The banner may not be right there to print it, but you can find it under "My DMR" and "Unlocked Offers".
If it happens occasionally that way then you got lucky. And i had this confirmed to me in the past by Penny from Disney Movie Rewards, she stated its their policy to help prevent misuse that the upgrade coupons or offers are designed to only be printed at the same time you redeem the upc that you are upgrading.

Penny is the main disney movie rewards contact in case you were wondering.
Old 02-25-11, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
It doesnt always lower automaticly before it ships.
My most recent example of this was Birdemic It shipped after the online price lowerd to 16.49, but my invoice still said 20.99 and my card was charged 20.99 for it. It wasnt till today that they emailed me saying I was getting a refund for 4.50 to my card thanks to pre order price guarantee.

For most of us it really is more convient to just call them up and have it manually adjusted by the cs instead of having to wait 4 or 5 days to get a refund for something that should have automaticly adjusted on its own in the day(s) before the item shipped.
I much prefer spending 2 mins on the phone getting it adjusted so i know that I am not going to have to wait and hope that the difference is indeed refunded to my card.( I have actually had 3 occasions where the difference never was refunded to my card when I didnt contact them) It says within 24 hours on the guarantee, i usually give them 36 hours before making the call.
Birdemic I totally forgot was comming out this week cause i had pre orderd it so long ago, it wasnt till i checked my daily balance on my credit card and noticed the 20.99 price that i realized it came out then i saw on another site that the amazon price had lowered to 16.49
The only time i was credited on my account was when the price changed after my item was shipped (which is usually a day or two before release day). Otherwise, i've never had the problem you described.
Old 02-25-11, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whotony

Last edited by whotony; 03-01-11 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-25-11, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^looks like the dvd case, so no good for me.
Old 02-25-11, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
^looks like the dvd case, so no good for me.
If you go to www.giantfoodstores.com/bambi it does say:

"Save an additional $10 on Bambi Diamond Edition Blu-Ray or DVD combo pack"

BTW, thanks for that post Whotony!
Old 02-25-11, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess I'll check it out. might as well cancel my amazon order for $12.99. I ccan stiill
get it for that much at Target or BB if the Giant deal is no good.
Old 02-25-11, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Page also says.....

"Save an additional $10 on Bambi Diamond Edition Blu-Ray or DVD combo pack. Prior to purchase, click to electronically add a special coupon offer to your BONUSCARD. No coupons to clip, organize or bring to the store. When you purchase the specified product with your card you'll automatically save.

Add offer now, save between 3/1-3/5/11."

the link to add the auto coupon doesn't work yet. I suppose it will work on Tues.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.