Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Electronics BOGO Thread

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 12-01-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread devoted to this deal. Ultimate Electronics has been handing out "Buy One Movie, Get One Free" coupons over the past few weeks, and they're good 11/29-12/24.

The store seems to have no problem with customers using the coupon multiple times, in separate transactions--even in the same visit.

Anyway, how are you (if you're lucky enough to have one of these stores nearby) best taking advantage of this coupon?

For example, it's the best way to get Criterion Blus in the wake of the B&N sale: You'll be able to get Cronos and Videodrome next week for about $15 each.

What else?
Old 12-01-10, 03:56 PM

Re: The Ultimate Electronics BOGO Thread

Picked up Dr. Zhivago and Scott Pilgrim for a total of $28 today.

Monday, got the Ultimate Matrix Collection and Charade (Criterion) for $27 total. So the coupon is good on sets, too.
Old 12-01-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn all of you! We've had UE years, I wish they carried BDs so I could get in on the mix!
Old 12-01-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Moopher View Post
Damn all of you! We've had UE years, I wish they carried BDs so I could get in on the mix!
There's a UE not too far from my house and I would be like a pig rolling around in shit if they started to sell BDs.
Old 12-01-10, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I picked up the Batman and Oceans box sets for $24.95 for both. Was thinking about going back and getting two of the Complete Lost sets for $225 - can probably sell one of them off for $175 and keep the other for a mere $50...
Old 12-01-10, 04:46 PM

It's worth noting, also, that this offer also works on the store's already great sale prices. This week, for example, you can get Say Anything and There's Something About Mary for a total of $7.95.
Old 12-01-10, 04:48 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately the UE in Wisconsin is not offering these coupons. I've been to the store about 5 times recently (it's a mile away) and no such luck on any coupons of the sort...
Old 12-01-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

My closest one is about 90 miles away. I'd make the drive if they were still giving away coupons. I wanna pick up that Criterion BBS Story.
Old 12-01-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FunkDaddy J View Post
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread devoted to this deal. Ultimate Electronics has been handing out "Buy One Movie, Get One Free" coupons over the past few weeks
I think that's only if you have a new store that opened in the last month or two. Mine opened in September, and handed out BOGO coupons back then. There aren't any now...

Originally Posted by ShallowDepths View Post
Unfortunately the UE in Wisconsin is not offering these coupons. I've been to the store about 5 times recently (it's a mile away) and no such luck on any coupons of the sort...
Confirmed. I think Greenfield, WI is done with those coupons. I did get to use them twice back when they opened though... I guess we'll have to hope that another location opens, then shop til we drop!
Old 12-01-10, 05:12 PM

Actually, my local store has been open (and selling media) for quite a while--much longer than a month or two...
Old 12-01-10, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually, my local store has been open (and selling media) for quite a while--much longer than a month or two...
Mine has been open for almost a year, and has been handing out these coupons as well.

I haven't purchased anything yet, but I have 7 coupons on deck for when I do, in addition to 2 free $25 gift cards the wife and I grabbed a few Sundays ago.
Old 12-01-10, 10:04 PM

I'm using my coupon to buy my wife "Eclipse" this Saturday (blu-ray is $19.99), and then pick up something else for me. "Knight and Day" or "Expendables". I haven't decided on which yet.

MrSmearkase: Tsk tsk. My wife and I had a chance to each get a $25 gift card, too, but decided to be honest and fair to those behind us, and told the guys at the door we were together (supposed to be 1 per family). Good for you, though...I guess.
Old 12-01-10, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect View Post
MrSmearkase: Tsk tsk. My wife and I had a chance to each get a $25 gift card, too, but decided to be honest and fair to those behind us, and told the guys at the door we were together (supposed to be 1 per family). Good for you, though...I guess.
We weren't the only ones in line doing it, so we didn't feel too guilty. Also, there were less than 20 people waiting that morning. The employees passed them out like Halloween candy, with no concern of who was with whom.
Old 12-02-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My store has been letting me use one coupon on up to 10 titles, thus getting 5 free. Some of the clerk match up the titles giving me the best possible deal. All of the clerks have been also letting me stack the $20 off $100 coupon as well.

So, I've mostly been buying 8-10 titles at a shot, mostly about the same price range. I did a whole bunch of Criterions and digibooks, for instance, together. I aim for a pre $20 coupon total of
Old 12-02-10, 01:05 PM

I don't mind doing separate transactions, but the ability to stack the $20 coupon is awesome, and I'm sure a big YMMV. The media manager at my store said, "The computer won't let me do more than one free movie per transaction." Glad you got someone who would let you do that!
Old 12-02-10, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't mind doing separate transactions, but the ability to stack the $20 coupon is awesome, and I'm sure a big YMMV. The media manager at my store said, "The computer won't let me do more than one free movie per transaction." Glad you got someone who would let you do that!
At my store, the coupon code prints this text on the receipt -- "Buy One Get One Free Blu-ray, Up To Five Free"
Old 12-02-10, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amazing how UE employees differ so much. Heck, sometimes the same guy does. During the B&N Criterion sale, I found a guy who gave me 50% off the UE price instead of simply price matching to the B&N price. I went in the next day, and he said he couldn't do that.
Old 12-02-10, 02:52 PM

That reminds me: For those of us waiting for Videodrome and Cronos, Ultimate Electronics has a habit of putting out their Criterions early, so keep an eye out.
Old 12-02-10, 03:46 PM

Used the B1G1 coupon to pick up the Blu's of Nightmare Before Christmas and Ratatouille. I haven't seen the latter before, but it seemed like a great time to blind buy it given the near universal praise of the film and of the Blu Ray release. Nightmare Before Christmas has been on my to-get list for awhile, especially since the Blu Ray release of that has been widely praised as well.
Old 12-02-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 164 Likes on 124 Posts

My UE doesn't seem to be handing these out. I've made three blu-ray purchases there over the last month (including BF) and they haven't given me one of the fucking things. Thought I saw someone ahead of me in line holding one, but I couldn't tell.

I'd like to pick up Alien Anthology and the Star Trek movie set for $100 total. (Then again, maybe not. They have both sets wrapped up in spiders, which tend to put notch-shaped dents in the packaging.)
Old 12-03-10, 01:24 PM

The BOGO coupon does not apply to "box sets"; it only applies to "movies" (which it states on the coupon, and apparently does not include movie box sets). I was just denied using it on a couple of sets at the UE in Thornton, CO. Never mind that it worked a couple of days ago when I bought "The Pacific", and that isn't even a movie.

I couldn't stack the $20 off coupon either. Luckily, all stores are different, so I'm going to try the others in my area this weekend. PLUS, I could only do one freebie, and not 5 like some others are allowing.

Lots of lucky folk out there, I just am not one of them.
Old 12-03-10, 02:18 PM

Yes, I just had the same experience. According to the guy I usually deal with at UE, he got a memo yesterday telling employees to back off the box sets with the coupon. (But he said he could still do one for me if I wanted--so there's wiggle room, if you're lucky.)

Just picked up American Beauty and Road to Perdition for $21 total. Sam Mendes double feature! But I couldn't use the coupon with the Fantasia deal.
Old 12-03-10, 05:35 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Yes, I just had the same experience. According to the guy I usually deal with at UE, he got a memo yesterday telling employees to back off the box sets with the coupon. (But he said he could still do one for me if I wanted--so there's wiggle room, if you're lucky.)

Just picked up American Beauty and Road to Perdition for $21 total. Sam Mendes double feature! But I couldn't use the coupon with the Fantasia deal.
damn, I hope I can get away with one more set of boxsets on the 7th. I'm really wanting the shrek set and something else to tag along with it.
Old 12-03-10, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, the Salem NH store has signs up about it in the front doorway and all over the movie section. Guess I should be glad to have gotten the Oceans/Batman deal when I did!
Old 12-04-10, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last night I got Star Wars: Clone Wars Season II, Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure, A Prophet, and Secret In Their Eyes for $50 total (I used my $25 gift card).

Not a bad score.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.