Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu-Ray for $89.99 @ Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu-Ray for $89.99 @ Amazon

I ordered it when it was in my Quick Picks, so I have a $4.50 Gold Box discount on my order.

So will I get it for $75.49?

How much will it drop before Christmas? Much lower that that?
Old 09-09-11, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Apparently Toys R Us has Episodes IV-VI on BD @ $29.99 in their AD starting 9/11. Saw it posted over at CheapAssGamer.com
Old 09-09-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I ordered it when it was in my Quick Picks, so I have a $4.50 Gold Box discount on my order.

It will drop to $75.99, since you won't get the 5% ($.50) off the additional $10. At least that's how it's worked for me in the past.
Old 09-09-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Also in my Quick Picks Gold Box Discount for $75.99. This is after I cancel my original Gold Box order of $85.99 earlier this morning. I had completely forgotten I had ordered this box set until I got a email from Amazon.com about the change in shipping date. I will wait until I got get it if and when it drops under $50.
Old 09-09-11, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You might have to call, but, YES, they have to honor the lowest price AND the gold box discount. I had Thor in my GB and when it went down to $22.99, it did not adjust and I didn't want to take any chances.

I made sure I got a N. American call center and politely explained that the price guarantee applied to my order, that Thor had gone down $2, and my GB discount was supposed to come off of the new price of Thor.

He made the change in about 1 minute and that was it. Just be polite and if you don't want a headache, make sure you get someone on the end of the phone who will understand what you're trying to explain.
Old 09-09-11, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by edman180
looks like Amazon just price matched Target's $79.99 price
Disappointed that amazon couldn't match Barnes and Noble's $69.99 price from a few weeks ago. So, I have to wait a week or so before I get the set since BN ships via extreme "snail" mail. Upside is, I'll be able to read about how bad it is, and then watch it for myself.
Old 09-09-11, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I've never had a problem with Gold Box purchases automatically adjusting.
Old 09-10-11, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I called up cause my invoice still hadnt reflected the new 79.99 price before my promo cert, went through a run around with the outsourced CS REP who didnt know what a pre order price guarentee is (I always call if my invoice doesnt change ive had to many occasions where i get charged the higher price then have to wait for a refund) and just read off their BS CS script, repeating himself over and over again when i kept saying "Yes in a ideal world even if the price on the invoice hasnt changed yet, that when the item shipped i would get charged the lower price,but its been my experience that 7 times out of 10 thats not the case and i end up having to wait for a refund" I then ask to be transferd to a supervisor get another run around from the CS not wanting me to talk to a supervisor and making excuses for why the supervisor isnt available right then, finally after 20 mins of waiting I get transferd, the US based superviosr after only 30 seconds immediately says "No problem Ill adjust it for you right now" she also apologized that the outsourced cs i talked to was unfamilar with the policies and for my trouble she offered to lower it an extra 10.00 for me so that my price before shipping is now 69.99 minus my 25 dollars in promo bringing me to 44.99 for the complete saga

while their outsourced CS reps are not always the most knowledgeable when you get transfered to the US based cs reps and supervisors they go above and beyond to take care of things.
I only wanted to make sure i didnt get charged 10.00 more over the current price,and have to wait for a refund since this will probably ship any day now, and she offers to knock the price down even further and make it essentially 20.00 cheaper.
Not Yet Shipped
<INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=originalQuantity.kpnlmxptrikoy>
Items Ordered Price
1 of: Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray], Mark Hamill, et al
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$69.99

Shipping Address:
  • XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXX
  • XXXX XXXXXXXXX
  • Apt XXX
  • Hollywood, CA 90028
  • United States

Shipping Speed:
One-Day Shipping

Payment Information
Item(s) Subtotal:$69.99
Shipping & Handling:$0.00
Promotion Applied:-$25.00
-----
Total Before Tax:$44.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected:$0.00
-----
Grand Total:$44.99
Old 09-10-11, 09:13 AM
Cool New Member

What ship/ receive date is everyone getting from Amazon?

I ordered back in January and have a receipt date of 9/20. I "chatted" with Amazon yesterday morning and the rep couldn't change my delivery date even though the item page says RELEASE DAY DELIVERY FREE.

BTW, I pointed out my order history with Amazon (sort of embarrassing) and that I was an Amazon Prime member. The rep tried her best (seemed like US-based) and said she would personally check next Thursday (9/15) to see if it had shipped. I told her I would too, and if it had not, I would cancel and pick up at Target or Best Buy.

I have been a huge advocate for Amazon, but lately with their Friday releases (X-Men First Class) they have let me down.
Old 09-10-11, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rod319

I ordered back in January and have a receipt date of 9/20. I "chatted" with Amazon yesterday morning and the rep couldn't change my delivery date even though the item page says RELEASE DAY DELIVERY FREE.

BTW, I pointed out my order history with Amazon (sort of embarrassing) and that I was an Amazon Prime member. The rep tried her best (seemed like US-based) and said she would personally check next Thursday (9/15) to see if it had shipped. I told her I would too, and if it had not, I would cancel and pick up at Target or Best Buy.

I have been a huge advocate for Amazon, but lately with their Friday releases (X-Men First Class) they have let me down.
"Change" your shipping method to 2-day shipping, even I that's how it's already set. Just processing it will result in the delivery date being updated, even if you already had it set to 2-day and it didn't really change.
Old 09-10-11, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

AmityBoatTours, was your $25 promo credit on your Star Wars order at Amazon some Star Wars promo I missed or something specific to you that nobody else could've gotten?
Old 09-10-11, 03:05 PM

Received 809 Likes on 525 Posts

Canceled my SW set on Friday morning.

Amazon then matches the Target price.

The set was in my Gold Box today for $75.99. At $12.60 a disc, I can live with that.
Old 09-10-11, 03:07 PM

I'm going to guess that the $25 was definitely from another promotion.

I chatted with two CSRs today. The first was just copying and pasting from the help part of the site (or automatically choosing responses, I don't know how their live chat system works) and took a good 5-10 minutes to end up telling me that she wasn't going to adjust anything and that everything should be adjusted upon shipping.

I checked this forum and realized that people like Amity were able to get adjustments so I tried it again and I got another CSR who said hello, said it would take a moment and it was done in less than a minute from my logging onto the live chat. My gold box discount stayed active as well ($4 off instead of $4.50). So much better!

I wasn't lucky enough to get an extra $10 knocked off for my troubles, but I'm confident that I'll end up getting the lowest price Amazon is going to offer to everyone else!
Old 09-10-11, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

wouldn't surprise me if it was a video game credit, seen a bunch of them lately on Amazon.

Last edited by Jericho; 09-10-11 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-10-11, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rod319

Yes they can change it just ask to speak to a supervisor, I had the same issue, only mine said sept 27th. The supervisor took care of it for me with no problem. What they did was adjust the shipping to 1 day and didnt charge me for the 1 day shipping since prime 1 or 2 day shipping for a pre order still results in you getting the movie on release day.
Old 09-10-11, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by larrythefatcat
I'm going to guess that the $25 was definitely from another promotion.

I chatted with two CSRs today. The first was just copying and pasting from the help part of the site (or automatically choosing responses, I don't know how their live chat system works) and took a good 5-10 minutes to end up telling me that she wasn't going to adjust anything and that everything should be adjusted upon shipping.

I checked this forum and realized that people like Amity were able to get adjustments so I tried it again and I got another CSR who said hello, said it would take a moment and it was done in less than a minute from my logging onto the live chat. My gold box discount stayed active as well ($4 off instead of $4.50). So much better!

I wasn't lucky enough to get an extra $10 knocked off for my troubles, but I'm confident that I'll end up getting the lowest price Amazon is going to offer to everyone else!
Yeah my 25.00 promo was actually from a big ticket item that I ordered that didnt arrive as scheduled (I got a notification saying my item couldnt be delivered due to non exsitant address, even though i have gotten hundreds of amazon deliveries via ups to my address over the years, and they just returned it to amazon. so the rep reshipped the item to me and offered me a very generous promo credit for the hassel) I recieved the credit a few days before star wars was available for pre order, I still hadnt used it when they posted the pre order so i decided to use it on star wars, so i have had that pre order since January.
Old 09-12-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
"Change" your shipping method to 2-day shipping, even I that's how it's already set. Just processing it will result in the delivery date being updated, even if you already had it set to 2-day and it didn't really change.
I sent an email to them earlier but this is stupid because it worked. I was originally at the 27th but it changed to the 20th and now doing your trick made it the 16th.

I hate Friday releases in general since the store gets to keep the initial sale price for two days.
Old 09-13-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone else with one day shipping show theirs as shipping soon?
I was just checking my bank account to do figure out my balance and saw the pending charge from amazon and on my amazon page it now shows shipping soon.
I originally placed the order on January 11th
Old 09-14-11, 03:18 PM

I still have my order listed as "Not Yet Shipped" but I'm a Prime user and I'm not worried about getting it on Friday by 3PM or so.

Granted, I would LOVE to get it earlier, but I'm not going to hold my breath. My guess is that my set will ship tomorrow via overnight but if the Amazon gods are listening, PLEASE SEND IT NOW!!!!
Old 09-14-11, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just received my shipping notice, so it should arrive tomorrow via Prime.
Old 09-14-11, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 749 Likes on 370 Posts

Been waffling for a couple of weeks now, and today I cancelled both of my pre-orders (Amazon and bn.com -- I wasn't actually going to get both of them, I was always going to cancel the one that ended up being more expensive). I just can't justify putting any more money in GL's pocket when he doesn't care about fans of the OT.
Old 09-15-11, 06:44 PM

@obi-wan..why did u canceled the bn order for 44.79??? It is the cheapest price. I was informed just today that my order is waiting for ups to pickup it u but ill have to wait until next week for delivery. Uggh.Do u have any idea what people would pay for your cheap set..not saying that helping a fellow SD is a bad thing. ; ) IM still don't understand why the bn discount was not done by everyone plus whatever games could be purchased at 50% off
Old 09-15-11, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Because sometimes the cheapest price doesn't mean anything if the product is unwanted? But that was clear if you read his post.
Old 09-15-11, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 749 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by ballershanelle
@obi-wan..why did u canceled the bn order for 44.79??? It is the cheapest price. I was informed just today that my order is waiting for ups to pickup it u but ill have to wait until next week for delivery. Uggh.Do u have any idea what people would pay for your cheap set..not saying that helping a fellow SD is a bad thing. ; ) IM still don't understand why the bn discount was not done by everyone plus whatever games could be purchased at 50% off
I didn't have the 44.79 pre order, I missed that deal. Mine was for 74 and change, from when it was 69.99 on the website. If I had the 44.79 price, I would've canceled the Amazon order long ago, because I know it would never drop that low.

If I did have that price, not sure, I may have accepted the order and tried to resell it, but at price I had, it was an easier decision.
Old 09-16-11, 04:33 PM
Cool New Member

I'd be happy to have it today, if Amazon Prime shipping wasn't 'eff'ing USPS! I won't get my 'two day shipping guaranteed' until Monday or Tuesday.

Guess I'm glad it's only the trial!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.