Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-10, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Thanks OP, I received $20.

After reading all the posts, I went ahead and called rewardzone. I just told the CSA that I received a email couple of days ago saying I have $20 certificate (I didn't get the email actually) but I didn't see it in my account. The CSA just added $20 certificate to my account. It will take 5 - 7 days to show up in my account but if I have something I want to buy now, he can credit $20 from the total.

The number I called 888-237-8289, choose 1(rewardzone), then say "Operator".
Old 12-20-10, 02:36 PM
Cool New Member

Well,

I contacted Amazon. They wouldn't give me 20.00, but they did give me a 7.00 promo credit.

So random of a number, but I guess its better then nothing!
Old 12-20-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexOi
Thanks OP, I received $20.

After reading all the posts, I went ahead and called rewardzone. I just told the CSA that I received a email couple of days ago saying I have $20 certificate (I didn't get the email actually) but I didn't see it in my account. The CSA just added $20 certificate to my account. It will take 5 - 7 days to show up in my account but if I have something I want to buy now, he can credit $20 from the total.

The number I called 888-237-8289, choose 1(rewardzone), then say "Operator".
So you lied to get the certificate, good for you!
Old 12-20-10, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

5 minutes of polite discussion and BB gave me the other $10, so I got the $20.

I think they're being told to just say yes to almost anyone, but it didn't hurt that I'm a silver member with a lot of money spent there. I could tell the guy didn't have any desire to tell me, "no, you shouldn't get this, but other people should."
Old 12-20-10, 03:22 PM

I really wish that they would revamp the certificate thing all together.

Instead of printing out a certificate to take to the store, what about just having it tied to the card. The customer would present the card as usual, and the certificate amount would be shown on-screen to the cashier and the cashier would ask the customer if they wish to use the certificate on this purchase. All electronic and more eco-friendly.

Big Lots already does this with their loyalty card.
Old 12-20-10, 03:26 PM

Sent a nice email to best buy as I am a silver member and was given 1,004 points. I was given the extra 4 as I was 4 away from a $5 certificate. so writing the email was worth it.
Old 12-20-10, 03:37 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by vedderone
Sent a nice email to best buy as I am a silver member and was given 1,004 points. I was given the extra 4 as I was 4 away from a $5 certificate. so writing the email was worth it.

When did you write it? I wrote one last night and thus far have only gotten an automated response.
Old 12-20-10, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

I just called. spent about 20 minutes on hold. told them my friends (everyone here) had received a loyalty bonus and i was calling to see if i was eligible. i said maybe the email got caught in my spam filter. she said that I was eligible and i should've received an email (i think that's a lie). she said they points won't be credited until after christmas, but that's ok, because i need to buy a tv.
Old 12-20-10, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
I really wish that they would revamp the certificate thing all together.

Instead of printing out a certificate to take to the store, what about just having it tied to the card. The customer would present the card as usual, and the certificate amount would be shown on-screen to the cashier and the cashier would ask the customer if they wish to use the certificate on this purchase. All electronic and more eco-friendly.
That would be a good idea... All I can say is, their certificate process is better than it used to be! They used to expire WAY too quickly. Plus if you returned something you used a certificate on, it would take a LONG time for the points to be put back in your account and a new cert generated. Now it takes only 2 days.
Old 12-20-10, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amazon gave me the same BS email this morning about promotions coming up they cant share details about. Oh well, $60 outta BB for doing nothing aint half bad.
Old 12-20-10, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It pretty much depends on who you speak with. I sent an e-mail but didn't hear back, so I called them and a guy said I was excluded by mistake and that he'd credit me the points. Then I heard back today on the e-mail, and the girl said I was ineligible and that she couldn't help. They're just making stuff up as they go.

The guy who said he'd credit me the points said it would take two business days (this was on Saturday), but now I don't know if the girl cancelled that out or not. Oh well. Best Buy is going to get a nasty letter, but other than that, I'm done worrying about it.
Old 12-20-10, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

my points arent there sent email looks like I may get an answer faster if I call them.

Maybe not, said I would be on hold for around 20 minutes

Last edited by acubfaninmd; 12-20-10 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-20-10, 05:22 PM

For those that got the $10/$20 certificate after calling, how long did it take to show up in your account?
Old 12-20-10, 05:35 PM

i just called and got a $10 cert. better than nothing i guess. she said it would be in my account in a few days. hopefully it shows up. thanks OP
Old 12-20-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I emailed Target and Walmart, asking them why they didn't do something like this. Target gave me a $20 GC, and WM gave me a $25 GC. I think I'll contact a bunch of other stores now...
Spoiler:
Yes, I'm joking, but I'm sure someone has done it. If Amazon was contacted, I'm sure other stores were as well. But I won't waste my time anymore. I'm happy I got my 20 bucks from BB. I'm done now.
Old 12-20-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Amazon gave me the same BS email this morning about promotions coming up they cant share details about. Oh well, $60 outta BB for doing nothing aint half bad.
You have 3 accounts???
Old 12-20-10, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got off the phone with best buy after being on hold for around 30 minutes. Was told it went into my inactive account which I haven;.t used in over 3 years. Was given the account number and told to set up online account and I would have my certificate. Now I can't get signed into that account says I need to call Best Buy, not spending another 30 minutes on hold tonight. Will call back tomorrow and speak to them again.
Old 12-20-10, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
You have 3 accounts???
Nah, it was $50 for the "test drive" i didnt have to do and $10 certificate for calling and asking where my freebie was.
Old 12-20-10, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I emailed Target and Walmart, asking them why they didn't do something like this. Target gave me a $20 GC, and WM gave me a $25 GC. I think I'll contact a bunch of other stores now...
Spoiler:
Yes, I'm joking, but I'm sure someone has done it. If Amazon was contacted, I'm sure other stores were as well. But I won't waste my time anymore. I'm happy I got my 20 bucks from BB. I'm done now.

thats funny.....
Old 12-20-10, 06:27 PM

i sent 3 emails asking about the $10 was the 1st email,the 2nd 2 were about $20...

i did get a email saying i was not qualified but they gave me $10 it will take 7-10 days...i did not see it in my account yet

i wonder if they will answer the other 2 emails i sent also about the $20
Old 12-20-10, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After not being able to log into the account I was told my reward was in I called back. Only had to spend 20 minutes on hold this time. Was told they would sent me temp. password for account that has the rewards in it. Said it would take 10 minutes. Still haven't received it. If I have to call back again I will do it tomorrow. Already sent email to Best buy general customer service about how unhappy I am and will have to send another one tomorrow if things aren't fixed. Haven't spent a lot there this year only around $1700, but I want what is promised to me in the email, not given some runaround about it. I think I may stick with Amazon from now.
Old 12-20-10, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rammsteinfan
Nah, it was $50 for the "test drive" i didnt have to do and $10 certificate for calling and asking where my freebie was.
That test drive thing was awesome. Nothing says merry christmas like a free $50 gift certificate.
Old 12-20-10, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tried writing Amazon about "matching" the BB promo and they gave me a $20 promo for use on a future order. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-20-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still don't know what people mean by "matching". It's not matching, it's calling another company and saying "They gave me free money, I want you to give me free money too" It's akin to begging imo. I honestly make enough money to support my habit without taking advantage of and begging from amazon.
Old 12-20-10, 08:18 PM

Sent an email to Best Buy, we'll see if we get an answer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.