Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Wal marts Official black friday ad

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-10, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Wal marts Official black friday ad

Originally Posted by scarredgod
last year, at my walmart, the sale dvd displays were by the food aisles and also in the lawn and garden center, not in electronics, so they could be anywhere.
how did you know they were bluray displays if it was wrapped up? Was there a sign or something? I guess i should get there early and go strolling all throughout the store & try and find them.. ugh what a hassle. : /
Old 11-22-10, 11:05 PM

I find it silly that the Walmart.com black friday maps show the location of the 5AM items, but none of the locations for anything else.
Old 11-22-10, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by adam_omega
I find it silly that the Walmart.com black friday maps show the location of the 5AM items, but none of the locations for anything else.
It's like a scavenger hunt where if you find the shelf first someone might shiv you to get it in your place.
Old 11-23-10, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

I think they'll be under a big "W".

(Couldn't resist!)
Old 11-24-10, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just did my usual pre-BF scoping at my nearby Walmart. I had a list of the couple dozen BDs and games of interest to me advertised in their ad or in other ads (to PM). I was disappointed only to find about half of them, and those that were there only had 3-5 copies. I have no idea if they are going to pull them from their spots to put them in the $5 and $10 displays or leave those ones there while putting out pre-loaded displays (i.e. shipped to them already wrapped and full of movies) with hopefully a lot more copies. I sure hope so, otherwise prospects of getting my hands on 1 of the few copies of each is slim. As usual, I also accidentally put a few items of interest into the wrong spots in nearby areas, and I'll see if those are still there (usually not).

Does anyone know if they will put out pre-loaded displays and I shouldn't worry that many titles only have 3-5 copies on the shelf?

The one thing that gives me hope is I was told by the asst. mgr. that my Walmart (and each may be different) will PM all-day long items in other ads before those stores open, so only time-limited items/doorbusters would require me to wait until a particular time to PM. This should free me up to be at Target at open and maybe at Big Lots at open too. After going through most of the ads (what a drag and waste of time... glad it's only once a year!) there's not much I'm interested outside of Walmart and hoping there will be some nice surprises in the misc. unlisted assortments.
Old 11-25-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't recall if we are allowed to link to them, but over at BFads.net they are actually reporting that WalMart stated they would even pricematch doorbusters as well. Hmmm? Now I just have to look if they even have a couple of the movies that I wanted from Meijers now. And I'm under the same thinking as you Manzana that perhaps many of the $10 and $8 Bllu's currently might be many of the $5 special priced Blu's. I hope so as there are probably about 6 or 7 I saw that I would buy of those.

If the one person who's been posting that works there could comment about the possible pricematching policy that would be great. thx
Old 11-25-10, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well it now looks like the Los Angeles walmart on crenshaw blvd and the Panarama city wal marts will not be opening till 5am on thursday.
I just called to verify and the rudest customer service ladyever barked at me 5am and said i was crazy and making up that the ad even made any mention of any walmarts opening at midnight.
Old 11-25-10, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I saw this story online the other day. Take it however you want it, but the way I read it is that they will be pm'ing all deals(except online) provided you have the ad in hand.

Walmart offers price matching on Black Friday
Article
Comments (0) Monday, November 22, 2010 (Updated 9:40 am)
By The Associated Press

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Walmart will match competitor prices beginning on Thanksgiving Day and running through the weekend, one of the most popular holiday shopping periods of the year.

Customers can bring in competitors ads and Walmart says it will match the price of any identical price at the register. The offer does not apply to online purchases.

Walmart is also offering 150 online-only specials on Thanksgiving Day as well as "Black Friday" specials on electronics, home and apparel items in stores throughout the rest of the weekend.

Retailers traditionally compete for shoppers' dollars on the Friday after Thanksgiving, known as Black Friday, with early hours and special deals.

This year, many are offering deals earlier and some stores, such as Sears and many Walmarts, will be open on Thanksgiving Day.
Old 11-25-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

As I mentioned in the other thread, I was at WM last night and they were preparing the displays and wrapping Saran Wrap around it. Saw the following titles that were not on their ad:

Family Guy something something dark side
Seth McFarlance Cavalcade
Aliens in the Attic
Alvin and the Chipmunks
All about Steve

The first 2 should be in the $5 bin and the latter 3 $10
Just like last year they had the Promo stickers on them.
hope I can get them tonight before they sell out!
Old 11-25-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I saw this in the news:

The sale starts at Midnight! Electronic specials are available from 5:00 AM to 11:00 AM only. If you'll shop for electronics and gadgets, you better at your nearest Walmart store between 5 to 11 in the morning!
So, can anyone confirm if movies are being lumped in with electronics? Will the BD sale start at midnight or tommorow morning?
Old 11-25-10, 04:27 PM

I'm waiting for clarification for this too. Not gonna drive 25 minutes to Wal Mart around midnight only to find out you have to wait in line for $5 BDs. If I have a good chance at showing up, walking in and picking up a few, I'll do it.

Anyone know how this is going to work yet?
Old 11-25-10, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by blamofilms
I'm waiting for clarification for this too. Not gonna drive 25 minutes to Wal Mart around midnight only to find out you have to wait in line for $5 BDs. If I have a good chance at showing up, walking in and picking up a few, I'll do it.

Anyone know how this is going to work yet?
The upside is this. If they don't have the $5 sale at midnight then at least you can stand back from afar and see the madness that is sure to prevail as it does at WM every single year.
Old 11-25-10, 04:42 PM

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm no expert, but their add clearly says "available all day Friday starting at 12:01" above the page with the movies and games.
Old 11-25-10, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Indy24LA
I'm no expert, but their add clearly says "available all day Friday starting at 12:01" above the page with the movies and games.
During todays football games they keep running an ad that says 'shop the midnight sale while you wait for the big electronics sale that starts at 5am'.

I have no idea what they are planning, other than egging people to actually wait in WM all night. I wouldn't put it past them.
Old 11-25-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Big electronics sale means the TVs & laptops not the movies....
Old 11-25-10, 04:53 PM

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
During todays football games they keep running an ad that says 'shop the midnight sale while you wait for the big electronics sale that starts at 5am'.

I have no idea what they are planning, other than egging people to actually wait in WM all night. I wouldn't put it past them.
Oh yeah, it seems like the big ticket items are @ 5 am while everything else will start @ 12:01... which would be great except how do you shop for things if you have to wait in line???

Luckily I am just going to see what games and movies they have.
Old 11-25-10, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

According to the Walmart BF ad circular, all the media (games, movies, etc.) are available at 12:01 AM.
Old 11-25-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
According to the Walmart BF ad circular, all the media (games, movies, etc.) are available at 12:01 AM.
Except for the L.A. stores which are not opening till 5am
Old 11-25-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Except for the L.A. stores which are not opening till 5am
Same with MA, as far as I can tell.
Old 11-25-10, 05:20 PM

Anyone have any info as far as if BIG BANG THEORY S3 (either format) or HIMYM S5 might be among the $12 TV seasons?
Old 11-25-10, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm surprised we didnt have any WM employees spillng the beans for us this year. I'm kinda excited at what they might have for $5, though I expect disapointment.
Old 11-25-10, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lemmy
Win.
Old 11-25-10, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I'm kinda excited at what they might have for $5, though I expect disapointment.
Just got back from my Walmart, the $5 selection was disappointing imo. They had 3 red displays wrapped in clear wrap. 2 were the $5 and 1 was the $10. Some of the ones in the ad were missing and supply is limited. In 1 hour most of it will be gone. I'll pass on the 12:00 sale and see what Amazon does. I have other stops to make anyway.
Old 11-25-10, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed the same thing at my local Wal-Mart. We drove up to see where everything was going to be. The movies that I wanted weren't in the red boxes but they were back in the Electronics area in their normal section.

I will say that they were still rolling out pallets as we were in there and maybe more were going to be coming out???

My wife and her cousin are going to head up while I wait patiently by the computer to see if price matches happen.
Old 11-25-10, 06:19 PM

does anyone know what some of the other titles are?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.