Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-11, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Not sure if this has been noted yet, but Friday is listed at $6.99 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Friday-Directors-Cut-Blu-ray-Cube/dp/B002CA68MK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1293924187&sr=8-3
Old 01-01-11, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NANNY MCPHEE RETURNS down a whole dollar! Only $24.99 for what is arguably the greatest movie of all time! And a reference quality Blu Ray, I'm sure. I mean I got WIZARD OF OZ and CASABLANCA for $12 each and this is double those so it must be simply AMAZING!!!
Old 01-01-11, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
NANNY MCPHEE RETURNS down a whole dollar! Only $24.99 for what is arguably the greatest movie of all time! And a reference quality Blu Ray, I'm sure. I mean I got WIZARD OF OZ and CASABLANCA for $12 each and this is double those so it must be simply AMAZING!!!
fail
Old 01-02-11, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
You should send them back the box........empty.
You know what if i wasn't afraid of them canceling my account(after the horror stories i have read online of them canceling accounts in the last year or so) I would probably do that. Since ya know I paid for the freaking thing lol
But i would hate to loose my account just because of a dispute over low priced bluray.
(this is the first time I have not recieved a package that ups says was delivered, but i have had to do a decent number of exchanges or returns over the years(maybe about 7 times), due to damage incurred durring shipping(everytime ive recieved a damaged item its been via ups) and what not. and i was reading how if amazon feels you have to many concessions on your account they will just cancel your account on you. the problem is no one knows what there idea of to many is lol)

I guess I should just be thankful that if a movie was going to be misdeliverd, i am glad its one that only cost me 6.99

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 01-02-11 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-02-11, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
i was reading how if amazon feels you have to many concessions on your account they will just cancel your account on you. the problem is no one knows what there idea of to many is lol)
I have not heard of this. I do returns and exchanges to them all the time, and endless begging for price adjustments. But I've never said I didn't receive an item...
Old 01-02-11, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon is extremely good about returns, you should all know that now. Just let them know that you never got the other again. If this isn't something that happens a lot I'm sure they'll understand. Now if it happens 3 times a month then yeah, they aren't going to believe you.

Amazon has been good to me, I would honestly feel horrible if I was telling them I didn't receive something that I did.

Only one time did i not receive something. I called them and they immediately sent out a new order next day shipping and said that IF I receive them to send them back, sure enough, got the package like 4 days later. I sent them back to amazon. Now THAT is why they are number 1.
Old 01-02-11, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
You know what if i wasn't afraid of them canceling my account(after the horror stories i have read online of them canceling accounts in the last year or so) I would probably do that. Since ya know I paid for the freaking thing lol
But i would hate to loose my account just because of a dispute over low priced bluray.
(this is the first time I have not recieved a package that ups says was delivered, but i have had to do a decent number of exchanges or returns over the years(maybe about 7 times), due to damage incurred durring shipping(everytime ive recieved a damaged item its been via ups) and what not. and i was reading how if amazon feels you have to many concessions on your account they will just cancel your account on you. the problem is no one knows what there idea of to many is lol)

I guess I should just be thankful that if a movie was going to be misdeliverd, i am glad its one that only cost me 6.99

Ya, I have no clue how much I spend with them. But last year at the time they closed my account it was 611 orders by 1 Jan to 20 Dec 10 (The last thing was the Watchmen and Batpod). I did have 18 returns. Before you say it. Think of it as going to any store 611 times.

Out of the 18, 11 of them was just for MP Sellers. They could not count to 2, 6 or even 7 (Season of 24, movie also). sO THOSE went back (would you keep a set of discs that should have 7 to them and only getting 3/4?). Only one would be called buyers remorse if you want to call it that (I bought the smaller Sound of Musics and then 2 days later bought the box set so I sent it back).

In anycase they closed my account would not say why. It took me calling the corp office (still never told me why) to get a new account. The sad part is (if there is?) they missed out on my end of year order (that amount I do know). It went to Keurig (30, B70 with coffee (36 k-cups)

Just be careful the people there only use cut and paste answers.
Old 01-02-11, 09:58 AM

Supernatural Season 5 is $19.99 right now. I ordered one since I think that's the cheapest it's been.
Old 01-02-11, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by carnage6
Supernatural Season 5 is $19.99 right now. I ordered one since I think that's the cheapest it's been.
that is definitely the cheapest it's been. I am kicking myself for buying it during the "Black Friday sale" when it was $30 or so. In fact most of the sales around that time have been beaten (sometimes substantially) during the holidays. I don't know if I will bother with black friday anymore.
Old 01-02-11, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carnage6
It most likely won't be $20 for much longer. Amazon was price matching Best Buy and the BB sale ended yesterday.
Old 01-02-11, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by drq2
Ya, I have no clue how much I spend with them. But last year at the time they closed my account it was 611 orders by 1 Jan to 20 Dec 10 (The last thing was the Watchmen and Batpod). I did have 18 returns. Before you say it. Think of it as going to any store 611 times.

Out of the 18, 11 of them was just for MP Sellers. They could not count to 2, 6 or even 7 (Season of 24, movie also). sO THOSE went back (would you keep a set of discs that should have 7 to them and only getting 3/4?). Only one would be called buyers remorse if you want to call it that (I bought the smaller Sound of Musics and then 2 days later bought the box set so I sent it back).

In anycase they closed my account would not say why. It took me calling the corp office (still never told me why) to get a new account. The sad part is (if there is?) they missed out on my end of year order (that amount I do know). It went to Keurig (30, B70 with coffee (36 k-cups)

Just be careful the people there only use cut and paste answers.
You successfully reopened your account? I am always terrified of returning items to amazon. I've always only done exchanges when they've sent me stuff that arrived damaged, but just yesterday I needed to do an actual return for a refund. It was for an av/component switch that caused the image to flicker in and out. For a second there, I found myself wondering if it was worth sending it back for a refund because I didn't want them to close my account.

People always say you need to return A LOT for it to happen, but other people claim it happened after just a few returns, regardless of the money they've spent there.
Old 01-02-11, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'd heard about too many concessions (i.e. asking for adjustments, etc.) possibly resulting in an account being canceled, but I'd never heard it about returning unopened items. I would imagine any company could ban you if you returned a large percentage of what you bought (i.e. at least 25% in my opinion), but most probably don't. If Amazon is so dead set against returns then why do they list a return policy and why did they extend it? I've almost never returned anything before, but these last 2 months I got several things cheaper so I probably have a dozen unopened movies to return to them across various orders. It's hard to imagine they'd ban someone who spends a lot of money with them for returning some unopened items, but anything is possible in this crazy world. That just gives me 1 more thing to worry about when I return these.

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
People always say you need to return A LOT for it to happen, but other people claim it happened after just a few returns, regardless of the money they've spent there.
Assuming this business about them closing people's accounts for returning items is true (which I hope it's not unless you returned hundreds of things), is "A LOT" determined by how many different occasions or by how many items total? (I'm afraid nobody knows since it seems banning is rare and those who do get banned don't get told why.)
Old 01-02-11, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have asked for price adjustments quite a few times. I hope they don't close my account. I love amazon.
Old 01-02-11, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
You successfully reopened your account?
Yes and No. When I called them (the main office) and talk to a nice person . She would not tell me anything, she was talking down to me and would not listen if she ever was? I got mad and said something I almost never do. At that point she no longer talked down to me. This person was not a CSR.

She said she would look into it. I gave her a time frame needless to say I was very pissed off. She told me to hold on and asked if I had another email address. Gave me a new account, with Prime (Not really free as I had paid for the other one).

I know this is OT for this thread. But I have found out, is. They the CSR (not in the USA) will give you a AGC at the drop of a hat even if you do not ask for it. They also at times do not ask for it to be returned. They will give you $1 to $10. A US CSR will do the same and give you up to $200 (Yes I did say $200). Both will also at a drop of the hat refund you and tell you to keep the item. Amazon CSR will not try to fix the problem. They just give you their money and yours back.
Old 01-02-11, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Previous lists:
1-1-11, 12-31-10, 12-30-10, 12-29-10, 12-28-10, 12-27-10, 12-26-10, 12-25-10, 12-24-10, 12-23-10, 12-22-10, 12-21-10, 12-20-10, 12-19-10, 12-18-10, 12-17-10, 12-16-10, 12-15-10, 12-14-10
[Prices may have changed since titles were posted. Or not.]

Today's New Lows and Old Lows:

Salvage $6.99
ega Shark vs. Giant Octopus $6.99

Dude Where's My Car $8.99

The Marine $9.99
Annapolis $9.99

Presumed Innocent / Frantic (Thriller Double Feature) $13.99
Analyze This/Analyze That (Comedy Double Feature) $13.99
Practical Magic / The Witches of Eastwick (Comedy Double Feature) $13.99
Grumpy Old Men / Grumpier Old Men (Comedy Double Feature) $13.99
The Enforcer / Sudden Impact (Action Double Feature) $13.99
Insomnia $13.99

Extract $14.99
$14.99
Free Willy: Escape from Pirate's Cove $14.99
Enemy of the State $14.99

According to Greta $15.99

Ip Man $17.49
Down Terrace $17.49

Coraline (Two-Disc Collector's Edition w/ 3D) $18.99

When in Rome $19.99

National Geographic: Great Migrations $22.49

Aircraft at War: The Memphis Belle Deluxe Edition $26.99

Guyver: Complete Box Set $32.99
Old 01-02-11, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did anybody order any BDs from the list with movie cash for Little Fockers? I ordered Baby Mama for $8.99 and Knocked Up for $10.99 and it said you'd receive the movie cash via email upon shipment, but I never did. So, I emailed them last Friday with a link to the promo and received some bullshit answer that it would take them up to a week to find a solution. Well, today was 9 days and no answer back. So, I sent another email and a few hours later got a response saying they would credit me $8 for each order. Not bad seeing as the movie cash wasn't valid at my local theater and I would've had to travel 50 miles back and forth to see it. And by the look of reviews of the movie it isn't cinema's finest hour.
Old 01-02-11, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Darn it. Was hoping Guyver was a misspelling on Lizard's part and that it was MacGyver on blu-ray
Old 01-02-11, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ Nope.

[I'm lazy so I use [Ctrl]-C and [Ctrl]-V to copy and paste data from the Amazon website rather than type it all out.]
Old 01-02-11, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by drq2
She told me to hold on and asked if I had another email address. Gave me a new account, with Prime (Not really free as I had paid for the other one).
Ah, Prime is the tricky part. I was gonna say, it sounds simple to get a new account. Just use another email address! I have 2 Amazon accounts currently, and use both, so I can use coupons more than once. But getting your Prime back could be problematic...
Old 01-02-11, 06:36 PM

The Social Network [Blu-ray] (2010) $16.99

Price matched with BestBuy.com
Old 01-02-11, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Andras

Thanks canceled my order at BB -- they're my least favorite merchant...

-Tim
Old 01-02-11, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Traffic just dropped to 9.99, and I have a week before getting paid, I hope it holds.

nvermind, it's a dual disc with blu on one side and dvd on the other.. I refuse to buy and support those. Dumbest fucking idea ever.
Old 01-02-11, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
Did anybody order any BDs from the list with movie cash for Little Fockers? I ordered Baby Mama for $8.99 and Knocked Up for $10.99 and it said you'd receive the movie cash via email upon shipment, but I never did. So, I emailed them last Friday with a link to the promo and received some bullshit answer that it would take them up to a week to find a solution. Well, today was 9 days and no answer back. So, I sent another email and a few hours later got a response saying they would credit me $8 for each order. Not bad seeing as the movie cash wasn't valid at my local theater and I would've had to travel 50 miles back and forth to see it. And by the look of reviews of the movie it isn't cinema's finest hour.
Have you tried to redeem the movie cash at your theater?

Whenever I get movie cash or concession cash, the website I redeem the codes at never has my local 1st-run theater listed, but they do have the second-run and drive-in listed. That being said, I've never had a problem redeeming the cash at the 1st-run theater.
Old 01-02-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Andras

Cancelled at Best Buy and ordered at Amazon.
Old 01-02-11, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Have you tried to redeem the movie cash at your theater?

Whenever I get movie cash or concession cash, the website I redeem the codes at never has my local 1st-run theater listed, but they do have the second-run and drive-in listed. That being said, I've never had a problem redeeming the cash at the 1st-run theater.
I know, but I never even received any movie cash. $3.98 for 2 BDs works for me though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.