Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

SE Editions of 'Hellboy 2' and 'Wanted' for $22.98

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-10, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SE Editions of 'Hellboy 2' and 'Wanted' for $22.98

Iam really surprised that they went ahead, and canceled quite a few of these, but atleast they are acting like B&N and Target about it, they are being up front in the email saying we screwed up.
Yes it would be nice if they would just go ahead and honor it, or provide a promo gc to use for the difference like walmart did when they screwed up on IronMan 2, or even provide A promo cert just for the inconvience. But the main thing is they admited they screwed up without a big run around.

I wonder how many people had orderd those 3 gift sets using the free holiday reward zone certs.
And if so if that might have played a role in them decideing they needed to cancel quite a few.

They might have looked at like well its one thing if we honor our huge price mistake if they are mostly paying credit, but its another thing if they are paying up to 20 bucks of the cost with the cert and the remaining couple dollars credit.

But this definately could end up backfireing on them, after the whole holiday reward zone cert confusion.
definately could encourage those people they had been trying woo back to say "forget bestbuy" in the future.
Old 12-29-10, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Be sure to keep all emails 'til this mess is cleared up. Hellboy 2 is still showing up in my order history but now it's $59.99 + tax since the other DVD set now shows as cancelled. This might get messy.
Oh great.

They already shipped me my Hellboy 2 for $12.xx on Monday. They can't magically go and charge me $60 for it now, can they?
Old 12-29-10, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by anomynous
Oh great.

They already shipped me my Hellboy 2 for $12.xx on Monday. They can't magically go and charge me $60 for it now, can they?
nope not without your permission. so your safe.
Old 12-29-10, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
nope not without your permission. so your safe.
Not stopping them:

Best part?

That payment adjustment & the Visa card number it shows? That's not mine.

Last edited by anomynous; 12-29-10 at 01:37 AM.
Old 12-29-10, 01:46 AM

I don’t know when saying "yeah we fucked it up it's a price mistake or this item shouldn't include in this sale" become ok. Like we are supposed to be grateful and take this shit over and over again. If you catch a price mistake in the store then they have to honor it and if something is on sale for a certain price then they have to honor that price in store too. But somehow it is ok to just cancel all online orders and say you won’t get jack shit but you can order the item for MSRP if you want to. I feel like they are laughing their ass of about this situation.
Old 12-29-10, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not stopping them:

Best part?

You know what Iam going to back track what i said above about atleast they didnt give a run around like the other retailers did recently.
After seeing your post and then reading the thread over at slick deals, bestbuy has really screwed up big time on this, I can see there being a class action lawsuit being filed. A company legally cant recharge your card for a higher price than you first approved, just cause they allready shipped the item to you before they realize they made a price mistake on the website.

Bestbuy is going to realize very quickly that they should have just taken the items in question off the list or changed it to sold out online. and then just gone ahead and honored the price for those who got in before they discoverd the mistake like they did on clash of the titans.

when you start processing credit authorizations at a much higher price,on a persons card without getting a official ok back from them for a higher price they didnt approve, thats crossing into fraud.

Think about it if you use your bank debit card to pay for your order, and you pretty much live paycheck to paycheck only allowing a certain amount of your money for non essentials, then it could cause you to start bouncing checks you might have written for rent or utilites cause bestbuy have now placed a hold on your account for lets say 120 dollars (assumming you orderd 1 hell boy and 1 wanted set) instead of 25 and some change. even if it eventually falls off or is charged all the way and refunded theres still that period of time you wont have access to(in this example 95 bucks)a good chunk of yor money you were planning to use for your monthly expenses.
Old 12-29-10, 03:57 AM
Cool New Member

I ordered the Coraline 3D + the Coraline Set, paid through Paypal $23.90. Got the back order notice, then the cancellation notice for the Coraline Set, saying I'd get my payment method credited. So I check Paypal and instead of a credit, they charged me an additional $17.69!

The only thing I can think of is that they're charging me the regular price for the Coraline 3D, $39.99 + tax! And I wonder why I don't ever buy from Best Buy!

At least it's Paypal so I can dispute the charge. I'll call BB customer service first but what a hassle.
Old 12-29-10, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Best part?

I got you beat! My order appears screwed up as well, and also shows a credit to a credit card number that isn't mine. But look at how much!

The funny thing is, I didn't even pay with a credit card! I used a gift card that only had like $32 on it. But that's still enough for them to charge me more than I agreed to... Right now, the GC is still charged the full amount for BOTH items, even though one was canceled.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-29-10 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-29-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Between this and them constantly hitting my credit card with charges for my Salt steelbook that they still haven't shipped I'm done buying discs through Best Buy. I don't have the crazy charges on the order from this topic as some of you(mine is 43.00 after they canceled Hellboy 2) but it's enough to tell me to stop purchasing movies from them. I get an email notification every few days telling me about the new charge they placed on my card. As of right now I'm watching for this from their email:

Originally Posted by Best Buy
If you have other qualified blu-ray movies on your order you will still receive it at the sale price; however, you will see a charge on your account at the item's regular selling price plus any applicable taxes and once the item ships out you will see a refund on your account in order to honor the item at the $11.49 bundle offer plus any applicable taxes. Note there is no action your part.

You will receive an e-mail confirming the credit once it has been applied. Credits to your credit card should appear on your statement within your current or next billing cycle. Please contact your credit card company with any questions regarding your credit after it has been applied.
And if I don't get the credit I'll be forwarding all emails directly to my credit card company and letting them deal with it.
Old 12-29-10, 11:40 AM
Cool New Member

Same thing happened to. They cancel my HELLBOY CE and Charged me full price $59.99 on my Coraline CE. I already called BB CS regarding the problems and they can't do anything coz it's back ordered and haven't shipped. They can't make any price adjustment. I already requested a case number in case if it gets shipped i can call and gets price adjust to get credits on my credit card. Good thing i still have enough money on my credit card. I feel sorry to those who didn't. They will get charged a overdraft or over the credit limit fee... F**K BB...
Old 12-29-10, 11:49 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

They said they would charge full price and credit
Back the difference. Did you guys not read the email or am I missing something?
Old 12-29-10, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
They said they would charge full price and credit
Back the difference. Did you guys not read the email or am I missing something?
It says that for movies that apply to the deal.........not the CEs.

Either way, they still can't legally do what they're doing.
Old 12-29-10, 12:40 PM
Suspended

Gotcha. Yeah they can't charge you a price you didn't agree to.
Old 12-29-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by syetangpogiko
Same thing happened to. They cancel my HELLBOY CE and Charged me full price $59.99 on my Coraline CE. I already called BB CS regarding the problems and they can't do anything coz it's back ordered and haven't shipped. They can't make any price adjustment. I already requested a case number in case if it gets shipped i can call and gets price adjust to get credits on my credit card. Good thing i still have enough money on my credit card. I feel sorry to those who didn't. They will get charged a overdraft or over the credit limit fee... F**K BB...
I'm shocked they didn't cancel your Coraline CE, too. I wonder why not...
Old 12-29-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

So on orders that are on backorder they are already charging the full price? They sent me actual cancellation emails today. I'll be monitoring my Best Buy credit card for the next week to make sure they're not sneaking a charge in there. What a crock of shit this sale turned out to be. I can understand mistakingly putting one deluxe/box set in there but to put multiple ones in there makes you wonder. Especially considering they even had them in the sale alongside the regular editions of each of them.
Old 12-29-10, 07:19 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Got the cancellation emails and checked my Best Buy order status and 'Hellboy 2' is showing backordered at full price but with canceled next to it. The 'Wanted' set shows up at $11.49 and shows canceled, but that set is actually still in the list of blu rays that is part of the original deal.

Checking my credit card I still show a pending sale of $24.XX, so I'll be keeping a close eye on that
Old 12-29-10, 07:43 PM

Well, got Mamma Mia shipped and arrived ok today(the title I wanted least, but...),

And as far as Paypal charges, looks like they charged and refunded me a couple times and as of current, am not showing anything taken out for the set.

That will probably change in the next day or so (which is fine assuming it's around $12 and not $40+) and this ended up being waaaay too much trouble for me/them, when they could have just honored the orders that made it through and/or issued a refund then a gift cert. to make it right instead.

While hardly surprising, the whole thing is leaving a bit of a bad taste in my mouth for BB.

[QUOTE=jayceman;10563956]3 out of 4 cancelled,
oh well, hope Mamma Mia ships just to get something out of it:

<snip> You have ordered at least one of these items; and as a result, the item(s) will be canceled from your order. This error has now been corrected on BestBuy.com.

Coraline Collector's Blu-ray Edition (SKU 9616698)
Wanted Blu-ray (SKU 9071862)
Hellboy II: The Golden Army Blu-ray (SKU 9071666)
Old 12-29-10, 10:31 PM

For those who paid with BB giftcards, how is this going to work? I hope they don't screw up what's left over in my giftcards (if anything, as I had to use several) and keeping track what they applied back to them.
Old 12-29-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 357 Posts

Damn...I got in late and didn't see the cancellations...

I just ordered Wanted CE and Mama Mia (for wife..lol)...so what will they do?

So...reading the above email will get Mama Mia for $11.49, but will cancel Wanted? Well that sucks. I wanted Wanted and got Mama Mia so wife wouldn't yell at me to much...lol
Old 12-30-10, 12:00 PM

They canceled my Coraline CE and changed my Coraline 3D to full price. Paid with Paypal balance, they took more money to cover the increase in price, so I just canceled the order. It looked like this on Paypal:
Dec 26, 2010 Order To BestBuy.com In Progress Details -$24.36 USD

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Amount
Dec 26, 2010 Pending Balance Payment Placed Details -$24.36 USD
Dec 26, 2010 Pending Balance Payment Removed Details $24.36 USD
Dec 26, 2010 Express Checkout Payment Sent -$24.36 USD
Dec 28, 2010 Express Checkout Payment Sent -$18.03 USD
Dec 30, 2010 Refund Completed Details $18.03 USD
Dec 30, 2010 Refund Completed Details $24.36 USD
Old 12-30-10, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

someone wrote into consumerist about this. looks like it's happening to quite a few people.
Old 12-30-10, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by consoleman
For those who paid with BB giftcards, how is this going to work? I hope they don't screw up what's left over in my giftcards (if anything, as I had to use several) and keeping track what they applied back to them.
They will. It happened to me... I called the 800#, and they are clueless. They had to escalate my ticket.
Old 12-30-10, 12:14 PM

Purchase Authorization BEST BUY LOC: RIC HFIELD MN (12.76) 12/27/2010
Purchase Authorization BEST BUY LOC: RIC HFIELD MN (13.80) 12/27/2010
Purchase Authorization BEST BUY LOC: RIC HFIELD MN (24.42) 12/29/2010

Best Buy keep charging me even though they canceled both Hellboy and Wanted??? WTF am i supposed to do? I am sick of this BS.
Old 12-30-10, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^^^ I love how they keep attempting to authorize different amounts each time...
Old 12-30-10, 12:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ScottsDvds
They canceled my Coraline CE and changed my Coraline 3D to full price. Paid with Paypal balance, they took more money to cover the increase in price, so I just canceled the order. It looked like this on Paypal:
Dec 26, 2010 Order To BestBuy.com In Progress Details -$24.36 USD

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Amount
Dec 26, 2010 Pending Balance Payment Placed Details -$24.36 USD
Dec 26, 2010 Pending Balance Payment Removed Details $24.36 USD
Dec 26, 2010 Express Checkout Payment Sent -$24.36 USD
Dec 28, 2010 Express Checkout Payment Sent -$18.03 USD
Dec 30, 2010 Refund Completed Details $18.03 USD
Dec 30, 2010 Refund Completed Details $24.36 USD
...but they'll refund you once it ships.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.