DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/583084-amazon-discounts-deals-thread-7-7-ill-pretend.html)

lizard 12-06-10 09:37 AM

Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Here are some links to various useful sites for tracking Amazon prices. Some of these have been suggested by numerous people over the last four threads. I list the earliest post of which I became aware. The ones I find most useful:

Originally Posted by flashburn
I prefer the one at Blu-ray.com. It updates constantly and has mouse over graphs showing previous prices.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/deals....ll&country=usa

That link lists all recent price drops in order. The variant I prefer is this one: New Lowest Prices.

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
... just bookmark www.cinemasquid.com

These variants may be useful: Amazon list sorted by price
Amazon list sorted by size of discount

Another site, mentioned by several here, which is useful for checking price history is camelcamelcamel A Google search will come up with a number of other sites that also specialize in tracking Amazon prices. An advantage of camelcamelcamel, and other such sites, is that you can look up the price history for things other than DVDs/BDs, for example, a Blu-ray Disc player, CD, book, and so forth.

That should be enough resources to get people started.

Newcomers, please don't be reticent about posting good Amazon deals that you happen across. Better a deal gets posted twice than not at all.

New lows (from 12-6-10):
Spoiler:

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World $6.99
Traitor $6.99
Righteous Kill $6.99

Fame (Extended Dance Edition + Digital Copy) $8.99
Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball $8.99
Babylon A.D. $8.99
The Lost Boys $8.99
Made of Honor $8.99
Hancock (Unrated Special Edition) $8.99
The Mysteries of Pittsburgh $8.99
Vanishing Point $8.99
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans $8.99
The Dirty Dozen $8.99
Max Payne (Unrated Edition) $8.99
88 Minutes $8.99
8 Mile $8.99
Mirrors $8.99
The Day the Earth Stood Still (3-Disc Special Edition) $8.99
21 $8.99
Role Models $8.99
Let the Right One In $8.99
A Clockwork Orange $8.99
The Last Starfighter (25th Anniversary Edition) $8.99
Hellboy (Director's Cut) $8.99
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 $8.99
District 9 $8.99
The Fifth Element (Remastered) $8.99
Shoot 'Em Up $8.99
An American Werewolf in London (Full Moon Edition) $8.99

The Beast Stalker $11.99
Perhaps Love $11.99

The Disappearance of Alice Creed $13.99
Sherlock Holmes $13.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete First Season $13.99
The Road $13.99

The Warlords $15.99
George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead (Ultimate Undead Edition) $15.99

Battlefield - Great European Battles of WWII - As Seen On PBS! $17.49

The Princess and the Frog (Single Disc Blu-ray) $18.99
Grown Ups $18.99
Robin Hood: Unrated Director's Cut (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $18.99
The Last Airbender (Single Disc) $18.99
Eat Pray Love $18.99
Predators $18.99
Toy Story (Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo w/ Blu-ray Packaging) $18.99
Night at the Museum Collection $18.99

America: The Story of Us $20.49

James and the Giant Peach (Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $21.99

Disney's A Christmas Carol (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy) $26.49

Space: 1999: The Complete Season One $49.99

Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 Ultimate 3D Starter Kit (Avatar 3D + 2 Rechargeable Glasses) <s>$377.33</s> $362.03

Other price drops:

How to Train Your Dragon (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Dragon Double Pack) $19.99 (not a new low)

August Rush $14.99 (not a new low)

quid squid 12-06-10 10:03 AM

Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Magnificent Seven $24.49 (regular price $69.99)

glassdragon 12-06-10 10:41 AM

Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

District 9 link is not set up right lizard :)

Jediturtle 12-06-10 10:46 AM

Thanks for the new thread. No idea why Adam thought I was taking it too seriously though...not my intent at all. I just wanted to avoid the confusion of people wandering looking for Amazon deals and not seeing them. Not sure why it was bad of me to think the Black Friday thread was no longer valid. Either way, thanks for the new thread and a huge thanks to Lizard for always posting the goods. :)

kenbenobi 12-06-10 10:51 AM

I would love to buy Space:1999 on BD, but it will be SOOOO expensive buying them one season at a time, especially since I own the complete DVD collection already...

lizard 12-06-10 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon (Post 10529827)
District 9 link is not set up right lizard :)

Fixed. Thanks.

lizard 12-06-10 11:38 AM

I'm going to put a plug in for Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. It is a steal for $6.99. Anyone with a good surround sound system will want this BD to show it off. And it is a good introduction to the Patrick O'Brian novels from which the movie screenplay was adapted.

melih69 12-06-10 12:17 PM

Thanks lizard. Best thread title ever :)

lizard 12-06-10 12:31 PM

Re: "Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)"

^It wasn't my thread title, Adam Tyner "hijacked" my post from the other thread and created this one. Which is fine by me.

alfonsosoriano 12-06-10 12:38 PM

Love this thread. You guys are the best.

SethDLH 12-06-10 12:49 PM

Damn, LTROI for $9? In for that.

Edit- The BDs are all coming with theatrical subs now, right?

Navinabob 12-06-10 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jediturtle (Post 10529834)
Thanks for the new thread. No idea why Adam thought I was taking it too seriously though...not my intent at all. I just wanted to avoid the confusion of people wandering looking for Amazon deals and not seeing them. Not sure why it was bad of me to think the Black Friday thread was no longer valid. Either way, thanks for the new thread and a huge thanks to Lizard for always posting the goods. :)

You were a bit abrupt and basically gave an order to change the title as opposed to perhaps asking in a softer questioning tone. (as in "Can we start a new thread since Black Friday is no longer in effect? People might be missing out on deals if they think everything here is just Black Friday discussions.")

Larry C. 12-06-10 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jediturtle (Post 10529834)

I think thats the point Adam was making. You're too worried about other peoples confusion. :lol:

Jediturtle 12-06-10 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Navinabob (Post 10530116)
You were a bit abrupt and basically gave an order to change the title as opposed to perhaps asking in a softer questioning tone. (as in "Can we start a new thread since Black Friday is no longer in effect? People might be missing out on deals if they think everything here is just Black Friday discussions.")

My apologies that it came off in that tone. That wasn't my intent.

Back to our regularly scheduled confusion! :)

Superdaddy 12-06-10 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by lizard (Post 10529936)
I'm going to put a plug in for Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. It is a steal for $6.99. Anyone with a good surround sound system will want this BD to show it off. And it is a good introduction to the Patrick O'Brian novels from which the movie screenplay was adapted.

I'm sorely tempted. I love this movie and this is even cheaper than it was on Black Friday. But my collection is bursting at the seams and I'm trying to keep only one version of a movie wherever possible. And I have the two-disc DVD and the BD drops a lot of the extras from it.

Still tempted. What to do?

NoirFan 12-06-10 01:33 PM

Apocalypse Now (2-disc) dropped another dollar to $18.99. I guess I'm in at that price.

Superdaddy 12-06-10 01:39 PM

Wow...noticed American Werewolf and Vanishing Point at $8.99 each. I'd be all over those prices if I didn't own them already.

It's going to be a long holiday season in the pocketbook if amazon keeps bringing prices like these coupled with the free Prime.

drq2 12-06-10 02:20 PM

What's funny about this one is. I started last year saying if it was this price I would buy it. Back then it was $18.99 or so. If it was $15 I would buy it. When it was $14.99 if it was $12 I would buy it, if it was $10, 8.00. Ok if it was $5. Had a Amazon $2.00 making it $4.99. Dam Amazon!

On space 1999(I need a new Eagle One, anyone have a metal one they want to sell?), DVD or Blu-Ray I do not think it would help any. Unless they have many extras like TZ.

John Galt 12-06-10 02:21 PM

It's going to be a long holiday season in the pocketbook if amazon keeps bringing prices like these coupled with the free Prime.
No shit. It's just too tempting knowing that all I have to do is click a button and I can have the UPS man show up at my door with the movie within 24 hours.

GoldenWheels 12-06-10 02:32 PM

I was "sold" the movie by a friend on the same argument and have to concur. Between the booms and the creaks, I thought my house was falling down.

Good flick too and at that price? No brainer IMO.

nycdude 12-06-10 02:38 PM

Let the Right One in - $8.99 lowest I've seen.

quid squid 12-06-10 02:53 PM

is Magnificent Seven worth that price? Never seen it and thought about a blind buy.

Navinabob 12-06-10 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by quid squid (Post 10530322)
is Magnificent Seven worth that price? Never seen it and thought about a blind buy.

The first movie was great... the rest are far far far less so. So you get 1 movie and four coasters for that price.

drq2 12-06-10 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt (Post 10530255)
No shit. It's just too tempting knowing that all I have to do is click a button and I can have the UPS man show up at my door with the movie within 24 hours.

Yup, I have a DroidX with the Amazon.com appt. Damit, I can now buy and walk at the sametime.

drq2 12-06-10 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels (Post 10530272)
I was "sold" the movie by a friend on the same argument and have to concur. Between the booms and the creaks, I thought my house was falling down.

Good flick too and at that price? No brainer IMO.

Its funny you would bring this up. Years ago when I got my 1st SS. I had a hockey game (Ducks) and I could hear all the bitching in the background. As time when on I could not hear it as clear. It will be ship sometime in the next day or so.

BTW Amazon is slower to ship out orders now. I have items that was order last week that has not ship yet. Then again I had order place Fri (Shrek, and the other one) come today.