DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   (DEAD) Lord of the Rings Trilogy $7.99 @ Target.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/582553-dead-lord-rings-trilogy-%247-99-%40-target-com.html)

dsa_shea 11-25-10 11:23 AM

re: (DEAD) Lord of the Rings Trilogy $7.99 @ Target.com

I think most B&M stores have phased out the Trilogy set and have gone with the individual releases. Here's hoping that those dickheads ordering multiple copies don't fuck this up for the rest of us that got in on 1 or 2 copies.

Manzana 11-25-10 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 10511108)
I thought I remembered seeing it last time I was at Walmart. I guess I'll take my chances with Target tomorrow night. No way I'm going early.

Are you saying that you're going to Target Friday night in hopes of finding a LOTR Trilogy BD set? Dream on. You only have a small chance if you go there Friday morning at open (5 AM I believe). Walmart just stopped carrying it (almost as if they knew what Target was going to do and took preemptive action). The Target online sale is dead. So Friday morning at 5 AM is the only chance for those who didn't order it online last night.

dino88 11-25-10 01:41 PM

And that's why I said I'd take my chances. I'm not getting stuck in the middle of a Black Friday mob for a blu-ray.

AmityBoatTours 11-25-10 03:26 PM

I had actually picked up the trilogy at target about earlier this week knowing the ad scan showed this price, cause last year my local target let me price match several titles that i had allready bought a week or so earlier.

I asked the same store manager (not an assitant manager or a cs rep) who said i could last if i would be able to do that again, and she said yeah they would match again (at my location anyways dont know about others) even something with as big of price difference as this is from the original purchase price.
so I will be heading to target at some point in the morning tomorrow and getting the price match.

edstein 11-25-10 03:48 PM

This is a good deal but I'd still rather have the Extended versions on blu.

iNCREDiPiNOY 11-25-10 07:00 PM

Anyone got the shipping notice from target.com?

DarthPrime 11-25-10 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY (Post 10511692)
Anyone got the shipping notice from target.com?

Wondering the same thing. Mine still says "not yet shipped" with a delivery estimate of Dec 1 - 3. I hope these ship. Would love to get the Trilogy on Blu-ray and the price is amazing.

AmityBoatTours 11-25-10 08:19 PM

I noticed while earlier today it still said 7.99 and said sold out.
It now says sold out and has no price listed.

dan30oly 11-25-10 09:45 PM

I got a shipping notice on a movie I bought at the same time as LOTR, but not on LOTR itself.

izatright 11-25-10 09:51 PM

No shipping notice for me either. I bought this with some Dragon Dynasty titles and they're listed as being prepared for shipment, but the LOTR is still processing.

g 11-25-10 09:56 PM

They shipped The killer BD and I wouldn't have bought it without LOTR. So I hope they come through on that.

AmityBoatTours 11-25-10 10:14 PM

hmm i wonder if they are going to follow through on these then.
Iam still going down at some point in the morning to do a price match on the set i purchased this week, since i was allready told I would be able to (as i mentioned earlier) but If they decide to not process the through with the online orders then they would probably also not be letting the price go through in store either. hope its just that they havent gotten around to getting the LOTR sets ready for shipment and not that they are going to not honor it.

seether254 11-26-10 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours (Post 10511941)
hmm i wonder if they are going to follow through on these then.
Iam still going down at some point in the morning to do a price match on the set i purchased this week, since i was allready told I would be able to (as i mentioned earlier) but If they decide to not process the through with the online orders then they would probably also not be letting the price go through in store either. hope its just that they havent gotten around to getting the LOTR sets ready for shipment and not that they are going to not honor it.

Wouldn't that suck? Target: yeah we'll honor the price even though it was hour mistake. Later: oh yeah we honored it like we said but we ain't gonna ship them!

AmityBoatTours 11-26-10 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by seether254 (Post 10512187)
Wouldn't that suck? Target: yeah we'll honor the price even though it was hour mistake. Later: oh yeah we honored it like we said but we ain't gonna ship them!

we will start hearing if target in store is honoring the 7.99 price in just a bit i suspect since target opens in just about 7 mins

DirkBelig 11-26-10 03:02 AM

While I was refreshing the Walmart and Amazon tabs, I never kicked out to the master forum page and this is what I miss. Grrr. Not going to the stores in hopes of snagging this, so whutevah.

AmityBoatTours 11-26-10 04:11 AM

so any word from people on the east coast on if LOR trilogy was able to be had in store for 7.99
now that targets been open over a hour

tony_montana187 11-26-10 04:21 AM

Just got back from the Target around the corner. They numerous copies of the individual movies priced at $7.99. Just when I was about to give up, I see some box sets in security cases sitting on top of the normal blu ray shelving. There was couple Planet Earth, Back to the Future, and low and behold ONE copy of the LOTR Trilogy. Sure enough that sucker scanned out at $7.99. My receipt shows I saved $67.00 on it this morning.

kstublen 11-26-10 04:26 AM

I went to Target right when they opened (4 a.m.) and there was the longest line I have ever seen during Black Friday sales. I rushed back to where the Blu-rays were and there was a spot for the box set with the price tag of $7.99, but there were none on the shelf. I found a sales associate and asked him if he wouldn't mind checking the back, so he scanned the item, found they had one in stock, and got it for me. Rang up $7.99 no problem.

AmityBoatTours 11-26-10 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10512259)
I went to Target right when they opened (4 a.m.) and there was the longest line I have ever seen during Black Friday sales. I rushed back to where the Blu-rays were and there was a spot for the box set with the price tag of $7.99, but there were none on the shelf. I found a sales associate and asked him if he wouldn't mind checking the back, so he scanned the item, found they had one in stock, and got it for me. Rang up $7.99 no problem.

How long did it take to get in the store once you got in line

kstublen 11-26-10 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours (Post 10512262)
How long did it take to get in the store once you got in line

Well, the line ran the length of the Target store and then ran about half the length of the store next door, which was closed. Then, it doubled back all the way to the entrance of the Target. I was at the very end and I'd say it probably took about 10 minutes to get in, but they're pretty efficient about it all.

sotra 11-26-10 05:38 AM

Snagged 2 @ about 4:30 and left 1. Shelf tag said $79.99 I think, but they scanned at $7.99 each :)

Future Man 11-26-10 05:44 AM

The $7.99 sale tag for the trilogy was on the (empty) shelf at my Florida store, and per the clerk's inventory scanner there were two somewhere in the store, maybe in someone's cart, "no they were not in the back" and they are getting a truck tonight, so maybe more will show up.

AaronSch 11-26-10 06:11 AM

I picked up a copy on Wednesday. Walked in with the mob at 4 a.m. this morning. Walked right up to the service counter and they price matched with no questions asked... None of the other titles this year seem to be priced any less than what I saw them priced at during various sales in the past year so I just high tailed it out of the store.

alfredog1976 11-26-10 06:31 AM

I snagged one too for $7.99 and got the hell outta there. I highly recommend checking Target.com for in-store availability of the set for the Target you plan to go to.

nycdude 11-26-10 06:31 AM

missed it. :( OOS online